PDA

View Full Version : GTO TD04s

SNWMAD
18-10-2006, 01:17 AM
I am looking around for a turbo upgrade and was just wondering if i can use the TD04s off a GTO. I know this would require work in pushing the firewall and a GTO radiator. Was just wanting to know if for a TD04 upgrade this turbo would be allright.

bradc
18-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Chat to Valmes about his TD04 mods, he used a pair of an early WRX and was able to fit them to his existing manifolds without any mods.

Nick Mann
18-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Chat to Valmes about his TD04 mods, he used a pair of an early WRX and was able to fit them to his existing manifolds without any mods.
You just made one of the biggest club projects sound like childsplay!! :p

I think it would be fairer to say that GTO TD04's are more difficult to fit to a VR4 than WRX TD04's.

Try PM'ing Valmes, searching through his posts on turbos, or pointing him at this thread.

valmes
18-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Ummhhh... it can be done ;) :pimp2:

bradc
18-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I didn't mean it that way, it is still a huge project, but it can be done, and that beast of a white car just up there proves it can be done.

Nick Mann
18-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I know mate, it's just the way it came accross! :p

SNWMAD
19-10-2006, 02:46 AM
All good, I just am bored of the power of my wagon. and after getting all the suspension, brakes, diff, clutch and minor engine mods done its time to go big. Was looking into a big single but i would rather two sharing the load.

I just saw two GTO turbos on trade me that i was going to buy and recondition/ customise.

I think i have read a post by valmes before, about the gto raditior being thinner and pushing the firewall to get it in there. I am also looking into the fueling system but it would have to run on the standard computer for awhile before i get more cash to run an aftermarket computer.

What is the name for the turbos used: TDO4 13L or something.

Eurospec
19-10-2006, 09:33 AM
All good, I just am bored of the power of my wagon. and after getting all the suspension, brakes, diff, clutch and minor engine mods done its time to go big. Was looking into a big single but i would rather two sharing the load.

I just saw two GTO turbos on trade me that i was going to buy and recondition/ customise.

I think i have read a post by valmes before, about the gto raditior being thinner and pushing the firewall to get it in there. I am also looking into the fueling system but it would have to run on the standard computer for awhile before i get more cash to run an aftermarket computer.

What is the name for the turbos used: TDO4 13L or something.

Std GTO Turbos are TD04 9b's

The UK car (ie 3000GT) Has TD04 13g's (although lately i have heard they may just be 11g's)

Upgrade Options are plentiful on the std TD04 platform. You can get the L or even HL housings (see Valmes has TD04L's) L is larger, HL, larger again.

Compressor side you can do 13G, 13T, 15G and 19T

Cheers,

Ben.

SNWMAD
19-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Cheers, i just got my hands on two mint condition wrx turbos for dirt cheap. Also have dump pipes, fuel reg and injectors on the way. Just wondering, has anyone in New Zealand done a modification of this sort. Or will this be the first.

I guess when i get it all complete i will have to pay the subs and become a member for once.

bradc
19-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Cool, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

mpau009
19-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I think allbeitmine was doing a similar project using td-04 13 something somethings

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12137

I dont think it got done though, due to lack of motivation.. But he got the car 95% there i think. He might be a good person to talk to.

SNWMAD
19-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Yip will do, just gathering the parts atm, got exams over the next 2 weeks but the work should start within the month. It not that expensive concidering the price of replacing the turbos with new ones or getting them reconditioned and customised. May even come out cheaper. I'll keep a tab on how much it all costs, so that others can budget for it.
If i got the money i will also dyno before and after. Does the club have dyno days?

AllBeItMine
24-10-2006, 11:02 AM
its not that far away anymore...