PDA

View Full Version : Help! I've Crashed...

HowieP
12-11-2006, 06:38 PM
...MY car, into THE tractor in THE shed at HOME. Please take mickey gently, I have already awarded myself a very special title, ****** Of The Year 2006. Has anyone ever done anything so crap?

This is unfortunately completely true, I was going to fit a nice set of Mintex pads but did this instead.

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, a pre-facelift front bumper assembly complete with lower grille, an intercooler (some stronger glasses and a driving lesson...).

Seriously, I need to recover this situation as quickly as possible as the Legnum is the only car I can drive comfortably with a recurrent back problem. Suggestions as to aftermarket coolers that will bolt straight in would be most welcome as I expect the dealer will charge a higher price if I can't locate a used one.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Kieran
12-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Can't help on the bumper, but I have a standard intercooler and the pipework including the flexis.

Yours for a few beer tokens to cover the postage as it's an emergency and I can be doing without storing them.:2thumbsup

HowieP
12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Kieran, that is really great, at least I can drive it with a cracked bumper as this will certainly take some time to get painted etc. I will PM my address to you and cover any costs +.

Cheers HP

bradc
12-11-2006, 07:01 PM
how fast did you drive into it to need a new bumper and intercooler?

HowieP
12-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Brad,

I went to move the car a further couple of metres and ...tried to brake with the one on the right...I quite literally rammed a front loader bucket edge-on. It wasn't that fast but the car over-ran the bucket's angled side which split the bumper and sliced the bottom chamber of the cooler. QED. Had the tractor not been in the way I would have hit my other car and really done the job properly...

Kieran
12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
OKay Howard - Intercooler and pipework is packaged. Just booking online with parcelforce and I'll reply to your PM in a bit.:scholar:

mpau009
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I would mock you, but a couple of years back my dad caught the big lawn mower attachment on the tractor... and ripped the front wall of our (rented) shed off its foundations... I laughed so hard for so long i thought i was going to suffocate:happy:

But its really not so funny when VR4s are involved, best of luck getting it sorted.
And i think there was a good discussion on intercoolers ideal size and design a few months back, maybe in the NZ section? have a search and it should hopefully help you out.

BraindG
13-11-2006, 04:15 PM
you could try Mo at Galant Spares for the bumper!

http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=galantspares?1

pitslayer
13-11-2006, 05:08 PM
ive almost done exactly the same, but i was in my old vw at the time, and its just that low the front went under the scoop, and i stopped and just missed it.
sorry cant help with any bits thow, hope you get it sorted thow

Kieran
13-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Just incase you miss the PM Howie, Intercooler and pipework is now in the hands of Parcelforce and it on the way.:afro:

BraindG
13-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Just incase you miss the PM Howie, Intercooler and pipework is now in the hands of Parcelforce and it on the way.:afro:
:2thumbsup wtg K

HJM
13-11-2006, 11:40 PM
:2thumbsup wtg K

too right - nice one Kieran :iloveyou:

J :)

Xeroid
16-11-2006, 10:02 AM
My best is dropping a plastic canoe on my one week old new car ( Subie Grand Wagon ). Fell out of it's cradle in the garage roof and dinged the left front mudguard DOH !!
Teach me to tie better knots in poly prop rope in future.
Minor by comparison but you want to kick yourself when it happens.
Good luck getting it all sorted.