PDA

View Full Version : FS: Possible Group Buy : EOI : Wiring harness patch cables

zentac
26-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I just bought one of these from the states, they are not cheap but it means you can wire things in without hacking your wiring loom to pieces...

For a one off they cost about £120-130 however we can reduce this significantly the more we get. Ive already got one, so Im only going to do this if theres enough interest. So would anyone want one?

As the VR4 may have different ECU's I would need to know how many pins per blocks you have, the one in the pic is 26 16 12 22 (which fits my VR4 ECU)

I will run the same offer on the FTO forums to get as many orders as possible.

Axeboy
26-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Interested, depending on the group price :)

bernmc
27-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Same, but very price dep.

Axeboy
29-10-2006, 01:39 AM
https://www.rhdjapan.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1924

This the same thing?

£80 from RHD

And they would more than likely do a group buy, they offered me one for the cusco hard pipe kit.

zentac
29-10-2006, 07:38 AM
yep similar sort of thing, and by the time you add on the £35 it cost at this end to get it through customs and delivered its the same sort of price. But I will contact them when I have the numbers and see which works out cheapest.

Kieran
29-10-2006, 12:26 PM
yep similar sort of thing, and by the time you add on the £35 it cost at this end to get it through customs and delivered its the same sort of price. But I will contact them when I have the numbers and see which works out cheapest.

It wouldn't cost that much I don't think I checked it out and it's USD$159 shipped to your door - and customs charges wouldn't amount to £35 on that... RHD Japan have a similar shipping service to TakaKaira. ;)

I checked on fields website, and there is a bit of a grey area. The Galant EC5A is listed as using connector clock CN-4 for all models. The Legnum EC5W has CN-4 for manuals, and CN-70 for autos. CN-70 has more pins. :inquisiti I imagine CN-70 will be needed on Automatic Galants too, but not sure...

Axeboy
29-10-2006, 12:32 PM
You could get 10 sent to one address, then send them on from here...

That was its only £5 postage extra and one customs fee.

And as Keiran said, customs fees are spot on from RHD... :)

zentac
29-10-2006, 06:41 PM
It wouldn't cost that much I don't think I checked it out and it's USD$159 shipped to your door - and customs charges wouldn't amount to £35 on that... RHD Japan have a similar shipping service to TakaKaira. ;)

I checked on fields website, and there is a bit of a grey area. The Galant EC5A is listed as using connector clock CN-4 for all models. The Legnum EC5W has CN-4 for manuals, and CN-70 for autos. CN-70 has more pins. :inquisiti I imagine CN-70 will be needed on Automatic Galants too, but not sure...

Which part of the Ive already got one of these didnt we understand? Yes Ive already bought one from america and I had to pay over £30 once it landed in this counrty to parcel force for customs clearence and delivery.

Wodjno
29-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Which part of the Ive already got one of these didnt we understand? Yes Ive already bought one from america and I had to pay over £30 once it landed in this counrty to parcel force for customs clearence and delivery.

Are you trying to say that you have already got 1 of these Richard/pan

Axeboy
29-10-2006, 06:54 PM
As I said above... You could get 10 for the same £30 clearance fee.

Then pass them on from here?

Just think it may work out cheaper.

I reckon RHD would offer 10% off for 10 items.

So assuming 10 items with a 10% discount:

10 x $117
10 x $19.2 postage (assuming they would just multiply this, might be cheaper)
1 X £30 clearance fee (I payed £30 for £600 worth of items last time)

= approx £750

Add in £5 per item for posting internally in the UK...

= £800 or £80 per item.

Just typing out loud, but this is a reasonable price IMO.

zentac
29-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Are you trying to say that you have already got 1 of these Richard/pan

hehehe..... line 1

I just bought one of these from the states, they are not cheap but it means you can wire things in without hacking your wiring loom to pieces...

zentac
29-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Why dont people just say yes or no and I will workout the price when I have final numbers and get the best price we can.

(£30 was not just clearance fees it included import duty which is based on the price of the items coming in)

Wodjno
29-10-2006, 06:59 PM
hehehe..... line 1

So have you got 1 then :inquisiti

Axeboy
29-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Lets start a serious list then gents:

1. Axeboy

Kieran
29-10-2006, 08:11 PM

Pffffft...../pan

I was on about the one from RHD Japan - If the US ones work out that expensive, then I personally would consider RHD Japan as a potential alternative. It may work out cheaper. Your call I guess./yes

Louis
29-10-2006, 08:35 PM
YES!

(I would be interested, see what cost works out at and let me know),

(I have usually had to pay 10% import duty and then 17.5% vat on top of that total, horrible tax on tax etc)

Axeboy
29-10-2006, 08:40 PM
The £30 i payed last time was all fees included.

Bal
30-10-2006, 11:21 AM
1. Axeboy
2. Bal - I'll be less nervous about isntalling the RSM and AVCR then :)

bernmc
30-10-2006, 12:21 PM
1. Axeboy
2. Bal
3. Bernmc (Provisional)

Ps. Do you already have one of these Z?

:evilgrin:

Axeboy
30-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Lads, email back from RHD regarding discount:

"Scott,

your coupon code has been fixed, the same discount will extend to the one-touch couplers and shipping is automatically consolidated for multiple purchases. thanks again!

Patrick Antell"

I have the code on my home PC and will add 10 of these to the basket tomorrow, including shipping and get back with a price....

Axeboy
30-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok, managed to get a basket price:

$1,382.56 Retail inc Post
10% Discount = $1244.30 = £656

Add in a rough £35 for Customs & Fees plus £5 per item for forward postage:

Total: £741

Or £75 ish each item..

Thats RHD's price sorted.

zentac
30-10-2006, 01:56 PM
you wont get them through for £35, vat is 17.5% of the value of the items (655) which is another £115 + customs duty on top

Click Here For Customs Website (http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_001454&propertyType=document )

Axeboy
30-10-2006, 02:19 PM
My last order was put through at a reduced rate.

I ordered about 6/700 pounds worth and payed £30 total including all vat/tax/clearance...

The same will be done with this shipment.

bernmc
30-10-2006, 02:33 PM
My last order was put through at a reduced rate.

I ordered about 6/700 pounds worth and payed £30 total including all vat/tax/clearance...

The same will be done with this shipment.

I've had the same done by another yank co - they just put a value of $5 each for every item or similar, so the total falls below the 'custums get interested' threshold.

Axeboy
30-10-2006, 04:07 PM
It wont be a big package either, which is good :)

zentac
08-11-2006, 08:27 AM
It wont be a big package either, which is good :)

Mine came in a well padded shoe box..... but anyway had a chat with the guy in the states that makes them and he said RHD are the reason he set up. The supra owners in America use to buy loads of these but a good percentage failed. He use to do wiring for a engine manufactured and the supra owners approached him to do some looms for them.

Anyone who wants to use RHD then fine... go ahead. Currently Ive got 7 potentials for the loom so Im going to email him now and see what price I can get them for.

Eurospec
09-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Richard,

You are correct about the way the import works. You pay as follows:-

The base price is the value of the item + the shipping.

The duty payable on automotive components is usually 10% of the base price. Some items may attract higher duty.

The Vat is payable on the base price plus the duty.

On top of all that parcel force will add an admin fee.

To give an idea, i recieved an item yesterday valued at $150 and still paid £22 quid to clear it.

So, if you want to work it out, the offical charge would be:-

(Cost of item + cost of shipping)*0.1 + ((cost of item + cost of shipping)*0.1)*0.175 + Parcel force admin fee

Dependant on price i might be interested in some harnesses.

Sometimes you get lucky and customs are asleep. Sometmes you get unlucky and they nail you with what they think the value of the item is, nevermind what it says on the invoice.

Cheers,

Ben.

zentac
09-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Richard,

Sometimes you get lucky and customs are asleep. Sometmes you get unlucky and they nail you with what they think the value of the item is, nevermind what it says on the invoice.

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks Ben, Ive had the latter happen to me shipping parts in, the parts were marked up correctly with what I paid for them but they stung me for what they thought they should be worth... and its a ballache to argue.

We can get the price marked as a lower value on the shipping documents but then its only insured for that price and we would have to take the hit if they were damaged or lost.

Eurospec
09-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Exactly.

HMRC are not funny people to argue with. They are also wise to the value of things. They dont look kindly on items having their value marked down- its revenue evasion afterall.

It is sometimes cheaper (this is mad!) to jump on a plane to the US East coast, go there, collect your things, pay, and jump back on a plane with them. You can bring a lot of stuff in a 32kg limit.

When you get home, you just go through the red channel and present your invoice. You have the first £175 or whatever free of duty, then you pay the duty (if they think there is any) and the VAT, but its cost you nothing to ship, or insure, or any handling fees. Plus you have had a weekend in Boston or wherever!

Last time i did that i took the Mrs too, (im fortunate to have loads of BA miles) had a nice weekend, watched a show and the customs guy used the 2 peoples allowance against the goods we brought back! Sometimes not bucking the system does pay!

Cheers,

Ben.

zentac
26-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Ive got some group buy prices, just need to calculate the shipping costs etc.. then I will post up the final price, but looks like they will come in well under £100