PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer

bigsed
08-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Another newbie question for you: Does the VR4 have a turbo timer as standard?
Went to look @ a fresh import today (sadly already sold), looked completely standard but did have turbo timer.

BraindG
08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Nope, its not standard issue, so whom evers it was plugged it in.

bigsed
08-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Nope, its not standard issue, so whom evers it was plugged it in.

Ok thanks. It would probably be worth doing though I would think, are many of you running TT's??

BraindG
08-11-2006, 04:09 PM
ive got one... but its been unplugged for years.. thing does my head in!

I just drive gentle the last mile, dropping it out of gear from time to time to help cool it all down, and coast into my drive, or other location.

Nick Mann
08-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I run one. It's a personal preference thing. Mine only runs for 30s and I still try and drive sensibly for the last mile. Theoretically, if you drive the car gently for the last few minutes, there is no real need for a turbo timer.

jaimz
08-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Mine's hooked in with the alarm - goes for a minute, but can be manually switched off before then with the remote (snazzy party trick!). Really good system.
I've heard that newer engines don't need them so much any more... but I reckon it's not worth the risk :2thumbsup

dickytim
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I run mine, I find it quite useful as I am pretty much starting the car and letting it run for 10 min once a weeks, so I go into the garage turn it on set the turbo time them go back into the house :)

As stated above it is a personal preference thing tho, I have used mine since I found it up under the dash.