PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good Legnum...

mik3.king
29-04-2003, 12:00 PM
I'm on the hunt for a good legnum to make a matching pair with my FTO :D

I'd really like a leather interior INSERT INTO post VALUES (I know that thise is quite rare in imports) as I have a few little 'uns and it needs to be wipe clean INSERT INTO post VALUES (just don't ask).

I'm based down in near Watford and have looked at a few recently but nothing has come up to par. Do you guys/gals know of anything on the market that would do the job.

I did look at a nice Volvo S80 T6 the other day but it's a) a Volvo and b) a Front wheel drive but it does have a nice lump up front. Lots of leather as well which is nice but I would really like to get a VR4.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

BraindG
29-04-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by mik3.king

I'd really like a leather interior INSERT INTO post VALUES (I know that thise is quite rare in imports) as I have a few little 'uns and it needs to be wipe clean INSERT INTO post VALUES (just don't ask).

Little 'uns indeed :nono: no need for excuses here :D j/k

fistly welcome to the site..

secondly try giving some of the dealers a ring in in the dealer forum. the places we have purchased ours from have been listed there.. I would highly :D recommend Vehicle Buyers Japan. Ask for peter, and mention how you got his number :cool1: he will be able to help you out, and look for what you require..

barry

mik3.king
29-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome...

I'm doing the dealer route as well, but looking for any inside info that anyone may have...

There is an interesting advert up on autotrader for a UK VR-4, but it is for 17.5k Got all the stuff that I want though :-)

I looked at one nearby INSERT INTO post VALUES (www.akcherts.co.uk) that looked interesting. The car was great from the outside, very clean with hardly any marks INSERT INTO post VALUES (missing placcy bit from front bumper as usual) but inside it was a bit of a disaster. The car had evidently been used by a modding smoker INSERT INTO post VALUES (not a good combination). There ware screw holes all over the place where things had been added INSERT INTO post VALUES (inc on each door near the tweeters and the tweeters cones themselves were missing...!!). When driving it thing didn't like to stop INSERT INTO post VALUES (looks like the pads were almost to the metal) and there was a bit of a pulse from the brakes INSERT INTO post VALUES (disks gone I suspect). It did have all the sat nav stuff in it INSERT INTO post VALUES (can you change the CD and get english menus??).

I hope the others are better than this one...

Oh yes, and a quick question... Do these things have boost gauges or is there another way of checking turbos in them?

Mike

BraindG
29-04-2003, 01:16 PM
god, that sounds like a hell hole !

nope, no turbo gauges im afraid, wish there was.. :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( you would have to purchase one.. then house it somewhere :Ponder:

17.5 k? omg, call peter, he'll be able to sort you out something cheaper... with what you want.... im pretty confident,.

Nick VR4
29-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Hi Mike
Welcome to the club
Your near Watford were abouts I'm in Aylesbury

Good luck hunting down a Legnum very rare cars
Yes I have a legnum
Cheers Nick

mik3.king
29-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Nick,

I'm based in Abbots Langley, and used to go over to Aylesbury to get the FTO looked at at Adams. I also tested a UK VR-4 saloon there as well INSERT INTO post VALUES (very nice, managed to scare the sales guy :-) as well as testing a scooby).

I'm might also go for a saloon if a good one comes up. The legnum would be nice but the saloon is also not short of space in the boot so it might be a good compromise INSERT INTO post VALUES (after all, the volvo S80 T6 is a saloon so I can't be seen to have double standards).

Mike

BraindG
29-04-2003, 03:34 PM
just remember the rear seats dont fold down... and INSERT INTO post VALUES (atleast mine) doesnt have a "ski-hole" INSERT INTO post VALUES (as I call them) from boot to main cabin..

Nick VR4
29-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi Mike
Kings Langley I use to Live in Hemel l
Yeap Adams do my servicing

ITMATT
05-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Hi Mike,

Did you have any luck?

I am looking into changing mine for a 3000GT VR4 convertable if I can get one.

I have a metalic blue Legnum, tinted windows and tan leather interior if you are intrested.

Matt.