PDA

View Full Version : Is it a new trend?

Brind
12-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Is it a new trend for yoofs to amble across the roads in front of you expecting you to slow down for them?
It is happening so often around here lately and everyone seems to have such unbelievable attitude problems.
I know that now I've got older my tolerance level for idiots has diminished, and I'm more aware of what is going on and have seen huge changes since when I was young and I'm hardly very old at 24.
I was in a chip shop yesterday while the missus was in the car waiting, she said there were a few kids 'rolling' across the road, the road is limited to 20mph and has stupid speed bumps all along it but it still sees plenty of traffic!!! even still they were still doing it.
A bit later on there were more kids along the same lengh of road zig zagging across it slowly without a care in the world, when cars would approach they would tap the roofs as they past.
Don't these retards realise that being hit by a 2 ton piece of metal approaching at only 20mph can still fecking hurt!
I'm constantly confronted with idiots ambling across the road in front of me on normal roads expecting me and others to slow for them and although worried about damage to my car I would LOVE to hit one of the twats!!!!! I've nearly hit a few by vearing that bit closer to them, but they always seem to get out of the way... I'm very serious on this too.
On many occasion when you get the type that ambles across on purpose staring into the car trying to see your expression.. that is just a red rag to me!!! I can't resist to speeding up! if I hit them I'd bloody reverse over 'em too!

This probably sounds like a Victor Meldrew letter but I'm sure this happens all over and others are equally annoyed by this retarded behavior.

They should all join the army or something and put their attitudes to good use instead of victimizing the public.
They need to know their actions will have consequences but as we all know that will never happen here unless they are caught by their victim and given a bloody good hiding from them.

[/Rant over]

Nick VR4
12-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeap I know exactly what you mean M8

I try not to loose my temper and just blast the horn at them
That normaly makes them move out of the way pretty quick :D

BraindG
12-11-2003, 08:49 PM
im of the same opinion, best thing i ever got was the dump vavle.. dip the clutch. rev it up and release.. scares the **** out of them.. and they soon jump!!...

KiwiTT
12-11-2003, 09:12 PM
We have a similar attitude starting here too !

I did read an interesting letter in our local paper. It was written by one of these kinds of people. They are usually between 14-17 and do not care for themselves or society anymore. He said "The reason, we drink, do drugs and other things, is that there is nothing for them to do."

Take a look at "Jackass" from MTV; a popular program for this age group.

They will eventually grow up and be responsible; we hope.

Brind
12-11-2003, 10:09 PM
If you give them something to do they won't do it.
Give it a few years time and they might realise what they are doing but I seriously doubt it! they say **** breeds **** and without learning wright from wrong they won't ever understand.
Lets hope someone does the same to them, burgles their homes and takes all their possessions and breaks their windows etc maybe they will realise how unpleasant it is.

Ah... what a waste of time they are just pathetic. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Kieran
12-11-2003, 10:19 PM
I know what you mean Brind... Attitudes have changed big style.

I can remember starting secondary school, aged 11... You just DIDN'T mess with the VI Form members INSERT INTO post VALUES (16-18yo)...But by the time I was in VI form, we'd got the little sods banging on the windows of our common room and giving us the finger!!!:mad:

Fairly harmless as far as it went, but it was the lack of respect that got us all wound up - and it's the same everywhere else these days... "you can't touch me, I know my rights!!" is their smartass reply, as they knife your tyres, let off fireworks, vandalise phoneboxes, etc etc...

That said, One of my friends has a younger brother who's 16 and he's the perfect gentleman... but then, he's been brought up in a two parent family and knows what's right and wrong - and when he's stepped out of line INSERT INTO post VALUES (which isn't very often); he's been told about it and corrected.

My view is that Good, stable foundations make for good, stable people.

:soapbox:

Kieran
12-11-2003, 10:25 PM
/Cue rant:soapbox:

What REALLY annoys me is that any real attempt to punish the little buggers INSERT INTO post VALUES (and I'm not talking about the candy-ass "let's not steal things because it's a bit naughty" workshops) is jumped on by social services or something similar!!!! "You can't do that!!" thay say. "It's not his fault!".... Well, WHO the F*CK did throw that firework/brick/whatever then?!!...

And then, you approach the parents, and they're just as bad!!!! Gaaaaah!!!!

:grr: :argue: :flamer1: :gun2:

BraindG
12-11-2003, 10:27 PM
hang everyone!!!... errr.. them... oh.. erm.. nevermind

Kieran
12-11-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by BraindG

LOL!!!:D:D

Yeah! They're all Witches! BURN THEM! BURN THEM!!!

zedy1
12-11-2003, 10:31 PM
talking about horns ive modified mine when the kit was put on its the loud one and not the normal beep one :D

KiwiTT
12-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Not sure if this is related; but it may be a building block in their opinions of society.

A couple of young people complained repeatedly over 10 year period about abuse in a 2 parent home to authorities. Nothing was done and they were killed.

While I don't condone this attitude, I can partially understand why they may feel that they owe society nothing and treat it with so little respect, when they see and hear things like this every day, week, month.

Brind
12-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by BraindG

:cool: :D

Bring back public beheadings, put their heads on poles, give them the electric chair with a dry sponge like in the film Green Mile. :cool: teach 'em not to thieve penny sweets! :D

There has to be a time when the law changes and actually punishes these people. :bang:

LMAO @ this: :nokiss: never noticed this one before. :D

KiwiTT
12-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Brind
...They should all join the army or something and put their attitudes to good use instead of victimizing the public.

Your original idea, was the best. Get them up at 5am to clean the toilets, peel potatoes, and march aimless round in big circles. They will be too tired to do anything. :lolz:

Brind
12-11-2003, 11:00 PM
And heads on poles won't work? :D

Oh.. see your point. :D

BraindG
13-11-2003, 08:29 AM
:)

peterernest
13-11-2003, 08:40 AM
When I was younger I was naughty in school and the teachers beat me. I was naughty out of school and my folks beat me.

I don't think I've turned out too bad?

peterernest
13-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Looking back - I think I deserved all I got.

Nick Mann
13-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I agree 100%.

A sound thrashing on the few occaisons when it is deserved is the best way!

I still enjoy it sometimes now.........:rolleyes: