PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year again ??

SGHOM
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
starts around this time of year, every year. usually lasts a couple of months or so. we're reminded of it often, on the news, in the papers, on the radio. but, for some unknown reason, so many people chose to ignore these warnings. :nono: & whats this "season" called ???..............................

It's the motorway pile up season. .................. watch out !! there are idiots about.

zedy1
11-11-2003, 09:29 PM
now let me think is it winter :D

SGHOM
11-11-2003, 10:03 PM
NAH !! a complete blanket of fog in Sheffield this evening, & I was passed by several idiots, tailgating without there lights on, at speeds where the obvious is bound to happen. when conditions are like they were this evening, it only takes a little common sense to avoid a shunt. As a friend of mine found out to his [ financial ] cost, when he was rear ended in foggy conditions, & shunted into the car in front, he was charged with driving without due care & attention & fined & endorsed. :nono: :nono:

merlinsnowizard
11-11-2003, 10:14 PM
I have to say that I drive 1 junction up and down the M1 every day, and I have already seen 2 in the lsat week in the early morning fog near Northampton.

Take care of yourself.... and each other:gun2: :bighug: :soapbox:

Brind
11-11-2003, 10:33 PM
I find this time of the year is just as bad as driving during very bright sunny days.

During the above, people tend to believe they can be seen and they have the best traction to do whatever they like and get complacent about the real dangers.
During the winter grotty months newer cars still stay warm and give the drivers a false sense of comfort and security.

Best thing to do is stay clear as much as possible and treat everyone else as morons.

And stay safe, as Japfest this time could be a goodun'. :D