PDA

View Full Version : Island invasion 2.....2007?

Paul Beazer
09-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Seeing the SM8 thread reminded me that as im the only active club member on the island (hello fatgeek?), plus you all seemed to enjoy yourselves when we had IA#1 in april. Thought it might be an idea to get this moving sooner rather than later.
Looking for some input from you guys.

When would be best for the club, without conflicting with other season events?

My suggestion would be june / july (before schools break up) or after august bank holiday. When schools break up too many people over here to have a "spirited" road run.
Ideally i would suggest come over on a friday and back on the sunday.
Thinking along the lines a a big club barbie on the sat night on the beach in Ryde.
Can i have a rough idea of when would be good dates for you and who may be interested in attending.
Only in the vague planning stages at the mo. Any input and suggestions would be gratefully received.

I'd really like it to be a big club meet (meaning members from all over welcome, not just the southerners). Just let me know you're thoughts.

NevGroom
09-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I quite fancy it and I think camping would be a bit of a larf - Weather quite good too in June/July - Could have a big barbie Friday and Saturday night!!

Paul Beazer
09-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks Nev.

The more ideas i get from the membership the, better it is for all of us! I want to make this a good non-event type meet. TBH Its more likely to a good social meet then a tarmac tearing session, although i can take you some good road runs.........:d

WildCards
09-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Racing of some kind? Karting? Mini Motos? Paintball? Camping? Sand Castle building competition? Mountain Biking? Wet T-Shirt competition?...

How about some of the bank holiday weekends in the spring, there seem to be plenty and people may be more willing to travel a distance if they don't have to be up on Monday morning.

I'd be up for it mate.

Spirit
09-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Brain hurts too much to think just now.......but put us down for coming /Banana

ANTHONY
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
sounds good to me. i'll be there. dont forget to invite the geek

Alex
09-10-2006, 08:08 PM
K and I are up for this, provided the dates don't clash of course. Maybe we ought to hold back on setting a date until we have the event calendar for next year??

ANTHONY
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Maybe we ought to hold back on setting a date until we have the event calendar for next year?? good idea .A

HJM
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
We would love to come but won't be able to commit to anything next year until RT5 is sorted when the new 2007 calendar comes out in February :)

J

Paul Beazer
09-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Im not looking to confirm ANYTHING until next year, im just trying to get a feel for what you lot would like. Mmnkay?/Hyper

The Vee
12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Beach bbq sounds good, and yes I will be there.

g6acb
12-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Having never been to the Isle of Wight , depending on dates, I would be interested

Camping sounds cool, Mountain biking, beach BBQ, karting and the like always a good way to fill the days....

Paul Beazer
13-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Sorry no karting, the one track was open for 6 months and then closed when somebody absconded with large debts....
Camping - Check
Mountain biking - Check, i know some cool rides for all
Beach BBQ - Check - most definetely

White Lightning
13-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Sounds like fun. We will be along if we can make it.

Nick Mann
13-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Dates allowing, we are interested!

I'll see if I can put up next years sticky with the main events on.

soapy1978
13-10-2006, 01:30 PM
i spoken to my partner we be up for that we probaly come over for the week and use the same place we stayed in before as it my partners bosses flat out there so cheap as chips would say we put others up too but only two rooms and we got two kids coming too

darren

ANTHONY
13-10-2006, 06:06 PM
sounds like the making of a big meet all we need now is a date, now that the main events have been sorted.....................i know its a long way off but the earlier we organise the more people will proberly go......./Banana

Paul Beazer
13-10-2006, 07:42 PM
sounds like the making of a big meet all we need now is a date, now that the main events have been sorted.....................i know its a long way off but the earlier we organise the more people will proberly go......./Banana

At the moment, im going to hang fire announcing a date until next years events calender is up, that way we're less likely to clash. Hopefully once we have an events calender up we can decide. I'd like to get a really big club meet together for the whole club, so everyones input is really valuable to me!!
Besides im gonna be too busy in 6 weeks or so when little charlie enters the world :thumbsup:

ANTHONY
13-10-2006, 08:28 PM
next years events calender are up, http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19685 but we dont expect you to sort it out all on your own, what with the baby on the way. this should be a club event with a bit of help from you as you know the area.

ANTHONY
26-01-2007, 10:37 PM
just thought i'd bring this back to life

Paul Beazer
26-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Cheers Ant!
Good grief, is it really 3 months since i mentioned this last? Time flies!

Kieran
26-01-2007, 11:28 PM
KieranCorp Towers is still interested, if others are!!:afro:

Paul Beazer
26-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Once winter's out of the way i'll get on this properly!

Spirit
27-01-2007, 12:05 AM
KieranCorp Towers is still interested, if others are!!:afro:

Aye, we would be too :2thumbsup

ANTHONY
27-01-2007, 12:08 AM
nikki and me as well

The Vee
27-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Yep, II1 was awesome, well received and well organised. Was also the maiden run of the Scud (set off 10 mins after completion/pan ) later june / july still sounds good and beach bbq would be fun

WildCards
27-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Kate, the kids and I might be persuadable if the finances are ok.

ANTHONY
17-03-2007, 12:08 AM
needs a kick up the bum ( the thread i mean)

Spirit
17-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeah........nice one Ant.......Mr Beazer......when are you planning this then mate.....lets get it on the calendar /rally

jayjay99
17-03-2007, 02:31 AM
I'm interested if it's still in the june/july time, otherwise I'll be out of the country :(

ANTHONY
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
bump

Paul Beazer
12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry, need to get my arse in gear. Been busy with the little man and lack of sleep and work and the garden and my bike and the car.........

Looking at the calendar, how about the weekend 30th June / 1st July? Its between japshop and SW Festival of motoring. Everyone should have been paid by then and its before the holiday season really gets going. The weather should be good too. Or how about august 4th/5th,nothing in the calendar at all that month.

It will be a bit quieter before the holidays and prob a bit cheaper too. This isnt going to be a particularly car focused event, more of a social get together (although im sure i can take you all on some nice evening drives in the country (ahem!/rally ).
Ryde is handy for pretty much everything, holiday camps, caravan / camping, 10 mins from the ferry and pubs, food etc.:scholar:
I was thinking of organising a beach barbie perhaps on the sat night. The beach is fabbo in ryde, lots of sand and safe for the kids. At low tide you have to walk about 1/2 a mile to get your feet wet!

Please feel free to make any suggestions as i want to make this as appealing to as many members as possible. Would be nice if we could tempt some of those lesser spotted northerners down that couldnt make it to IA#1 this time last year!/pan

Kieran
12-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Would be nice if we could tempt some of those lesser spotted northerners down that couldnt make it to IA#1 this time last year!/pan

Aye - would be Grand! :afro:

I'll check the calendar. :scholar:

g6acb
13-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Still interested up here in the north too.... all depending on dates.... why does the 1st july ring a bell?:thinking:

Will have to check with the planner in the house

Alex
13-04-2007, 08:08 PM
K and I are still up for this, and have pencilled it in on the calendar. :2thumbsup

The Vee
16-04-2007, 09:34 AM
30 June / 1st July - good for me

westy
17-04-2007, 05:56 PM
mmm.... interesting.if i get my car running i would be interested in coming down (from ooop norff).no date clashes that is

Alex
02-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Is this still in the offing?

g6acb
02-06-2007, 10:58 PM
nadgers..... forgot about this ..... only weekend now free for me is 6 7 8 July....

Never been to the Isle of Wight before - may just go down and camp/mtb that weekend anyway

Paul Beazer
04-06-2007, 01:40 PM
nadgers..... forgot about this ..... only weekend now free for me is 6 7 8 July....

Never been to the Isle of Wight before - may just go down and camp/mtb that weekend anyway
Oh poo! I havent really had time to think abou this recently! erm erm erm. Sorry really crap excuse i know.

Kieran
04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Oh poo! I havent really had time to think abou this recently! erm erm erm. Sorry really crap excuse i know.

That's completely understandable Paul! I imagine Mini-Beazer takes up most of your time at the moment!

Shall we put this one to bed and re-arrange it for a better date then, peeps?

Spirit
04-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Seems to make sense. This has never really got off the ground and financially things are tight for us after RT6 and I need to focus on the new business.

Paul Beazer
04-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Ok guys, thanks for your understanding.
K you're right charlie is taking up most of jeans time and i seem to spend most of my time at work. Having enough trouble organising myself to work, let alone a meet. Aaaw, serves me right.
Hopefully when i do get this going i'll still have a galant.....

Now to Tescos for the formula run!

Thanks again for everyones interest and understanding. :iloveyou: all

ANTHONY
04-06-2007, 10:34 PM
sounds fair to me. maybe next year

Alex
05-06-2007, 08:52 PM
No problem at all mate. TBH it will be good for Kieran and I to have a free weekend. Our social lives are truly hectic at the moment (not that I'm complaining) :)