PDA

View Full Version : Blitz DSBC Settings HELP!!!

lo-fasty
30-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Sorry not been on-line for a while. Is anybody else running a blitz DSBC? I've recently fitted one and think it's great but not sure what best to set the gain and the ratio settings to? Be nice to see what others have thiers set to. Mine is set to GAIN 20 and RATIO 60 /help JUst want to get the best out of it as I'm at the drag strip again sunday :2thumbsup

Nutter_John
30-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi dude

Can't remember who else had a blitz but Good to see your around still

lo-fasty
30-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Still having a play an trying to get MORE power /Grrr lol!! If she don't go faster may have to sell her and buy a big yank tank /Devil5

Spirit
30-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Is yours a manual or auto ?

Axeboy
30-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Blitz settings are a pain in the backside...

But once you get it right, its superb.

Have a search on other forums such as SXOC and see what settings they use... it will help in the setup.

Spirit
30-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I have my settings for mine, but for an Auto - when I set up Pola's (now Soapy's) car they were a little different as his was a manual.....hence the question

soapy1978
30-10-2006, 09:59 PM
i got the same as you but not got clue how to set it up so once you got yours up and running right let me know your setting and how to do it and i can then too have a great running car.

i have the same if this is your contralor but i got the s type not shore if you got s or r type

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9589/dsbc_manual.html

Spirit
30-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I can get my settings off mine if you need them

Soapy, is yours not all set up still from when Sean had it ?

soapy1978
30-10-2006, 10:16 PM
yes it set up but when i go on to full boost it keeps blimping at me and i think that means over boosting and not use it incase it does thing it not meant too

Spirit
30-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I set it up with 4 different settings Soapy......numbers 1, 2, 3, 4. These are changed using the left dial.

These varied from approx 0.8bar to 1.0bar. So for max power you could turn the dial to number 4 and knock it down if it was overboosting (in colder temps etc). It was also set up with a max boost level and automatically reduces the boost when it hits this......i.e. when it beeps at you !

Read the instructions mate and check the settings out. I do recall the gain and ratios where slightly different in that car to mine.

lo-fasty
30-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi thanks for the replies mine is a manual.

Spirit
30-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Ok, better for now if Soapy can get the readings off his - it will be a good starting point, but bear in mind every car is slightly different. It's a case of getting a good balance between gain and ratio so you don't peak too early etc.

Soapy......can you suss it out to give him the four different ratio settings. And the gain is just one setting for the whole range.

Lo-fasty - your gain/ratios sound a little wrong....do you hit a limiter set up, and at what ? Does it hit this limit a lot ?

lo-fasty
30-10-2006, 10:42 PM
It hits the limit at about 1 bar and can hit it quite alot yes under normal driving use. I have the unit switch of most of the time and only really want it for the quarter mile. Under full load from a standing start it does not hit the limiter

lo-fasty
30-10-2006, 10:43 PM
I think it is my gain that is mostly wrong

Spirit
30-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes, IIRC the gain and ratio both need to be altered slightly. It will help if Soapy can get the figures off his

lo-fasty
30-10-2006, 10:48 PM
I went for the blitz DSBC due to seeing how well Soapy's boost line looked on his chart at the last rolling road day. The performance out of his was fantastic

Spirit
30-10-2006, 10:51 PM
That was through a lot of hard work I put in with Pola when he owned it. It was a fun evening blasting up and down the motorway to get it right, good to hear she's still going strong.

soapy1978
30-10-2006, 11:41 PM
yes she is still going strong apart from the clutch slipping but that is getting done soon as poss and as for my setting i will have to read the paper work on the contarlir and see how to et the setting up and write them down for you

lo-fasty
31-10-2006, 12:16 AM
That would be great thanks. My clutch is slipping too :sad3: but my clutch slave cylinder is leaking so gonna change that in the next few days an hope this helps it, been meaning to change it since I got the car had new one in boot for months /pan

mpau009
31-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I havent used a blitz one before, but my Gizzmo IBC came with these instructions, pages 8 and 10 give a pretty good explanation of Gain and Duty Cycle (i think thats what yours means by Ratio)

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that the Duty Cycle (ratio of solenoid on time to 1 cycle) sets the max boost achievable level. Then the amount of gain you set determines how quickly boost will rise, at the expense of controlability, i know if i set a high gain, i get great acceleration, but if i leave it at full throttle, i spike past my set limit, and get fuel cut. On the other hand if its too low, then it takes longer to build, and stops exactly where its set.

I know the blitz ones are a lot more complicated than my setup and has a bunch more settings, but hopefully it helps as a start.

Axeboy
31-10-2006, 08:42 AM
That would be great thanks. My clutch is slipping too :sad3: but my clutch slave cylinder is leaking so gonna change that in the next few days an hope this helps it, been meaning to change it since I got the car had new one in boot for months /pan

The standard clutch cant cope with much more than standard power.

The next clutch would have to be a heavy duty number for both of you :5shots:

lo-fasty
31-10-2006, 08:51 PM
The standard clutch cant cope with much more than standard power.

The next clutch would have to be a heavy duty number for both of you :5shots:

Wish I had that sort of money to do that :sad3:

lo-fasty
31-10-2006, 11:48 PM
No setting for me yet? HELP!!!

Eurospec
01-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Gain and ratio do work together. as already posted, the gain basically controls how fast the boost comes on, and the ratio sets how much boost you get.

As also posted earlier, if you set the gain too high, the controller will overshoot the target.

I make the assumption you have a seperate boost gauge too.

I would:-

Set the warning to 1 bar.
Set the back off to 10 (%)

Set the gain to 10 and the ratio to say 30. These are guestimate settings, be careful with them. I base them on the fact this is a small turbo twin set up, hence the turbos spool up fast anyway. 30 should be low enough to be no where near 1 bar of boost.

Make a full throttle pass. See how much boost you get and how fast the boost comes in.

If you are happy with how the boost comes in, then leave the gain alone. If you want it to come in faster, increase it 2 points at a time untill you are happy with how fast the boost comes on, BUT you dont overshoot the boost you first observed.

When you are happy with how fast the boost comes in, then increase the ratio till you get the boost level you want.

I really would recomend you get some kind of scantool to check for Det if at all possible.

Cheers,

Ben.