PDA

View Full Version : So..ive got a Gearbox....

triniVr4
12-10-2006, 08:13 AM
str8 from a breakers front cut....im about to do the conversion to the Manual from a Tiptronic..

got the following

Entire Shifter setup (inclusive of all cables, the shifter, the "bone white" plastic base)
the clutch Pedal setup
The brake pedal setup
Master and slave Clutch Cylinders
the ECU (i dont know if its different from the Triptronic so i took it anyway)
the Instrument cluster that has the "AYC"(my current setup does not have it)
instrument cluster harness
a Cusco Twin disk clutch/pressure plate (grins......)
the two Airbag "sensors"

is this a simple swap? or is there some "addtional" machine work that needs to be done?

Nick Mann
12-10-2006, 09:38 AM
I think you may need the front driveshafts too. Not yet done this either, but planning to, and I'm sure someone mentioned that the front driveshaft(s) is(are) different. To my mind, it would be the driveshaft from the gearbox rather than from the transfer box, but I can't confirm or deny any of that yet!!

zedy1
12-10-2006, 09:48 AM
you need the flywheel and the spacers for the manual, innershaft which goes through the gearbox and into the transfer box. Driveshafts are the same.

ps:Nick do you wanna sell me your driveshafts?

bradc
12-10-2006, 09:52 AM
hey Mo, what rpm does your car run at in 5th gear at 62mph?

Nick Mann
12-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Are you sure the driveshafts are the same, Mo? I thought Barry had trouble a while back when he discovered the shafts were a slightly different length?

Nick Mann
12-10-2006, 09:56 AM
See this thread:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10685&highlight=driveshaft

Not a different length, but a different fitting.

triniVr4
12-10-2006, 05:46 PM
read the thread..but can someone pls confirm?....i wud want to head back to teh breakers and pick up both axles if that is the case...