PDA

View Full Version : Newbie info required

bigsed
04-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Hello good people of CVR4. I am looking to purchase a Legnum over the next few months, but have a couple of questions I cant seem to find a definitive answer to...

a) It seems that only the Type S has the AYC, which I really want, so what is the easiest way to tell if it is a Type S / AYC equipped?

b) There dont seem to be many about with the Leather trim, so if I cant find one with it, is it easy enough to get seats to fit the sub-frame?

c) (At the risk of starting WWIII!) What is the top spec / best model to go for?

Many thanks
Mike

p.s. Send my application off last week :happy:

Nick VR4
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 click on the resources tab loads of info there

Nick Mann
04-11-2006, 04:34 PM
a) AYC has lights on the dash under the rev-counter. Can't miss them, so you'll be in no doubt if the car has AYC or not.
b) Leather trim is easy to get if you want beige. See my thread in the for sale section as just one example. Later cars came with Recaro cloth seats as an option - at which point many other Recaro seats will fit the rails.
c) It depends on the point of view of the buyer. I personally would want Recaros, AYC, Moonroof, manual box. Currently I have none of those!! (Well, I have non- working AYC and a manual box on the garage floor!) Most of the equipment on the VR4 doesn't change - the engine is the same in them all, they are all 4-wheel drive etc. One point for upgrading brakes - facelift cars are able to have Evo brembos bolted straight on, whereas prefacelifts are not.

Good luck in your search, and be sure to read the buyers guide under the resources tab.

Paul Beazer
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Excellent another convertee!!

bradc
05-11-2006, 01:49 AM
My purple VR-4 is a facelift that has AYC, Moon roof, Manual box, and Recaro's, so it is the perfect VR-4 :)
My other VR-4 has AYC and an auto, but it has black leather which is quite rare on VR-4's. It is very comfortable but not as good as the recaro's around corners.

Virtually all prefacelift cars have AYC, but with a facelift car a good couple of hints if you don't have a clear dash pic showing the AYC thing:

If it is an auto look for a chrome gearbox shifter surround. If it is black then it is a type v.
If the dash has Italic letters on it, or not. Italic indicate the 'hi vis' dash option which lights up really nicely. *most* hi vis dash cars have AYC, but we know of a few that don't.
Wheel Arches on AYC cars, all facelift cars with AYC that I have seen have had wheel arches on them. My car has these if you want to see a pic, and so does Nick Mann's.

bigsed
05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the pointers chaps, much appreciated, I now know what I really want, and what I am willing to fore-go. :happy:

I was going to wait until the spring but may just get one sooner I think now. I saw one locally the other day but sadly it has sold. However the dealer seemed very helpful on the phone and said if I tell him what I want he can get it so I'm calling in on Monday for a chat.

Once again, cheers.

Wodjno
05-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the pointers chaps, much appreciated, I now know what I really want, and what I am willing to fore-go. :happy:

I was going to wait until the spring but may just get one sooner I think now. I saw one locally the other day but sadly it has sold. However the dealer seemed very helpful on the phone and said if I tell him what I want he can get it so I'm calling in on Monday for a chat.

Once again, cheers.

Don't forget to check out the Members cars For Sale on this Site. You will be sure of getting a car that you have some history on and also that they have been well serviced and looked after. You may well get a good car from a dealer, but i doubt you will get much history with the car and can assure you will pay a premium price /help

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20129

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18769

Alex
05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi Bigsed, sorry I can't help with any of your questions (I am but a lowly CVR4 widow), but just wanted to say /Welcome2 to the club :happy:

bigsed
07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi Bigsed, sorry I can't help with any of your questions (I am but a lowly CVR4 widow), but just wanted to say /Welcome2 to the club :happy:

Thanks! I'm sure there will be another widow joining the ranks soon too :2thumbsup

I'm keeping my eye on the FS section too :happy:

Alex
07-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks! I'm sure there will be another widow joining the ranks soon too :2thumbsup

That's great to hear. The more the merrier. In fact, check out the CVR4 widows pre-christmas meet happening later this month! All welcome.