PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hi

Throbbe
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm currently running a very modified 19 year old VW Scirocco (15.2 Quarter before the remap and best in class at GTI International), but having to grow up a bit due to offspring and pressure from Mrs Throbbe.

As long as I can sell the Scirocco for a reasonable price (anyone having a mid-life crisis here?), then I'm looking at a Legnum. I've already fallen in love with Kato's on the basis of one pic! However, not only am I going to try to be sensible, I've got to shift the Roc first.

Joined up to learn a bit more about the cars, and just as importantly the people that drive them. Being part of the VW scene has been pretty good fun and I don't want to leave all that behind.

Axeboy
09-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Welcome m8

Im sure you'll have a fine time here :)

BraindG
09-11-2006, 11:08 AM
/Wyhy /Welcome

Firstly Katos is lovely! everytime i see that i get a little bit of dribble appear at the side of my mouth! fantastic colour.

Secondly CVR4 is one of the friendliest, funniest and of course the best thread hijacking family around!

Would be nice to see another addition to the VR4 family! :2thumbsup Youll find more that enough information on the forums, if you cannot find it easily using search, im sure we can repsond to any questions raised!

richy rich
09-11-2006, 11:13 AM
/Wyhy /Welcome
Secondly CVR4 is one of the friendliest, funniest and of course the best thread hijacking family around!
Can't argue with that one:2thumbsup
Welcome to the club mate....... hope you enjoy being in our little family./Welcome2 /Welcome /Welcome

Lilly

Oops logged in a Richy/pan

Spirit
09-11-2006, 11:24 AM
/Wyhy /Welcome

Firstly Katos is lovely! everytime i see that i get a little bit of dribble appear at the side of my mouth! fantastic colour.

Would be nice to see another addition to the VR4 family! :2thumbsup Youll find more that enough information on the forums, if you cannot find it easily using search, im sure we can repsond to any questions raised!

Exactly as the man says, welcome to CVR4 mate :2thumbsup

Nick VR4
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
/Welcome2 to the forum good luck :2thumbsup

Nick Mann
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
The resources tab is your friend at the moment, I guess, shortly to be followed by the search button.

We will always try and answer questions if we can, especially face-to face. Where abouts are you? Could you make any of the mini-meets that are being planned this year? That would be a good way of learning about the cars and the people.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Alex
09-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi, and welcome to CVR4. As has been said, we are a really friendly bunch and are always pleased to see new faces (as it were). We also love for wives and girlfiends to get involved - we all have a real blast :2thumbsup

Throbbe
10-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome all. I'm trying not to learn too much about them, as I know I'll get bitten by the modding bug! The Scirocco was expensive enough. :inquisiti

If anyone is interested in 80's coupes (especially buying one!), there are some details in my project diary (http://www.no-rice.com/forum/index.php?p=vt&tid=9306)

Oh, and in case anyone is offended by the forum name ...

Let me get this straight from the start. No-Rice doesn't hate 'rice' in it's true form - there's nothing wrong with Jap. The problem is with souped / maxxed / chavved up cars. People who 'rice' up their Mum's Corsa, or Grandad's pass-me-down Rover.

No-Ricer's seek a little more class and refinement. Reliability and mechanical engineering over all out power or looks.

AncientOfMu
14-11-2006, 02:22 AM
I live in Royston if you are interested to come look at a VR4 :D

But be careful you WILL get bitten by the bug.

Oh and /Welcome2

Throbbe
14-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Cheers for the offer. I'm only in Huntingdon, so not that far away. I'll be in touch once I've sold the Rocco.