PDA

View Full Version : 2007 trackdays - discussion

Jimbo
24-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I might be wrong, but I think these are the only UK mainland tracks left for CVR4 to conquer (plus a rather tasty one in the Ardennes forrest).

Anglesey
Brands Hatch GP (Kent)
Cadwell Park (Lincolnshire)
Croft (N Yorkshire)
Goodwood (W Sussex)
Knockhill (Fife)
Lydden Hill (Kent)
Pembrey (S Wales)
Thruxton (Hants)
Spa (open 8 til late)

Which ones do people fancy tackling in 2007 aside from the usual favs? /Steeringw /Steeringw

HJM
24-10-2006, 02:44 PM
As you can maybe imagine, we have discussed this at home once or twice :thinking:

Thruxton, our closest track, don't do public track days unfortunately, so that's out.

For 2007, definitely Brands GP and Goodwood, possibly Cadwell too?

Anglesey is being rebuilt twice the length, I believe, so should be an interesting one when its finished.

Oh and Spa, of course :2thumbsup

Mm, better get saving /help

Jimbo
24-10-2006, 03:03 PM
As you can maybe imagine, we have discussed this at home once or twice :thinking:

Thruxton, our closest track, don't do public track days unfortunately, so that's out.

For 2007, definitely Brands GP and Goodwood, possibly Cadwell too?

Anglesey is being rebuilt twice the length, I believe, so should be an interesting one when its finished.

Oh and Spa, of course :2thumbsup

Mm, better get saving /help

Damn, didn't know that about Thruxton!

Spirit
24-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Cadwell and Brands for definate, maybe Spa too :evilgrin:

Thruxton is a bummer ain't it /Grrr

pezza
24-10-2006, 03:29 PM
2007 eh...? Got to get on track /Grrr /help

Thruxton seemed good when I went there but it was a company/corp type day out. I Didnt realise they don't entertain public track days, the karting was good fun there tho.

HJM
24-10-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm retiring to concentrate on car cleaning and pimping my other car :pimp2:

I only went to give Jane something to photograph and keep Jimbo company whilst he fooled around on track :happy:

H

Roadrunner
24-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Get yourselves up to Scotland ... you know you want to :D :curtain:

chris g
24-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Well if you want to have a euro adventure or two, through italian contacts I can get trackdays and hotels booked for Mas Du Clos in France, Salzburgring in Austria, Monza and Mugello

And through German club can access trackdays for Nurburgring F1 track, HockenheimRing and a few other places

HockenheimRing at least could be tied in with a euro trip to include Nordschleife, Schlumpf Collection and maybe Spa

A few places to consider....

stuartturbo
24-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Brands for definate since it's me local track
If everyone wants the GP circuit i think it's going to be a case of keep an i on it and book early.They dont seem to run many full tracks
Track days as many as money allow

Jimbo
24-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Get yourselves up to Scotland ... you know you want to :D :curtain:

It's certainly about time we travelled to you for a change Brian! I'd be up for a Knockhill trip....mind you, it's easier for me to say that as I'm closer (comparitively speaking) to the likes of HJMs and Pete.

I also like CG's suggestion of Monza as well - another classic GP track! Maybe 2008 for that one though, or Jane will have a contract taken out on me :D

I've had a yearning to do Brands Hatch and Spa for far longer than most tracks so these would be my initial preferences, but to be honest I'll go wherever theres good tarmac and great friends. :2thumbsup

chris g
24-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Monza
Monza (Milano)
Saturday 24 February 2007
199 €

chris g
24-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Salzburgring
Salisburgo (A)
Monday 30 April 2007
250 €

The Vee
26-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Certainly BrandsGP is one I'd like to do. Cadwell yes but also echo Jimbos sentiments

chris g
16-11-2006, 05:34 PM
James

Clear your PM inbox so can send a PM

Chris

Jimbo
16-11-2006, 08:07 PM
James

Clear your PM inbox so can send a PM

Chris

Ooops! Clear now.

chris g
16-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Sent it by email James

So check normal email inbox

amsoil
16-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Monza is the at the tops with Spa, but if you want to do Monza and drive home I would suggest an Accusump or you may be blowing your Big Ends right infront of the pits! Awesome circuit.:2thumbsup

Kieran
17-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Monza is the at the tops with Spa, but if you want to do Monza and drive home I would suggest an Accusump or you may be blowing your Big Ends right infront of the pits! Awesome circuit.:2thumbsup

Why exactly - oil can get too hot, or is it that it gets sloshed around the sump so much that the pickup might suck air to the bearings?

stuartturbo
17-11-2006, 07:30 AM
There is a few versions of these but the principle is the same.
Under fast acceleration or braking the pick up pipe can come uncovered resulting in a momentary pressure/flow drop,This type of device compensates for this. The device stores oil at the correct pressure and releases it when the oil pump does not provide the correct pressure. Monza may be worse due to the long sweeping bends pushing oil sideways up the edge of the sump.

Spirit
17-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Certainly looks interesting - needs some more investigation I reckon

amsoil
17-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Why exactly - oil can get too hot, or is it that it gets sloshed around the sump so much that the pickup might suck air to the bearings?

Its the Parabolica; at the end of a long straight you have a hard braking area that goes right and then starts to gradually open up , and it stays like this still opening for a complete 180 bend comming onto the pit straight.
You brake hard and chuck the oil up the front of the engine then still braking go right as tight as you can letting the G forces take you to the outside of the track as you accelerate . The oil never gets to get back into the pickup area of the sump, so give it 4 or 5 seconds for the bearings to strip and spin and right in front of the pit area you blow the engine! This even happens with dry sump engines when the reservoir is too small. Not too common now as most people know about it.
:inquisiti