PDA

View Full Version : Dynoflashing?

Mante
14-11-2003, 06:47 PM
I was wondering if any of you have heard of this term Dynoflashing there ECU's. Here in the states the evo 8 owners have become doing just this to achieve 30-50 whp. By the end of the month I will see first hand if its worth the money of admission.

For more info check out Dynoflashing.com (http://www.dynoflash.com/)

Nick VR4
14-11-2003, 07:31 PM
ok 2nd time trying of post this :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Haven't heard of this in the UK

But seems a bit odd to me espically on auto/tiptronic

I can see this consisting of this

1) disconnect battery
2) MAYBE add a piggy back ECU maybe not
3) put car on rolling road
4) rag the nuts off the car for an hour in tiptronic mode
5) haypresto your car feels faster

Mainly due to the fuzzylogic in the AT learning your driving

You drive normally and car learns so goes back to that mode of driving

I'm not sure what it would so an manual cars unless they do piggyback the ECU

Or have a missed something

Mante
14-11-2003, 08:47 PM
I have been on the phone with there reps as well as guys from the shop where the dyno flashing will take place so far it may be possible for the vr4 w/ manual trans. I see myself trying it just because they offer that money back guarantee, feels great to be the custom some times

From the site:
Our Stage Zero is a great starting point. You get your car straped down to our in ground AWD dyno-jet dyno for a full hour of custom dyno tuning. First, we begin with a few baseline runs to verify that everything is working perfectly on your car. We record these runs and measure your a/f INSERT INTO post VALUES (air fuel) ratio with our Bosch wideband o2 sensor - all the while waching for any signs of detonation with our Knock Link. All vital signs are monitored with out Matco scan tool. Then we start to tune your car - by re-flashing your factory ECU settings we are able to safely add a significant amount of power while adding in an extra margin of safety. We keep re-checking all the measurements after each dyno pull and re-flash your car again each time till we get the tune perfect. There is no limit to the number of re-flashes we can do to your ECU. All dyno time and materials are included in the Dyno Flash price. If you already have any aftermarket modifications such as exhuast, intake, boost controller, etc. etc. this all is taken into consideration. Your tune will be customized to YOUR car and what ever mods you have. When its all done you will recieve your before and after dyno sheets with a/f ratio print out. What has been done to your car is confidential and we won't tell anyone how much power you are making or share your results unless you tell us to. Typical power gains are 20 - 25 HP and Ft Lbs at the wheels. Every car makes its own level of HP as they are all slightly unique - thats why we tune each one on the dyno to get a perfect tune - everytime!

Pre-dyno visual inspection of car for proper function
Scan OBDII port to verify car is fully functional
Dyno test baseline with a/f ratio print out
Re-flash factory ECU with dyno verified custom tune - 20 - 25 more HP to the wheels
Increase factory rev limit to 7900 rpms; elimiate top speed cut and eliminate MAF fuel cut
Client gets before and after dyno print outs with a/f ratio
FREE reflashes back to stock if you ever need to go back - no questions asked !

$595.00