PDA

View Full Version : Brake and suspension mods to V6 2wd 98- model

sta
14-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Am 'making over' the existing calipers INSERT INTO post VALUES ( putting on ss brake hoses and cleaning them up, and replacing caliper rubbers and bolts, plus new front drilled and grooved dbs gold disks....

lowering suspension and renewing all shockers with adjustables........

watch this space...:cool1:

will post pics as i go.....

sta:cool1:

sta
14-11-2003, 09:44 PM
I will be happy to offer suggestions and indeed receive any advice based on experience on suspension and braking mods, if the demand and interest is there and we all got together i'm sure we could command some kind of discount on parts and put together some 'mod' and 'minor mod' packages, with contact details and part numbers required. My dealer already gives me 10% but i know a place in yorkshire that gives 15%..but longer waiting times. have also sourced non mitsu suspension parts at reasonable prices..but the real test will be when its all on the car. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so i have replaced everything that might be slightly 'worn' suspension wise, but have got all parts at the best price i could find. Galants are aging well, but looking at my 4 year old almost pristine underbody, I think they will last a long time if maintained. The front bumper strengthener was a bit rusty, but its a bolt on part.

dmac expressed an interest so i brought my reply forward onto the mods front page.....

.....will certainly keep you in touch, and take a few 'before, during and after' pics. And give a before and after report road report. The V6 is well worth 'sexing up' as its an excellently smooth engine, and i'd rather have a mitsu than some lesser Bravarian Motorized Wheeler! INSERT INTO post VALUES ( know what I mean! )
I'm in the throws of swopping the bits, having gathered together all new parts, rubber bushes galore!..and many parts to be nickel plated. So every drive now, I'm taking note of the worst and best roads, some slow speed and some fast.
I'm also fitting new dba gold drilled and grooved disks to the front INSERT INTO post VALUES (£168.41inc Silverfish 01622 831221) , and servicing each caliper with new 'rubbers' and caliper bolts from mitsu. The hub axles are being reconditioned INSERT INTO post VALUES (£10 each to hopefully cure the disc vibration at high speed braking). ss hoses will be soon be available for normal V6 galants 98- soon from Goodridge. 94-98 galant 2wd ss hoses are already available from Merlin Mailorder 01249 782101. I will post details when I start to fit the new parts, and confirm availability and who to contact.

gosh did i write all that!!!?

sta!

ritch_w
14-11-2003, 10:39 PM
what suspension bits have you managed source - can you give details and costs please?