PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel brake hoses V6 2WD SALOON(1998) 98-CURRENT MODEL

sta
13-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Has anyone had stainless steel hoses made, such as goodridge or girling, for their standard front and rear calipers on the V6 2WD latest shape saloon model?..I have a 1998 year V6, before they uprated the brakes.

If no one knows, I will source a manufacturer and post details of where you can buy them, but thought it was worth asking you guys first.

Anyone interested in buying 5 x 16spoke 15" s/h used standard Galant Mitsu alloys? INSERT INTO post VALUES (without tyres) nice design INSERT INTO post VALUES (4 stud)..offers welcome! available soon. condition tba once off car.

cheers
sta

zedy1
13-11-2003, 08:17 PM
let me know when u get a price on them

sta
14-11-2003, 02:34 AM
will do Zedy1. !.....interested in the alloys too?..:)

latest is goodridge will make them up and keep a copy. I'll post the contact details once I've tried and tested them

zedy1
14-11-2003, 10:01 AM
wheels are no good to me cus yours would be 4 stud and the vr4s are 5 stud :D

sta
14-11-2003, 12:01 PM
now you are just showing off..:p

would love to see your mod sometime..i bet its awsome!....i think i'm tending towards that...just getting some things nickle plated.....will put up results!...i might need some tips on getting a little more bhp, once i've lowered and stiffened the suspension...bits on their way!!..just waiting for new wheels now..:)

one day i will have a VR4..until then i'm only dreaming!:D

:cool1:

ritch_w
14-11-2003, 02:29 PM
post some pics and opinions once youve got the mods done - there is a few of us with V6's hummimng and hawing about suspension - it would be good to find out some opinions of some one who has done it

cheers

sta
14-11-2003, 09:11 PM
thanks Ritch w! certainly will do!..be happy to offer suggestions and indeed receive any 'actual' advice on suspension and braking mods, if the demand and interest is there and we all got together i'm sure we could command some kind of discount on parts and put together some 'mod' and 'minor mod' packages, with contact details and part numbers required. My dealer already gives me 10% but i know a place in yorkshire that gives 15%..but longer waiting times. have also sourced non mitsu suspension parts at reasonable prices..but the real test will be when its all on the car. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so i have replaced everything that might be slightly 'worn' suspension wise, but have got all parts at the best price i could find. Galants are aging well, but looking at my 4 year old almost pristine underbody, I think they will last a long time if maintained. The front bumper strengthener was a bit rusty, but its a bolt on part.

will certainly keep you in touch, and take a few 'before, during and after' pics. And give a before and after report road report. The V6 is well worth 'sexing up' as its an excellently smooth engine, and i'd rather have a mitsu than some lesser Bravarian Motorized Wheeler! INSERT INTO post VALUES ( know what I mean! )
I'm in the throws of swopping the bits, having gathered together all new parts, rubber bushes galore!..and many parts to be nickel plated. So every drive now, I'm taking note of the worst and best roads, some slow speed and some fast.
I'm also fitting new dba gold drilled and grooved disks to the front INSERT INTO post VALUES (£168.41inc Silverfish 01622 831221) , and servicing each caliper with new 'rubbers' and caliper bolts from mitsu. The hub axles are being reconditioned INSERT INTO post VALUES (£10 each to hopefully cure the disc vibration at high speed braking). ss hoses will be soon be available for normal V6 galants 98- soon from Goodridge. 94-98 galant 2wd ss hoses are already available from Merlin Mailorder 01249 782101. I will post details when I start to fit the new parts, and confirm availability and who to contact.

gosh did i write all that!!!?

sta!