PDA

View Full Version : How reliable are vr4s

Paul C
23-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I have had mine for a few months now and with only 36000 miles on the clock I wouldn't of expected to be getting as many faults as i am. What would you consider to be an expected life span of these cars. I know with a good bmw you can expect to hit about 200 000 miles easy, what about vr4's?

Nutter_John
23-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi Paul

I have 145,000 miles on the clock on mine ( 8 years old) and still starts first time every time , no issues even when trashing the **** out of it on track

I have only spent about 2500 pounds on it in the last 12 months ( but thats clutch , flywheel , brembos , pads , braided lines , 3 services , boost controller )

Plus I have done 28,000 miles since last september + a 2650 mile trip in five days , no issues what so ever

I think they just need carefull pampering like a lady and they will comply with you ever need ( yeah right if only :D )

Physician
23-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Paul,

You could always have had a 'monday morning car' but in general terms these cars are bullet proof.

I think that most owners will agree that there is one very important reason for the car remaining trouble free, and that is regular servicing according to the Mitsubishi schedule.

Like most Japanese cars, they should go on and on and on if looked after properly. Of course, some parts wear and need to be replaced but otherwise you shouldn't have problems.

bradc
23-10-2006, 07:00 PM
What problems are you actually having?

d i c k i e s
24-10-2006, 12:09 AM
depends on your service history? (before and after) and how well you have maintained it and how you drive it

Paul C
26-10-2006, 06:08 PM
What problems are you actually having?

Although the engine management light hasn't come on i'm picking up a fault( data logger) with the cam sensor, tps, air flow sensor,coolant sensor, 02 sensor.

Kieran
26-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Although the engine management light hasn't come on i'm picking up a fault( data logger) with the cam sensor, tps, air flow sensor,coolant sensor, 02 sensor.

They could be 'old' codes - Ie - it had the fault some time ago and although the CEL is reset, the NVRAM that stores the fault codes has kept a record of them?