PDA

View Full Version : Clutch in gfs car being done...

Kenneth
16-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Jo is getting the clutch done on the car her mum gave her. they rang her this afternoon and said "you are missing an engine mount, itll cost $100-$150 to fix"

I am a bit dubious about workshops that do that, so i told her to ring them back and tell them not to do it.

anyway, the price changed to $80
she still said no though. you reckon it sounds a bit dodgy? i can understand a broken engine mount, but missing? :P

Car is a 1992 Toyota Carolla FX, done less than 85,000 km.

dickytim
16-10-2006, 07:14 AM
sounds very dodgy, like they broke one... Tell them not to, it should be a simple job to do your self, the car would clunk like crazy if it was missing.

Kenneth
16-10-2006, 08:36 PM
sounds very dodgy, like they broke one... Tell them not to, it should be a simple job to do your self, the car would clunk like crazy if it was missing.

apparently there has been some form of rattle for many years, but nothing major. ill have a look at it in the weekend and see. the way i see it is that if it has been missing for years then a little longer wont hurt.

d i c k i e s
17-10-2006, 02:56 AM
^^ agreed! ^^
why the sudden price drop? mmm very dodgy.

Xeroid
17-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Probably not gone at all, just the nut fallen off one end, happened to my old Subie - mount was still there but rattling in the bracket.

Kenneth
17-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Probably not gone at all, just the nut fallen off one end, happened to my old Subie - mount was still there but rattling in the bracket.

They said missing... feckers. took 2 days to do the clutch too (car stayed over 2 nights!)

Albany Toyota this is by the way.