PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something?

the_boy
14-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Or was Pickigar's advert just a figment of my imagination?

Did someone delete it???

I was getting concerened now that I'm in my 30th year that I was losing it but not to this extent :eek:

BraindG
14-11-2003, 04:06 PM
i didnt do it...
kieran mentioned its disapearance, but no idea...

the_boy
14-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Thought it must have been deleted by bigger brother for dissing the VR4 :nono:

Oh well, so long as I'm not going senile just yet :devil3:

enigma
14-11-2003, 05:18 PM
I think my final post suggesting that other people on the forum were educated as well may have had something to do with it.

I also suggested that he could not get any more positive advertising than a group of people questioning his motives for selling such a wonderful car, and that his rants about Dealers were misplaced.

The truth hurts I guess.

I am thinking that the burn the witch references from a certain GLS powered member may have been all too much as well! :D

Shame really as it seems like a nice car!

Rearrange these words

face his cutting nose off spite to his

Nick VR4
14-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Mmmmm scratches head :headsc:

On his profile it stated last post at 19-10-2003 08:09 PM
So looks like he deleted it :confused: :confused:

Spirit
14-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Can confirm it wasn't me either !

Kieran
14-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
...I am thinking that the burn the witch references from a certain GLS powered member may have been all too much as well! :D
Tum Ti Tum!!!:D:D:biglaugh:

Perhaps, but I posted after that and he replied with a reasonable post giving reasons why he was getting rid...

For those of you who didn't see it, this morning he'd posted a somewhat sour reply saying that we didn't know what we were on about, and that he'd got a degree in mechanical engineering, which apparently qualified him to say that the entire Mitsubishi dealer network didn't have a clue. There was some other generic ranting as well, but can't remember now.

I personally think he realised that a post like that this morning would probably bring the massed keyboards of doom from several members on here down upon him - probably better that the post went before it got personal, really.

Interesting that he's moving to a BMW.... with a attitude like the one he displayed this morning, it should suit him down to the ground!:D:D

enigma
14-11-2003, 08:24 PM
oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh handbags!

:nokiss:

Have to say I agree, in the cold light of morning I think the mistake was realised!

the_boy
14-11-2003, 09:29 PM
The posse opened up a can of whoop ass then and scared him off LOL...........

What's wrong with BMW's BTW? I quite like the 740i and 540i, scare the **** out of a lot of so called sports cars IMHO. I agree the attitude of most of them stinks but then I also think that about a lot of Golf drivers. Especially the GTIs and 4Motions.

Kieran
14-11-2003, 09:51 PM
:devil5:Hehehe! Just as we got ready to turn portside and bring all guns to bear, he buggers off!!!:D:D

I actually like the current shape INSERT INTO post VALUES (but pre-facelift) BMW 3 series. They do drive very well INSERT INTO post VALUES (even the 316i that was on fleet at our place) , and nothing quite fits you like a BMW driving position. Unfortunately, as you say, the attitude of the drivers is something else!

Your comments about VW Golfs are interesting... I was saying to Alex the other day INSERT INTO post VALUES (as some *£^&$£^% in a TDI tried it on) that they're attracting an unpleasant crowd these days...

the_boy
14-11-2003, 10:23 PM
That's cos the power of the TDI is getting better INSERT INTO post VALUES (especially under VW) and it breeds overconfidence and arrogance. The mid range power of these babies makes a lot of average drivers think they're better than they are.

They are probably the only cars on the roads at the moment that make my blood boil. I used to like VW INSERT INTO post VALUES (having owned a black Scirroco GTX a few years back) but I never behaved the way some of these drivers do now.

Think I should learn to relax whilst driving but the standard of driving seems to be dropping all the time :confused:

Brind
14-11-2003, 10:47 PM
I didn't delete anything either and I have an alibi :D I was at work, and couldn't be further from a computer if I tried. :Cry1:

But I can't see from what I had read up until lastnight that he had got the hump, but then I didn't see what was said this morning and anything about Witches is hardly an insult anyone here and even potential buyers couldn't be put off by such a comment as it actually paraised the VR-4..... in an odd way but.. :D

calum
14-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Don't think it's the first time he's deleted a thread. The bit in the ad about a 7k gearbox reminded me of an earlier thread, which I then searched for but couldn't find, but IIRC the 'box was done under warranty.

Don't admit that thousands weren't spent INSERT INTO post VALUES (stereo, wheels, headlight etc) but just not as many as the ad read at first.

Calum

pickigar
16-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Actually, the gearbox was done out of my own pocket, as it is illegal to sell a car with a known fault! It is illegal to sell any product with a fault that you are aware of and do not declare and who would buy a car with a duff gearbox? Especially as it costs £6557 for the gearbox and £351 for labour.

The reason I complained about dealers is beceause SGT in Taplow did not want to look at the car at all, even though they class themselves as a ralliart dealer, when I first phoned they did not believe a VR4 existed. Then after booking mine it at Oxford, they changed the gearbox. However I was phoned to say it was ready in the middle of a meeting whilst in London. I arranged to collect the car that evening, but when I arrived at the dealer it was not ready. So the saga continues... After another two days and some interesting conversations about courtesy cars I received the car back. It was vibrating like mad and making some very peculiar noises. I turned round and took the car straight back.

They had the car for another three days and told me nothing was wrong. Honestly, it sounded as though the car was firing on three cylinders!!!! So I took it away, only to find the gearbox slipping. So I took it back again. After they had Mitsubishi technical reps down they also told me nothing was wrong, although the car was undrivable. So I took it to a private mechanic for them to tell me it was a collapsed gearbox mount. Took the car back to Motorworld Oxford. They had the car for another two days to realign the gearbox. The car came back alot better, and it seems to have settled.

When I mentioned that the VR4 was too fragile, I was referring to my car and the lost confidence I have with it. They are great cars until they go wrong, and everybody seems to be scared of them. Money was not the issue in this case, I just wanted the car fixed and I was being turned away left right and centre. I would have loved to keep the car but would you with an experience like this???

Also I apologise for any insults, but I was only trying to sell the car, I did not need loads of posts arguing with this decision, it was a hard enough decision anyway.

I now do have a very fast BMW, which despite the attitude of most BMW drivers I am enjoying owning. INSERT INTO post VALUES (Most BMW owners with this attitude are lease car owners!). Also if you want to complain about VW drivers don't forget the Passatt TDi.

All in all it has been an eventful experience owning a VR4, one which I shall probably not repeat. However, an evo might be considered purely as a weekend car. But, I would not buy it from Magnum. Let's just say the warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. So it has cost in excess of eight thousand pounds of my own money to bring the VR4 up to standard and it is now a very good car. My Dad is considering buying it at the moment, as he has a standard V6-24 at the moment so would be a good upgrade.

I do not doubt other members of this website are educated, but when my knowledge of the car which I had only owned 2 months exceeded that of the Technical Expert from Mitsubishi UK I was a little concerned, telling me there was nothing wrong with the car. Inthe end I had a word with the technician that changed the gearbox and he fixed it for me - what a gent.

So, apologies for my hastiness, and bitterness but I am sure you can see why!!!

All the best

Gary

zedy1
16-11-2003, 01:00 AM
ive had some issues latley with mine engine screwed up at santapod INSERT INTO post VALUES (cus of powersteering belt and nearly happened to my second one) but all i could say $hit happens but still im very happy to keep it

calum
16-11-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by pickigar
Actually, the gearbox was done out of my own pocket...

Sorry if I got it wrong - just thought I remembered seeing something somewhere else about a g'box being done under warranty - maybe wasn't yours.

Calum

Spirit
16-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Gary

Can understand fully where you are coming from there mate and although it is sad to see a VR4 member lose faith in the car I guess some of us will over time.

Calum, my gearbox leak was fixed under warranty and the dealer had the car exactly 28 days ! I hate to imagine how much it would have cost had I paid for it :eek:

Japmetal
16-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Any car can be an absolute ****ter if the driver/owner doesnt look after it properly; That's not so say Pickigar didnt, but if some tw@t before him abused it constantly then anyone unlucky enough to own it next would probably feel the same way as this chap !!