29-10-2006, 04:49 AM
a little over the top

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6899856475611282151&q=veyron

Nick VR4
29-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Ohhhh bet that made a mess of his leg

Alex
29-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Well I suppose that's one way of getting him to stop.......

Paul Beazer
29-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Excessive force? Naah!

Kenneth
29-10-2006, 11:50 PM
I once saw a American program about car chases that left me gob-smacked.

This dude was trying to outrun the police. at in excess of 140mph, the police cars were falling behind on the highway.
Then they said something like "and if it wasnt for constable ???? they would have got away! ???? in his corvette is able to keep up..." and then you see this car go past and chase the 'perp'

Next thing you see is the 'perp' doing silly things at 150mph such as passing on the grass verge and into the oncomming lane. still this dude is chasing him in his corvette and I am just waiting for it to end in smoke and flame.

Enentually the car crashes, but not badly and they catch the guy driving.

What really blew me away was the comment at the end...
"If it wasn't for responsible police officers such as ????, people like this would get away with driving like this and putting as all in danger"

While i dont condone that sort of driving, I cant help but feel that the police pushing someone who is obviously willing to go to any length to evade is just endangering everyone.

/rant

bernmc
30-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Top vid!

UK police forces need to adopt the same policies instead of their polite "Stop! In the Name Of The Law! Dammit Stop. PLease Stop' approach. :)

BraindG
30-10-2006, 01:29 PM
While i dont condone that sort of driving, I cant help but feel that the police pushing someone who is obviously willing to go to any length to evade is just endangering everyone.

/rant

yeah, they pull back in the UK if they feel like this. Then use choppers to keep an eye on the guy. Police chasing someone who wants to get away, will more often than not, cause that person to do very dangerous, and stupid things.

BraindG
30-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Top vid!

UK police forces need to adopt the same policies instead of their polite "Stop! In the Name Of The Law! Dammit Stop. PLease Stop' approach. :)
haha, lol yeah.. "oh, please... please stop sir, you have been very bad, and we must arrest you now, oh.. please stop.. if not for us.. for yourself!" "oh, and would you like a cup of tea once we are done?"

Pete M
03-11-2006, 04:37 AM
On the other hand, there have been a few cases here where the police chasing the person had accidents themselves, or the driver killed a member of the public. Now, they back off if there is danger to the public. Someone getting away is not worth the life of an innocent person.