PDA

View Full Version : RT5 - Easter 2007

HJM
13-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Not being able to wait until February when the main opening times are published, we have just had to book for RT5 at Easter :evilgrin:

We are staying 6 nights to make it a bit more of a break and the Ring will be open from 11am Friday, all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday and probably Tuesday evening so we are going to include a bit of sightseeing in between (maybe even a return visit to the toboggan run /help )

For anyone interested, we have booked the Pit Lane again – website HERE (http://www.haus-pitlane.de/) – and they have space at the moment. Double or twin rooms are 80 Euros per night.

Note that Easter is very busy and a lot of the hotels in Nurburg and Adenau are already fully booked.

Our travel times are:-

Depart Dover at 08.15 Thursday 5th April 2007
Return Calais at 17.00 Wednesday 11th April 2007

SEAFRANCE (http://www.seafrance.com)

Currently £70 return for a car and up to five people.

We are also booked in to the Dover East Premier Travel Inn on Wednesday 4th April.

Anyone else fancy a few fun days in Germany :party3:

J :2thumbsup

Confirmed

HJM's
Simon and family
Jimbo
Derek & Maggie
Paul
Timiano and friends

SGHOM
13-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Please edit ASAP to include Maggie & myself !
:2thumbsup

bradc
13-11-2006, 07:55 PM
hmmmm.....could I enlist someone over there to make all the bookings for me? I'm just thinking about it at this stage. I would like to go over to the UK to meet you all at some point, and I've always wanted to go to the 'ring. I'll let you know soon :)

I'll find a few travel places to talk to today, if I leave NZ on the 2nd or something, then leave again on the 15th or something that should give me a few days to go to another friends place in Perth, Scotland after the ring as well.

HJM
13-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Please edit ASAP to include Maggie & myself !
:2thumbsup

'tis done :thumbsup:

J

HJM
13-11-2006, 08:02 PM
hmmmm.....could I enlist someone over there to make all the bookings for me? I'm just thinking about it at this stage. I would like to go over to the UK to meet you all at some point, and I've always wanted to go to the 'ring. I'll let you know soon :)

I'll find a few travel places to talk to today, if I leave NZ on the 2nd or something, then leave again on the 15th or something that should give me a few days to go to another friends place in Perth, Scotland after the ring as well.

Wow, that would be some trip Brad /yes

Let us know if you are serious and I am sure we can sort something out :2thumbsup

J

BraindG
13-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Chrissy and me! i should be starting new Job soon!

bradc
13-11-2006, 08:07 PM
I am fairly serious, as I said I will check things out today and see how much the airfares will cost, last time I checked they were about NZ$2200 or so for a return trip, I figure about 700 euros will be enough money for accomodation, food and stuff, or will it need to be more than that do you think?

HJM
13-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Chrissy and me! i should be starting new Job soon!

Nice one Barry - especially on the job front :2thumbsup

J :)

K9NG
13-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Paul & Soraya would like to confirm :2thumbsup

HJM
13-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Paul & Soraya would like to confirm :2thumbsup

Hey - good news guys :2thumbsup

Wouter
13-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Wouter and Carmel will most likely be there!

SGHOM
13-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Ferry booked :2thumbsup :iloveyou:

BraindG
14-11-2006, 12:28 PM
I am fairly serious, as I said I will check things out today and see how much the airfares will cost, last time I checked they were about NZ$2200 or so for a return trip, I figure about 700 euros will be enough money for accomodation, food and stuff, or will it need to be more than that do you think?
This would be totally awesome if you came across mate. i am 100% sure you can get beds from other members, there is deffo space at my house in manchester, your welcome to a bed here..

bradc
14-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Cool :) The organisation side of things is something I wouldn't be very good at, I've never done anything like this before, but I know how to book airfares :)

Money wise I will be fine, I've got a price for airfares and they aren't that bad, assuming I come across at the start of April, what do I actually do once I land in heathrow? Ask the person at the desk for my mate Barry? ;)

BraindG
14-11-2006, 07:51 PM
what do I actually do once I land in heathrow? Ask the person at the desk for my mate Barry? ;)
haha, yeah..,. we all know each other over here /haz

seriously though, it depends really.. think its best you start a new thread... then we can find ppl that might be willing to put up with you at their house, and take it from there!?

Wouter
14-11-2006, 07:52 PM
If you make it to Manchester we can go and have a beer or 12 :evilgrin:

chris g
14-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I've booked already into Motorsport and so have a few other usual suspects from Weissen Handschuhe Racing - ferry also booked £48 with Norfolk Line for Thursday AM crossing

I'll be in another 'family hatchback'

Staying until Tuesday

See you over there...

Chris

HJM
14-11-2006, 10:44 PM
I've booked already into Motorsport and so have a few other usual suspects from Weissen Handschuhe Racing - ferry also booked £48 with Norfolk Line for Thursday AM crossing

I'll be in another 'family hatchback'

Staying until Tuesday

See you over there...

Chris

Yep, see you there Chris :2thumbsup

I saw the Norfolkline deal but the crossing is too long for us lousy sailors /help

Jane

chris g
15-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Well I am not a good sailor but getting further up the coast to Dunkirk is preferable to Calais so will be dosing myself with medication and hoping for a smooth sea

Re 'family hatchback' - Mazda 323 GTR has gone to a new home but another newer 'family hatchback' has taken its place but I still wear my first edition vr-4 t-shirts with pride and dream of driving a v6 again

Keep looking at various models of GVR4........

....see you for food and drink on the Thursday

Chris

zentac
15-11-2006, 12:55 PM
The FTO OC is off over at the same time.

HJM
15-11-2006, 01:14 PM
The FTO OC is off over at the same time.

TBH, most of Europe will be there at Easter /help

chris g
15-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Well lets tell some of the buggers to stay away

Tell them Heath gets unwell if it gets too crowded

or

Jimbo cannot have 'a moment' with a big crowd around the place

Tell them anything just to stay away!

And that FTOC lot can bugger off as well!!

chris g
15-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh and make sure that anyone who wants to clean/polish a lot should stay at home that w/e also!

HJM
15-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Well lets tell some of the buggers to stay away

Tell them Heath gets unwell if it gets too crowded

or

Jimbo cannot have 'a moment' with a big crowd around the place

Tell them anything just to stay away!

And that FTOC lot can bugger off as well!!

/haz

We could always tell them that cantankerous old git chris g will be there, that should stop some of 'em :iloveyou:

chris g
15-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Who are you calling old?!!!

chris g
15-11-2006, 06:08 PM
And as you have all been saying that it has got too crowded there whilst I was away in NZ, I thought you would want someone to tell all these 'johnny come latelys' to stay away?!

Kieran
15-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Hmmm... I must visit the Merrygoround some day and see what all the fuss is about...

HJM
15-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Here we go /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag

H

chris g
15-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes its here we go, here we go, here we go!

Lots of making merry and going round and round

Most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Roll on Easter 2007!

Chris

ps

And I cannot believe that I have passed 500 posts during this 'conversation'
Shows what you get up to when you are obsessed
Thank goodness I am not so sad as to do thousands of posts
OMG I think I have done that on various forums about The Green Hell
Pas me another Weissbier, quick!

HJM
15-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Roll on Easter 2007!

Amen to that :2thumbsup

J

SGHOM
04-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Thats Rhianne sorted !! :2thumbsup
her & boyfreind will be making the trip also :afro:

timiano
08-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Just spotted this,

Didn't realise RT meant a trip to Nurburg. Does it mean Ring Trip/Tour???

Anyway, I'm already planning on going before I spotted this,...at exactly the same time. I'm convoying with a mate on the 5th April PM, getting ferry over on the early bird to Dunkerque on 6th (2am). Staying over 6th, 7th, 8th and heading back on the 9th.

You can add me on the list of people coming, but unfortunately will be staying elsewhere. It'd be great to meet up. Hopefully there's gonna be about 5-6 of us making the trip over in 2 cars (leggy vr-4 and evo 6.5 tomi mak).

Can't wait!

HJM
08-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Just spotted this,

Didn't realise RT meant a trip to Nurburg. Does it mean Ring Trip/Tour???

Anyway, I'm already planning on going before I spotted this,...at exactly the same time. I'm convoying with a mate on the 5th April PM, getting ferry over on the early bird to Dunkerque on 6th (2am). Staying over 6th, 7th, 8th and heading back on the 9th.

You can add me on the list of people coming, but unfortunately will be staying elsewhere. It'd be great to meet up. Hopefully there's gonna be about 5-6 of us making the trip over in 2 cars (leggy vr-4 and evo 6.5 tomi mak).

Can't wait!

Hi Tim

Yeah, sorry the RT stands for Ring Trip - obvious only to those in the know I guess!! I have added you to the list.

Where are you staying? I am sure you will meet up with the guys in the paddock, although I myself spend very little time there, preferring to walk and take the odd pic!! I can occasionally be found in a bar in Nurburg though :2thumbsup

It's gonna be a long winter, I feel /help

NevGroom
08-12-2006, 09:32 AM
It is likely I will be coming too (Thursday through Monday)

HJM
08-12-2006, 09:44 AM
It is likely I will be coming too (Thursday through Monday)

Nice one Nev :2thumbsup

timiano
08-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Tim

Yeah, sorry the RT stands for Ring Trip - obvious only to those in the know I guess!! I have added you to the list.

Where are you staying? I am sure you will meet up with the guys in the paddock, although I myself spend very little time there, preferring to walk and take the odd pic!! I can occasionally be found in a bar in Nurburg though :2thumbsup

It's gonna be a long winter, I feel /help

Wonderful, a fellow tog! I'll be bringing and trying out my new 70-200L 2.8 in anger. Might go for the 1.4x before too.

Should be staying at the Ringhaus with Frank, I'm organising it all this weekend. We stayed there last year when I hired a 911 Carrera S from Avis in Bonn....it was very :2thumbsup Should be a bit slower this time in the leggie, but all very good fun.

I'm usually a bit ale-mad too, but I find the German stuff gives me horrendous guts (who needs octane booster :happy: ) :5shots:

It is indeed going to be a long winter! (well the 2 weeks in India might soften the blow :))

HJM
09-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Wonderful, a fellow tog! I'll be bringing and trying out my new 70-200L 2.8 in anger. Might go for the 1.4x before too.

Should be staying at the Ringhaus with Frank, I'm organising it all this weekend. We stayed there last year when I hired a 911 Carrera S from Avis in Bonn....it was very :2thumbsup Should be a bit slower this time in the leggie, but all very good fun.

Mm, I'm not so much a 'photographer', more someone who has a great camera but I enjoy taking pics of cars on track, especially if I know who's driving 'em :2thumbsup

It will be my first time at the Ring with my 100-400 lens and whilst I am looking forward to it, I'm not looking forward to lugging it around /help

Yes, I would imagine the leggie will be a tad slower, but they don't do bad for an old barge - look forward to seeing you out there :happy:

J

Jimbo
10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Mm, I'm not so much a 'photographer'

You could have fooled me :2thumbsup

SGHOM
11-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Thats Rhianne sorted !! :2thumbsup
her & boyfreind will be making the trip also :afro:

thats Rhianne sorted !! :2thumbsup

but not her boyfriend. :speechles :speechles
he was 'spotted' doing 140 mph down dronfield bypass, but not caught. so the idiot carried on elsewhere doing 104 mph.... & was 'spotted' !! [ caught ]
also just one point under the drink drive limit :5shots: :5shots:
at 21 yrs old....... I think a heafty fine & ban, & retest is looming !! /pan /pan

bradc
11-12-2006, 12:34 AM
I am so there! How old is Rhianne again?

Lillywotsername
11-12-2006, 08:34 AM

he was 'spotted' doing 140 mph down dronfield bypass, but not caught. so the idiot carried on elsewhere doing 104 mph.... & was 'spotted' !! [ caught ]
at 21 yrs old....... I think a heafty fine & ban, & retest is looming !! /pan /pan
What a numpty.... Sorry D but no sympathy coming from here. He is lucky not to have killed himself or worse ..... Someone innocent/Grrr /pan /pan

/rant over

HJM
11-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Well, I'm glad he's not coming then tbh!!

BTW, anyone who hasn't yet booked the ferry - it's now only £60 for our crossing :inquisiti

SGHOM
11-12-2006, 11:31 PM
blonde moment coming on ................... :speechles

did i book the hotel in dover ?? :thinking: :thinking: cant remember ? /help

HJM
13-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Less than three months to go, can't wait to get back there :2thumbsup

Has everyone who is coming booked now??

bigsed
14-01-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm not 100% i'll have the new car by then, but hopefully I'll make the next one. Have fun

Spirit
14-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm not 100% i'll have the new car by then, but hopefully I'll make the next one. Have fun

There's also one at the end of May :2thumbsup

Simon
25-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Back to the top.........

Who is actually going? Just thought id update the list....

1. VR4 - HJM's
2. Pulsar - Paul
3. Pathfinder - Simon
4. Skyline - Simon's Brother
5. legnum - SGHOM + maggie

:pimp2:

HJM
30-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Back to the top.........

Who is actually going? Just thought id update the list....

1. VR4 - HJM's
2. Pulsar - Paul
3. Pathfinder - Simon

:pimp2:

I think you can fairly safely add Jimbo to that list ................... anyone else :inquisiti

Simon
30-01-2007, 06:09 PM
updated list....

1. NumbBum - HJM's
2. Pulsar - Paul
3. Pathfinder - Simon
6. Galant - Jimbo

chris g
30-01-2007, 08:07 PM
And I should see you there but still not in a VR-4......

...sorry about that but if job situation improves at in Feb will be looking to get back into VR-4 ownership....

...Brunty's still for sale.......?

So no other attendees at Easter.....?

.......Pete?

Spirit
30-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Myself, Andy and Wayne (bro) are going at the end of May, Chris. Doing the Sunday and Monday before Spa (MLR) and of course joining the MLR on the Tuesday......think Jimbo hopes to be at Spa too.....and maybe a couple others like Nutter John will come too. Could not make the Easter trip as Shaz and Debz (Andy's wife) have to work.

You doing Spa ?

There's a thread going.......RT6 !

SGHOM
06-03-2007, 12:50 PM
SH!T....

3 hotels phoned..... all full !! /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

HJM
06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
SH!T....

Well, without wanting to say I told you so, I did say in the first post that they would be busy /pan /pan /pan /pan

Who have you tried?

Jimbo
06-03-2007, 01:11 PM
SH!T....

Oh bugger. I have a list of hotels somewhere, but try these as well:

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.html

Jimbo
06-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Stay here, stay here, stay here: "Hotel An Der Nordschleife" - you can use the Nordschleife to commute to and from Nurburg!!!

HJM
06-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Stay here, stay here, stay here: "Hotel An Der Nordschleife" - you can use the Nordschleife to commute to and from Nurburg!!!

You'll be lucky - I tried there for us in November and he was already full :inquisiti

Gotta be worth a call in case of a cancellation though :2thumbsup

HJM
06-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Loads more ideas HERE (http://s8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index.php?showtopic=244) :2thumbsup

Good luck :)

J

SGHOM
06-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, without wanting to say I told you so, I did say in the first post that they would be busy /pan /pan /pan /pan

Who have you tried?

just call me mr last minute !! /pan /pan /pan
I'll find one somewhere in germany/europe :inquisiti :inquisiti

chris g
06-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Can confirm that I will be there at Easter and prob quite a few other times April through to end Jun at least - my work situation should see me working across the Channel - in Germany near Dusseldorf - so relatively easy commute to a few euro tracks inc the Ring and Spa - perhaps HockenheimRing and SalzburgRing

Yes I know its a dirty job, a great burden to work so close to the Tarmac Heaven, but some one has to do it!!!

Hope to make it to Spa for MLR event and if I meet up with RichW from MLR, may pay a visit to Hockenheim for a sprint event that I believe Alex, a german TME Evo owner, is competing

Looking fwd to quite a few laps in 2007 - now where is the money for the JahresKarte?

Anyone else going for the JahresKarte?

Jimbo
06-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes I know its a dirty job, a great burden to work so close to the Tarmac Heaven, but some one has to do it!!!

You jammy, jammy, jammy, jammy....etc, etc.

No, not yet - I can't really warrant the cost of a Jahreskarte myself as I'd need to do at least three (possibly even four) trips with the number of laps I do to make it worthwhile. I've only done 84 laps in 4 trips so far - probably averaging about 6 or 7 laps a day only so as not to stretch the car too much....but it's amazing how quickly the days go!

chris g
06-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Just do MORE laps every day and every visit

You NEED to with a new car - new characteristics - power/handling

You know it makes sense !

And congrats on a nice car - EXTRA LAPS NEEDED also because it's a manual - I assume!

Jimbo
06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
EXTRA LAPS NEEDED also because it's a manual - I assume!

Absolutely!!

The Ring is the only place where I know I can enjoy a lap regardless of whether I'm trying to do a 9m BtG (not that I time myself anyway - 3 or 4 of those 84 have been, but for curiosity more than anything) or whether I'm just stretching a car's legs on a fun country drive.

I will almost certainly do a lot more laps this time, and I'm certainly not planning on pushing the car too hard - hopefully I'll keep the enthusiasm in check and not get cocky!

Looking forward to catching up with you again Chris, not long now. Are you keeping the "family hatch" for the forseable or is there a VR rumbling onto your drive some time soon?

HJM
06-03-2007, 06:53 PM

Sadly, we won't be going often enough this year to warrant one.

Sounds like you have a nice assignment there Chris - very nice indeed!!

See you in the Motorsport at Easter :)

J

chris g
06-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Family hatchback will be vehicle of choice unless something drastic happens..

..and it still might have to go as I have not been getting enough shifts to be certain of keeping it!

If that happens then trusty MR2 will re-appear

But with job in Germany I may be able to rent the odd interesting car to try out on a piece of tarmac that I know

Spirit
06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Good luck in sorting a hotel out Derek.

Chris.....will be good to see you at Spa if you make it (and the Ring before of course)

Bet you lucky peeps are getting a little excited now.......not long to go :pimp2:

Simon
06-03-2007, 11:08 PM
UPDATE

1. HJM's - VR4
2. Paul - Pulsar
3. Simon + Family - Pathfinder
4. Simon's Brother - Simons Skyline
5. Derek + maggie [fingers crossed]
6. Jimbo - Skyline R33
7. My Brothers friend! - FTO (my brothers car!)!!!!!!!!!!!!

:speechles /pan /rally
any more for any more....................

HJM
06-03-2007, 11:39 PM
LOL, so you are driving the Pathfinder and your brother is driving your car and your brothers mate is driving your brothers car :inquisiti

Confused? You should be /lol

Jimbo
06-03-2007, 11:46 PM
LOL, so you are driving the Pathfinder and your brother is driving your car and your brothers mate is driving your brothers car :inquisiti

Confused? You should be /lol

So....who's driving Simon's brother's mate's car?

LOL - like your avatar Simon, did George draw that? /lol

HJM
06-03-2007, 11:58 PM
So....who's driving Simon's brother's mate's car?

Oh, I hadn't thought of that :inquisiti

Maybe, Paul could drive it and you could drive Pauls and Heath could drive yours and I could .................... oh no, that wouldn't work, 'cos I'd have to drive /JawDroppi

Give me a couple of hours and I'll rustle up a spreadsheet for it and get back to you :D

J

chris g
07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Wegberg where I will be working is 135km and 95 mins from Nurburg so should be there around Thursday midday/early afternoon - depends if I am working to 1330 that day

Are you all arriving Thursday?

HJM
07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Are you all arriving Thursday?

Yep - and staying still Wednesday morning.

J

SGHOM
07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Yep - and staying still Wednesday morning.

J

but not in my hotel you aint !! :thinking: :thinking: :p :p

www.ringhaus.com

HJM
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
but not in my hotel you aint !! :thinking: :thinking: :p :p

Good - that means I won't be woken up by you blundering in late after I've gone to bed :inquisiti

Seriously though, great news that you managed to find somewhere in Nurburg, I was worried you might have to go further afield :2thumbsup

chris g
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM
So people doing laps on the Thursday that you arrive?

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 12:25 AM
www.ringhaus.com

Thank fook for that :) :) :)

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 12:27 AM
So people doing laps on the Thursday that you arrive?

If it's open the evening...I'm embarressed to admit I can't even remember what the calendar said about that! Be rude not do a lap en-route to the hotel...

HJM
08-03-2007, 12:32 AM
If it's open the evening...I'm embarressed to admit I can't even remember what the calendar said about that!

:speechles /pan

J

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 12:34 AM
:speechles /pan

J

Or should I say, I'm embarressed to admit that I can't remember what Jane painstakingly researched then memo'd me about that.....

HJM
08-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Or should I say, I'm embarressed to admit that I can't remember what Jane painstakingly researched then memo'd me about that.....

LOL - don't worry, I will remind you when we get there :D

J

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 12:42 AM
LOL - don't worry, I will remind you when we get there :D

J

Get where? When? What? Who are you?

HJM
08-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Get where? When? What? Who are you?

/haz - nearly spat my wine over my laptop - and it wasn't because of your last post /lol

J

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 12:49 AM
/haz - nearly spat my wine over my laptop - and it wasn't because of your last post /lol

J

All I need now is a flat cap.

HJM
08-03-2007, 12:58 AM

/lol And a walking stick :D

K9NG
08-03-2007, 08:15 AM

And to top it off, some reversing sensors /haz

HJM
08-03-2007, 08:45 AM
That's a very interesting avatar Jimbo, or should I say Grandpa /pan

H

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 12:48 PM
You'll have to speak up a bit young man, I can't quite hear you.

White Lightning
08-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Heath said

That's a very interesting avatar Jimbo, or should I say Grandpa

/haz

You worked out what the arcade game is then ...

Lillywotsername
08-03-2007, 02:40 PM
/haz - nearly spat my wine over my laptop J
Excuse me young lady..... But what happened to the " I HAVE to have a dry week...??"

See I told you you couldn't do it.../haz

HJM
08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Excuse me young lady..... But what happened to the " I HAVE to have a dry week...??"

See I told you you couldn't do it.../haz

Ooops, rumbled :embarasse

Well, I lasted until Wednesday night /drinkswine

Lillywotsername
08-03-2007, 02:48 PM

Fair play Jane... You done good. /drinkswine

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Heath said

That's a very interesting avatar Jimbo, or should I say Grandpa

/haz

You worked out what the arcade game is then ...

PMSL!

Yeah, I guess I must be the ONLY Skyline owner in the world to have a parking sensor fitted. /lol

Nervous to try the arcade game tooooo much. If it comes up with "GAME OVER" then I know it'll be expensive!!!

Jimbo
08-03-2007, 04:08 PM

Pfftt, lightweight /pan

:iloveyou:

HJM
08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Pfftt, lightweight /pan

I know, I really must try harder to keep my alcohol levels up - I shall start as soon as I get home :5shots:

HJM
08-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I guess I must be the ONLY Skyline owner in the world to have a parking sensor fitted. /lol

Oh I do so wish we had known this at the weekend, we could have given you a bit of stick about it /Devil5

White Lightning
08-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Nervous to try the arcade game tooooo much. If it comes up with "GAME OVER" then I know it'll be expensive!!!

/haz

Good point /yes

The Vee
08-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Couldn't make out if it were a microwave oven or his prediction of a ring time/pan

Simon
09-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Couldn't make out if it were a microwave oven or his prediction of a ring time/pan

.........as long as its not a............Ring time 'til impact! /pan :book: Where's Heath and his Supra when you need him:smash:

HJM
09-03-2007, 02:08 PM
.........as long as its not a............Ring time 'til impact! /pan :book: Where's Heath and his Supra when you need him:smash:

How very dare you !!

I'll get my own back, when you smash your knuckles tomorrow trying to fit my new brakes to said beast !!! Plaster anyone ???

H

SGHOM
09-03-2007, 11:15 PM
but....... I'm not taking the legnum to the ring. /Grrr
It was never on the cards really, as It's been dumped on my drive since last year, & I've not even glanced at it.:speechles
So, I've cancelled the ferry, but not taken the refund [ £30 charge ] instead I'll ammend my booking next time I go. [ RT6..RT7..RT8 !! ]
Also, I'm going in the saaaab, but only as far as the hotel car park in dover.. I'll dump it there & jump in with Jimbo or someone? :thinking: :thinking:
Maggie & me will chip in with the petrol/food/laps etc. that way, It'll save us all a few bob. /rally /rally

Spirit
09-03-2007, 11:53 PM
One day you'll get to throw a car around the Ring mate......../pan :happy:

Jimbo
10-03-2007, 12:22 AM
but....... I'm not taking the legnum to the ring. /Grrr
It was never on the cards really, as It's been dumped on my drive since last year, & I've not even glanced at it.:speechles
So, I've cancelled the ferry, but not taken the refund [ £30 charge ] instead I'll ammend my booking next time I go. [ RT6..RT7..RT8 !! ]
Also, I'm going in the saaaab, but only as far as the hotel car park in dover.. I'll dump it there & jump in with Jimbo or someone? :thinking: :thinking:
Maggie & me will chip in with the petrol/food/laps etc. that way, It'll save us all a few bob. /rally /rally

Sorry to hear you're not taking your car Derek, and yes you're welcome to ride along with me as my brother's not going now, but remember that my car is a wee bit on the non-spacious side these days, we may have to get creative.....hmm, maybe the first Skyline with parking sensors AND a roof rack?

HJM
10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
but remember that my car is a wee bit on the non-spacious side these days, we may have to get creative.....hmm, maybe the first Skyline with parking sensors AND a roof rack?

Well, you could have used our mega spacious silver super sized van for some luggage but it's non smoking and apparently not good enough :P

SGHOM
10-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, you could have used our mega spacious silver super sized van for some luggage but it's non smoking and apparently not good enough :P

:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse looks like a taxi for Mags & me then !! :speechles

HJM
10-03-2007, 12:45 AM
:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse looks like a taxi for Mags & me then !! :speechles

LOL - unlucky, Paul's not taking the Audi ;)

I'm sure we will be able to manage you, the lovely Maggie and all your luggage between us :iloveyou:

Maggie
10-03-2007, 12:53 AM

Err actually I dont even smoke so that will be a taxi for one Derek I will take Jane up on her kind offer /pan /pan :smoking: /Nuuu

HJM
10-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Err actually I dont even smoke so that will be a taxi for one Derek I will take Jane up on her kind offer /pan /pan :smoking: /Nuuu

/haz

WTG Maggie /lol

J

K9NG
10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
LOL - unlucky, Paul's not taking the Audi ;)

Oi Mrs Martin It's a posh taxi I'll have you know!!
Any more of that and I won't give you the handfull of bolts
Simon and I have :thinking: /pan

Jimbo
10-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Brake change go according to plan then? /lol

chris g
10-03-2007, 09:27 PM
You may have seen this but its a timely reminder about respect and getting to know the place.....

Not the way to do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMTcrZpMFI

Jimbo
11-03-2007, 12:48 AM
You may have seen this but its a timely reminder about respect and getting to know the place.....

Not the way to do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMTcrZpMFI

Yeah Jane spotted that and shared with us yesterday. Quite shocking...I think the emotion of driving hallowed tarmac overtook the poor chap's brain function. Never actually started a lap from Breidscheid before, and I'm not sure I would have wanted to start my FIRST EVER lap from there...in the wet...with Ex-Muhle right in front of me. Velly scarly.

HJM
11-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Oi Mrs Martin It's a posh taxi I'll have you know!!
Any more of that and I won't give you the handfull of bolts
Simon and I have :thinking: /pan

Sorry, Darling - I forgot that you might read this :iloveyou:

After today /notworthy

:iloveyou:

J:)

/edited to say you can probably sell those bolts on Ebay /lol

HJM
11-03-2007, 01:01 AM
I found 3 different screws and clips when I cleared up - still makes no odds as we found out today that Toyota go OTT on their fixings (must have been 12 bolts holding the wing on !)

H

Jimbo
11-03-2007, 01:06 AM
I found 3 different screws and clips when I cleared up - still makes no odds as we found out today that Toyota go OTT on their fixings (must have been 12 bolts holding the wing on !)

H

I took my laptop apart a while ago and had about 10 spare screws afterwards....but then I don't try to drive my laptop at 140mph. /pan

Tell you what bud, you drive BEHIND me from now on /lol

HJM
11-03-2007, 01:15 AM
I took my laptop apart a while ago and had about 10 spare screws afterwards....but then I don't try to drive my laptop at 140mph. /pan

Tell you what bud, you drive BEHIND me from now on /lol

Is that so you can do a regular calibration check on your grandad anti-crash device ?

H

Jimbo
11-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Is that so you can do a regular calibration check on your grandad anti-crash device ?

H

Thinking of a comeback.....thinking of a comeback....DAMN!

HJM
11-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Thinking of a comeback.....thinking of a comeback....DAMN!

Don't you just hate it when Heath stays up late /lol /lol

Jimbo
11-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Don't you just hate it when Heath stays up late /lol /lol

I was stretched there....was trying to take the p*** out of him in two threads at the same time, and I got flustered. It won't happen again, Jane, I promise. Normal p***taking service will resume shortly.

HJM
11-03-2007, 01:26 AM
I was stretched there....was trying to take the p*** out of him in two threads at the same time, and I got flustered. It won't happen again, Jane, I promise. Normal p***taking service will resume shortly.

Oooh, the old two things at once - bit tricky, huh?

HJM
12-03-2007, 08:39 AM
23 ! /rally

Kieran
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
....on your grandad anti-crash device ?

You just wish you had one the last time you went to Combe in that fishtailing midlifecrisismobile you have! /pan

SGHOM
16-03-2007, 11:34 PM
edited page 1 to reflect who is actually going !! i think I got it right ? :thinking:

19 days to go !! /rally /rally

Simon
18-03-2007, 09:00 PM
northloop.co.uk sun visor ready for the blistering sunshine that will experienced in Germany at Easter! :inquisiti

chris g
20-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Avoid passengers looking green!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJb6OlTagY

SGHOM
21-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I hope the hotel in dover wont mind me dumping my saaaab there for a few days ?? :inquisiti :thinking: :thinking:
I'll be scrounging pax laps as often as I can. /rally /rally I hope you lot dont mind.........again !! :speechles /pan /pan [ I'll pay....... promise ]

HJM
21-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I'll be scrounging pax laps as often as I can. /rally /rally I hope you lot dont mind.........again !! :speechles /pan /pan [ I'll pay....... promise ]

Derek - no problemo !

I will take you out as often as you want and you can save your money for the bar (mines 12 pints of Bitburger !)

H

K9NG
21-03-2007, 09:12 AM
I hope the hotel in dover wont mind me dumping my saaaab there for a few days ?? :inquisiti :thinking: :thinking:

Last time I took you out Mr Tew my car blew up /pan
Not again please :iloveyou:

SGHOM
24-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Last time I took you out Mr Tew my car blew up /pan
Not again please :iloveyou:
I'll be gentle with your car Paul.......... trust me !! :thinking: /rally /rally

HJM
26-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Got next 2 weeks booked off :pimp2:

Roll on friday /pan

H

chris g
26-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I catch my ferry this Fri night or Sat morning so after visiting my new place of work, should be lapping around 1830 on Sat evening and then a full day of laps on the Sunday

So will see you in for a few drinks, maybe in the Paddock at the Motorsport or in the car park as we prepare for laps on the Thursday when you arrive

Chris

K9NG
26-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I'll be gentle with your car Paul.......... trust me !! :thinking: /rally /rally

Trust you /Devil5

K9NG
26-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Roll on friday /pan

H

"2 weeks off" When you coming to wash my car and mow my lawn /Elmo

Jimbo
26-03-2007, 08:26 PM

Me too :)

So will see you in for a few drinks, maybe in the Paddock at the Motorsport or in the car park as we prepare for laps on the Thursday when you arrive

Looking forward to it Chris!

chris g
26-03-2007, 08:46 PM
And will we see some of the CVR4/you at the Dorint for a White Glove Racing evening enjoying some Eifelgeist and other drinks - perhaps Saturday

HJM
27-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Did someone say drink :inquisiti

Jimbo
27-03-2007, 02:22 PM
And will we see some of the CVR4/you at the Dorint for a White Glove Racing evening enjoying some Eifelgeist and other drinks - perhaps Saturday

4 times I've been, and I've still yet to try the Eifelgeist. This time, this time!

HJM
28-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I had an email from Irene today asking if I had learnt any German - oops, I knew there was something I was supposed to have done :embarasse

HJM
29-03-2007, 06:58 AM
1 WEEK TO GO ! /bounce /Banana /woot2 /woot

Fingers crossed for Derek, otherwise its 3 Nissans, 1 Toyota and 1 FTO on track /rally and no VR4's :speechles

H

White Lightning
29-03-2007, 08:04 AM
1 WEEK TO GO ! /bounce /Banana /woot2 /woot

Fingers crossed for Derek, otherwise its 3 Nissans, 1 Toyota and 1 FTO on track /rally and no VR4's :speechles

H

Heath - I was thinking we should have a seperate forum on here now called "Club Datsun" . What do you think ?

/haz

chris g
29-03-2007, 08:12 AM
I was going to say, with the lack of VR-4 on RT5 that this club has gone to the dogs...

...but really it has gone to the datsuns!!!

K9NG
29-03-2007, 08:19 AM
I was going to say, with the lack of VR-4 on RT5 that this club has gone to the dogs...

...but really it has gone to the datsuns!!!

My Datschund is a Dog :d

6 Days to go
/bounce:bananadan /woot2 /Banana

Spirit
29-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Don't worry.....there's still RT6 yet :pimp2:

White Lightning
29-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Don't worry.....there's still RT6 yet :pimp2:

And it's all VR-4s* going on that one at the moment /yes ...

* - well one's a VR-2 but it's close enough ...

chris g
29-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Well I've heard that said about some datsuns.......

HJM
29-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I think the reason why all the Usual Suspects have 'moved on' is that the VR4 is just too safe/predictable to drive on track - hence each has chosen a challenging vehicle (although those Cr@p$un wussies have all got 4wd /Handbag - boy am I in trouble for saying that /catfight and they don't own a VR4 anymore).

I'm sure with time the club's fleet will become more and more diversified.

I want to go to Germany NOW !!!

H

Spirit
29-03-2007, 01:05 PM
the VR4 is just too safe/predictable to drive on track

That's fine with me......nothing worse than an unsafe/unpredictable car in such an enviroment. I want to come home to my family at the end of it.

Still can't account for the other nutters out there though......some mad group called the Usual somethingorother are to be avoided apparantly...../haz

HJM
29-03-2007, 01:09 PM
I agree - stay well clear as they are all 'unhinged' especially that new member SGHOM !!!

H

Spirit
29-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I agree - stay well clear as they are all 'unhinged' especially that new member SGHOM !!!

Is that the one that can always be seen sat in the wrong seat ? /pan :iloveyou:

chris g
29-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I do not know about VR-4 being safe/predictable...

..but moving on makes sense when you have worked the car and found where the limits might be or where you are stretching its capabilities..

..I think you can only really do that if you are using the tiptronic box fully and not using the auto box..

..thats not to say that you cannot push on when using auto or enjoy a track, the Ring in particular but I think there is more work that the car can do, to 'push the 'envelope' of the cars capabilities..

..well thats what I think after using my VR-4 on a few visits to the Ring

HJM
31-03-2007, 11:36 AM
5 DAYS ! ! !

Spirit
31-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Bet you can't wait.......seems so long since the last trip !

SGHOM
01-04-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ejlkzDCuc

:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Jimbo
01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ejlkzDCuc

:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

I've got an old Cobra keyfob ready as well!!!

HJM
02-04-2007, 08:12 PM
OK, it's almost time for the off - is everybody ready /rally

What time are peeps heading for Dover on Wednesday? We will be leaving Salisbury around midday so should be at our luxury suite late afternoon - last one in the bar buys the drinks /Devil5

The last thing we have to do is decide on our music selection - we can only fit three CD's in the car, so we'd best choose wisely /help

See you in Dover /drinkswine

J&H :)

SGHOM
02-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm setting off tomorrow afternoon, heading for watford. [ or is it Hemel ?? :thinking: ] Tues night at Maggies, [ or is it Emma's ?? :thinking: ] then a leisurely drive to dover wednesday afternoon. [ or is it morning ?? ] :afro: :afro:

HJM
02-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Forecast looking even better :2thumbsup

http://de.weather.com/weather/local/GMXX2527?letter=N

Fingers crossed it stays true - shows rising to 16C by sunday and no wet stuff (perhaps taking the Supra is not such a bad idea :thinking:).

H

The Vee
03-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Lucky sods, surely it's May by now! Have a good time peeps and get 'em all back safely:thumbsup:

Spirit
03-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah have a great time peeps and be safe.....we want you all back safely in one piece....people and cars !

Oh........but while you're there.....kick some ass ! /rally

K9NG
03-04-2007, 08:08 AM
I shall be leaving at 2pm so aim to be there around 4ish..
Not long now /woot2
P.S Jane I have a nice selection of Bhangra, RnB and some
Barry Manilow just for you :d

HJM
03-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Cheers Guys - we will do our best to have a good time /yes

P.S Jane I have a nice selection of Bhangra, RnB and some
Barry Manilow just for you :d

Err, thanks Paul - it's ok though, I'll just have to sing all the way /Devil5

HJM
03-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Err, thanks Paul - it's ok though, I'll just have to sing all the way /Devil5

God help me !

H

K9NG
03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
God help me !

H

I have a spare seat Heath ;)

HJM
03-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I have a spare seat Heath ;)

Aaahhh, you want me to sing to you Paul :iloveyou:

K9NG
03-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Aaahhh, you want me to sing to you Paul :iloveyou:

Of course Jane, I couldn't have Heath rambling
on for 5 hours /Devil5

HJM
03-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Of course Jane, I couldn't have Heath rambling
on for 5 hours /Devil5

You obviously haven't heard me sing /help

Jimbo
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
What a day or two....leaving tomorrow mid-afternoon, but I'm nowhere near ready yet.

Richy's done me proud once again and done a thorough service - changed all oils - both diffs, transfer box, gearbox, engine + flush, oil filter, fuel filter, new brake pads, and some NGK iridium spark plugs (ironically the exact same ones that the VR4 takes - BKR7EIX 0.8mm jobbies - or at least according to an NZ thread I saw the other day).

Ordered some new brake discs from Abbey - massive massive thankyou to H&J for offering to pick them up en-route, really appreciate that guys!

So all that's left is to fill my empty drive so I can fill the car with luggage!!!

The car is sat overnight at ABP Motorsport near me - took it in today to get them to fit two missing nuts to the rear Turbo elbow manifold (well spotted by John and Richy last week)...turns out that ALL 5 (FIVE!!!) nuts are missing so the damn thing's been held on by will power alone for goodness knows how long. 4 of the 5 bolts are on, but the 5th is an absolute pig to get to. Sat around the afternoon watching them gradually empty my engine bay....less than 24hrs before leaving on a 1200 mile round trip. Hopefully they'll have it sorted very soon tomorrow morning....I'm bricking it now!

Jimbo
03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh and I think I have a leaky value on the NSR tyre.

Jimbo
03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh and I haven't cleaned it yet! Sod that though....

Spirit
03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Hope it all gets sorted ready for you Jimbo.......always seems to be 1 or 2 of us are panicking with a day or two left.....I remember our hard pipe saga !

K9NG
03-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Shall keep fingers crossed Jimbo,
It's always the way when you need the damn car
something always rears it's ugly head!!
I remember having to cancel the first trip
because the car was'nt ready /Grrr
I'm sure you'll have it sorted in time :)

Jimbo
03-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Thats true guys - it wouldn't be a real ring trip without just a smidgen of preparation drama!

Getting quietly drunk at the moment so everything suddenly seems a lot better. Hopefully get the car back before lunchtime, then straight to Kwik Fit to see if they can sort the valve, then back home to wash and load it, then to Richy's, and then to Dover.....best get an early night....nah!!!

HJM
03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
What a nightmare!!!

Heath has been keeping me updated all afternoon - everything crossed its all sorted in time.

Just home from work myself to find that he has packed the car - I hope those discs are small James :inquisiti

Spirit
03-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Just home from work myself to find that he has packed the car - I hope those discs are small James :inquisiti

Any room for a small one........I don't need to go to work tomorrow now....bahahaha

HJM
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Any room for a small one........I don't need to go to work tomorrow now....bahahaha

Pete, you know you would be more than welcome, but I can hardly describe you as 'a small one' /lol

If we were able to take our 'proper' car of course, you could have had the back seat to yourself!!

Spirit
03-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks Jane......not sure I would be allowed anyhow....'er indoors you know /lol

Hope your camera gear is packed......can't wait to see some fresh ring pics.....oooeeerrr

HJM
03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Hope your camera gear is packed......can't wait to see some fresh ring pics.....oooeeerrr

Oh yes - I have some plans that involve lots of walking, so lets hope for good weather!

SGHOM
03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
there's a spare 'car & 5 passengers' on the ferry ?? :thinking: /rally

HJM
04-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Leaving in 45 minutes - see you chaps and chapesses at Dover.

Let the games commence /rally

H

ps

Good luck Jimbo and Simon :scholar:

Lillywotsername
04-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Have lots of fun Guys.... See yas all when you get back, unless of coarse someone takes a laptop they can use.

Take care..../Wave /Wave

timiano
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi

I'm leaving out today with a local motley crew (well, only 5 of us).

I'll be looking out for you all. Plus, look out for a Evo VI TME, Audi RS4, and my Silver Leggie of course.

Tim

PS: Oh, An' I'll have me laptop with me, so will be posting pics etc.

HJM
06-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Ooh, free internet access from our Hotel :)

We'll keep an eye out for you Tim :2thumbsup

J

Wouter
06-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Have fun out there!!

timiano
06-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Where TF is everybody....?!?!??!

Looking like mad today for one single Galant/Leggie?

Am I the only Galant here?

C'mon folks where are yer?

Spirit
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
None of them have Galants/Legnums....well at least not with them !

Look for a couple of Skylines (a white R32 and a grey R33) and a Supra

HJM
06-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Saw you pull into the Ringhaus this evening - I was in my silver Supra heading towards Nurburg - Maggie was in the passenger seat and saw you pull into your hotel.

We will no doubt catch up with you tomorrrow - too busy enjoying a third night on the sauce.

Please text or call us on my mobile - please see pm.

Everyone having a great time and Simon is enjoying driving his other 'track car' - he will no doubt explain !

Supra laps have been great and long may the fab weather continue - most of us have got sunburnt today !

The Ring as expected has been very busy today and will no doubt be tomorrow, but we will be patient and look forward to sunday onwards as it gets quieter - has been allsorts of exotica to see as per usual.

H

Spirit
07-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Good to hear you're all having a great time !

Weather was gorgeous here too yesterday.....19 degrees in Plymouth !

How's Jimbo getting on......I assume his car was all ready ?

timiano
07-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi

Forgot to mention yesterday, I was having really bad problems with the VR4. Well, the brakes to be more specific. I fitted Brembos aaages ago with pads that were on them when I bought them. Anyway, I destroyed them after about 2minutes and had no brakes (well sort of) for the rest of my first lap!! :(

Wasn't exactly awe inspiring having problems, and I didn't go out again, so day1, only 1 lap. Still having a proper good time with everyone, but was just a shame the VR4 wasn't up to it.

Anyway, mate Phil sorts out somewhere to get pads for Saturday. Gets the breaks, him and mate Danny fit them early doors, and I'm off. Bit of a breaking in sesh off ring...and then straight down for a blast. Worked out superb, not brilliant, but much much better.

Bit of spongey-ness toward the end, but they were not cooked and were ready to go a little later. But...AYC and ABS light now on and off. Its not causing any problems and I've not missed it to be honest, so we'll have a look and try to see what's up when we get back.

Even got a drive of my other mate's (dill and andy) Cayman too...youtube video in that to follow soon. Phil took me out in the TME (another youtuber to come too).

Were at the Pistonklaus tonight if anyone is interested, and take it from there.

Here tomorrow and for the morning of Wednesday.

See yer!

Tim

PS - Derek/SGHOM managed to find me yesterday, and was good to finally bump into a Club VR4'er. Plus, saw a bunch of nutters (about 5 of 'em) waving at me like mad near the Pit Stop hotel. When I went past later, I saw a silver Supra (was that you HJM?).

timiano
08-04-2007, 08:43 PM
/rally :evilgrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09gVFxL5-2Q

HJM
08-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Plus saw a bunch of nutters (about 5 of 'em) waving at me like mad near the Pit Stop hotel. When I went past later, I saw a silver Supra (was that you HJM?).

Yeah, that was the third time we tried to attract your attention, but you never waved back!!!!

By the way - the speed limit on the main drag through Nurburg isn't 70mph....you have to convert to kph! Car sounds nice though....even though you did nearly run us all over (twice) last night :)

Jimbo

g6acb
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Been picture blagging on t'interweb....

Club vr$kyline does the ring.......

Spirit
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Ohhh.....some nice pix......well found that man !

ANTHONY
10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
but no club stickers on it yet i see

timiano
11-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Yeah, that was the third time we tried to attract your attention, but you never waved back!!!!

By the way - the speed limit on the main drag through Nurburg isn't 70mph....you have to convert to kph! Car sounds nice though....even though you did nearly run us all over (twice) last night :)

Jimbo

Ooopss...Sorry! /pan

Only saw you the once and thought 'what? who?...me?' and then it was too late. Nearly turned round to go and say hello, but my mate said 'you're going to go up to a bunch of random people and ask are you waving at me cos you are a member of my club?'...so I went and did another lap instead /rally

Did anyone see me pootling around the ring? I was the one with the noisy tyres...or was it taking no prisoners. Toyo proxies are all but obliterated now, AYC and ABS lights are on. I've torn the flexi on my stock down pipes and errrrr....and I think that's about it.

What a weekend though. Everyone was shocked at how well my stock leggy went, and there were plenty of weird stares and WTF expression when they got spanked by the rocket powered hearse (Skyline R33 and Carrera S were classic). I even managed to stay within 200 yards of the Carrera GT for about 2 minutes (I think he was taking it easy). What an honour chasing one of them down though :)

Hope you all had a good time too :D

EDIT: And here's my two favourite photos from my light up and pflanzgarten I

Kieran
11-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Looks like you had a cracking time Tim!

bradc
11-04-2007, 08:52 AM
your car looks great tim, it looks like you all had fun, I really need to get out there some day!

timiano
11-04-2007, 07:12 PM
your car looks great tim, it looks like you all had fun, I really need to get out there some day!

Honestly, I've re-fell in love with the car all over again!

Its just phenomenal. I just really had no idea it would perform so well as a track car, considering what it is. Everyone who's been in it, is just completely knocked out by it.

Yeh its not as fast as an Evo, but boy is it just as much fun. I love the way people look at it and think WTF?!...stare a bit more and try and figure out what it is. It must have been one of the most uncommon cars there at the ring. Measuring WTF against performance, I reckon its up there with the best of them.

Got some things to sort out now (ahem WRD need them downpipes), but well worth it.

Only thing is, I think I fell in love with the white Evo IX wagon that I saw there. Not for now, but maybe the one that replaces the Leggy in 3 or so years.

Fantastic time, fantastic place, fantastic people....we're tempted to go back over in August /pan

Nick VR4
11-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice pics Tim :D

bradc
11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
what work has been done to your car, and what gearbox does it have?

HJM
11-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Literally just back in through the door 10 minutes ago - far too knackered to post anything coherant but suffice to say we had a ball, as usual :2thumbsup

Sorry Tim, never saw your car on the Ring and we didn't seem to manage to catch up with you - the whole thing went so quickly!!

I'll sort out some pics eventually but need sleep now :zzz:

White Lightning
11-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Glad you are all having a good time ... and Jimbo, the 'liner looks ace on track :thumbsup:

timiano
11-04-2007, 10:44 PM
what work has been done to your car, and what gearbox does it have?

Auto gearbox
HKS Superdragga
Ralliart suspension
HKS mushroom filter
Brembos off an Evo 9 on the front
Evo VIII 6 spoke Enkeis
Toyo Proxy Tr-1 235/45/17
Uprated Carbopad brakepads (german make)
Amsoil all around (and 1450 miles done 200 on the ring, and not dropped a mm)

Next year, I'm hoping:

WRD downpipes (anyone?)
Decat
Greddy Profec e01
Greddy emanage blue
...and more lovely amsoil
...oh, and a set of Eagle F1s
.......oh, and maybe maybe, a set of p48 cut slicks :D

Spirit
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Glad you had such a cracking time Tim....so I guess you are going to be added to the list of addicts !

Good to see you back safe and sound Heath and Jane.....looking forward to the stories :pimp2: and pix of course !

The Vee
12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
As the man above said. Glad you're all back ok and Jimbo - thar Skyline looks awesome - love it

Jimbo
12-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Back home now, 13 hrs and 15m of travelling - need beer!

The car was absolutely awesome on track, totally different experience and had to learn the whole 13 miles all over again. 150mph approaching Schwedenkreuz was VERY scary, especially with naff EBC brake pads.

Didn't get a chance to play with any Galants on track unfortunately, but managed to finally get passed 100 laps by doing another 24.

Generally took it quite steady all weekend, but I have a lot more confidence with the car now - roll on the next trip.

As with Jane, I will no doubt post something a bit more tomorrow when I'm alive again.

Jimbo
12-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Ha, just noticed the 4th picture down on the previous page....it shows the part of my plastic brake air cooling vent hanging down, lol. Just needed a bit of a running repair with Derek's help and RichW's stanley knife!

K9NG
12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Got back safe and sound at 8pm lastnight,
thanks to everyone for a thoroughly enjoyable trip :thumbsup:
Need to catch up on some well needed :sleeping:

HJM
12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
managed to finally get passed 100 laps ................

Mm and promised me his 100th - but then did an 'Andy' and gave it to someone else - men are soooooo unreliable :bigcry:

White Lightning
12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Glad to hear that everyone is back safe and sound. And glad you all had a good time ... :pimp2:

Jimbo - you could always come back with us again next month .... /rally

Jimbo
12-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Glad to hear that everyone is back safe and sound. And glad you all had a good time ... :pimp2:

Jimbo - you could always come back with us again next month .... /rally

That was always my intention until I bought the new car, and now I've got to save like mad to make the August trip affordable - over the next few months my shopping list is:

New brake air duct
Gearbox recondition (not desperate, but the syncro is starting to go - 5th is the only real problem, but that's not used on track!!)
Oil cooler
4 new tyres
New front brakepads / hoses / fluid
New snazzy front splitter
Insurance (May)
Waxoil treatment

Scared now.

WildCards
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
August trip? Anyone got a spare seat for a paying passenger?

shh, Kates coming! runaway runaway...

Jimbo
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
4 times I've been, and I've still yet to try the Eifelgeist. This time, this time!

Missed the eifelgeist again - couldn't drag the lightweight rabble we had with us, but we had a night in the RingHaus on the Monday (head to head PS2 with GT4....trying to sabotage Heath by undoing his steering wheel - was in tears laughing!!). To finish off we had a rather odd drink given us - empty a packet of sherbert into your mouth then swill a shot of something-or-other (Jagermeister???)...and then a rather odd dark spirit (?!?!). Think I fell over a few times walking down the Lindenhof to get a lock-in and talking babble with a barman who was the spitting image of Borat....no word of a lie, he took Jane into the kitchen for a tour (?!?!?) and said "Dis is my wife".

Good times.

HJM
12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Missed the eifelgeist again - couldn't drag the lightweight rabble we had with us, but we had a night in the RingHaus on the Monday (head to head PS2 with GT4....trying to sabotage Heath by undoing his steering wheel - was in tears laughing!!). To finish off we had a rather odd drink given us - empty a packet of sherbert into your mouth then swill a shot of something-or-other (Jagermeister???)...and then a rather odd dark spirit (?!?!). Think I fell over a few times walking down the Lindenhof to get a lock-in and talking babble with a barman who was the spitting image of Borat....no word of a lie, he took Jane into the kitchen for a tour (?!?!?) and said "Dis is my wife".

Good times.

Oh that was a classic night - well, the bits I can remember anyway :laugh:

Majid was a bit bonkers but he did keep giving us free drinks!! Thank god I have never seen the film, or I would have died laughing when he introduced me to his wife!!

Anyhow, I have out a few pics with some comments on HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/2702342/55#P-1-15) as a bit of a taster - I do have more and will do them later, but I didn't take many this time, as I actually had 5 pax laps in the Skyline (thanks again James - they were fantastic and that car is awesome :2thumbsup)

Jimbo
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Anyhow, I have out a few pics with some comments on HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/2702342/55#P-1-15)

Jane, that is absolutely fantastic - the comments are brilliant, it's like a diary!!!! Must have taken you ages, and it gets a big thumbs up and a rep from me :)

(especially for the very detailed description of why I was going SOOOOOO slow before Karussel ;) )

Lillywotsername
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Great pics as always Jane... WTG

White Lightning
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah great pics Jane /yes

K9NG
12-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh yes can't forget 'Borat' he was soo funny /Devil5
Great pics Jane love the commentry :thumbsup:

Spirit
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Excellent pix as expected Jane.......LOL @ CVR4 still being visible on the track (our efforts were not in vain), and that pic of the two Porsche's is superb.....I reckon you could flog that and make posters from it !

HJM
13-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks Guys :iloveyou:

I have uploaded some more .......................

CVR4 on Track HERE (http://www.hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/2705386#143353001)

Other Cars on Track HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/2705315)

Cheers,

HJM
13-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Here are some pics we have found on t'internet :2thumbsup

HJM
13-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Few more, they make mine look rubbish!!

How close is that Skyline to grounding in the second pic :shocked:

J

Jimbo
13-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Few more, they make mine look rubbish!!

Nahh, they're no doubt taken at incredibly high resolution, cropped to make them look better, then resized back up again. Yours are superb, how lucky are we to have you as our personal photographer :iloveyou:

How close is that Skyline to grounding in the second pic :shocked:

You're not kidding! Maybe it was the Karussel that ripped off my air cooling brake duct thingy! I never heard anything going through it, even with 4-up in the car, but yeah.....that looks fag-paper close!

HJM
13-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Nahh, they're no doubt taken at incredibly high resolution, cropped to make them look better, then resized back up again. Yours are superb, how lucky are we to have you as our personal photographer :iloveyou:

You are too kind :) Mine are straight out of the camera, I can't be bothered with all that post processing rubbish, load 'em up and get 'em posted - thats me - lol!!

You're not kidding! Maybe it was the Karussel that ripped off my air cooling brake duct thingy! I never heard anything going through it, even with 4-up in the car, but yeah.....that looks fag-paper close!

Looking at that pic, I would imagine so - I think you were lucky you didn't rip the whole thing off!!!

Jimbo
13-04-2007, 01:06 PM
You are too kind :) Mine are straight out of the camera, I can't be bothered with all that post processing rubbish, load 'em up and get 'em posted - thats me - lol!!

That's what I mean - yours are bloody good to start with :)

Will definitely be putting an order in for some full size jobbies /rally

K9NG
13-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Once again Jane lovely piccies /thankyou
Will have to purchase some off you :2thumbsup

Don't wurry Billy Bob I'll maik ya a noo one outa spit and tabaca /lol

timiano
13-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Great photos people,

Here's mine from the weekend, straight out the camera no editing as no time. I might give them the batch treatment (sharpening, contrast) if I have time.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/21goodlife/2007NurburgringII

Tim

Jimbo
13-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't wurry Billy Bob I'll maik ya a noo one outa spit and tabaca /lol

Goddamn, thadda be sweet gudd buddy :)

Jimbo
13-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Great photos people,

Here's mine from the weekend, straight out the camera no editing as no time. I might give them the batch treatment (sharpening, contrast) if I have time.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/21goodlife/2007NurburgringII

Tim

Nice one Tim, you even got a couple of me, 2nd one going VERY LIGHT over the pflanzgarten jump, cool /rally

Spirit
13-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Great pix all round peeps......and gotta agree with Jimbo.....everyone has been so lucky to have you around taking pix of them Jane :iloveyou:

HJM
13-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Nice pics Tim /yes

James, Paul - if you want any hi res pics, you know you only have to say :thumbsup:

Heath quite fancied buying the one of him going into the Karussell - the bruises will fade in time /lol

psbarham
14-04-2007, 07:33 AM
some cracking pictures there jane as always /notworthy /notworthy /notworthy looks like you all had a great time (not jealous at all /Grrr honest )

HJM
15-04-2007, 01:14 AM
A few more off t'interweb - love the first one, very moody :pimp2:

J

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Just when you thought this thread had died a death...................... I'm gonna post my pics soon. :happy: whether you want to see them or not !! :thinking:

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 09:15 PM
here ya goes. :afro: :afro:

pic 1; sunny & warm or what ??
pic 2; were they competitive ??
pic 3; ready for the barbie
pic 4; gorgus george !! [ what a star he was all week. ] :iloveyou: :iloveyou:
pic 5; mmmmmmm food !!
pic 6; eat yr heart out Egon. :afro:

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
ok...... here's some more. :afro: :afro:

pic 7; does James's car look mean or what ??
pic 8; ditto
pic 9; James.. admit it.. you cant dance !! Freddy thought it was funny though !
pic 10; pretty Adenau
pic 11; go Clair.. go Clair

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Then the alcohol kicked in !! :pimp2: :afro: :afro:

no need for comments from me

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Who needs WRD, when you get service like this ??

My kinda garage. :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

HJM
01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
PMSL - cracking pics there Derek - bought it all back /lol

Just what I needed to brighten up my (very) dull week :iloveyou:

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 09:49 PM
few more..... cant be ar$ed to post words now. :thinking: enjoy.

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 10:09 PM
still hungry george ?? :iloveyou:

Jimbo
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Excellent pics Derek. George fast asleep as Simon offroads....ahem...I mean, "accidently and completely un-intentionally misses the corner" at AF. Fun times, roll on August, roll on the time after that, and the time after that.

Now, stop messing with your new broadband connection and get working on the Leggy - you MOT'd it yet? Seems to be behaving itself at the moment, get it tested....quick!

SGHOM
08-05-2007, 10:09 PM
just thought I'd post one more pic. :thinking:
I thought this one looked quite :afro: with the quiet serenity of the place ??
not bad from a cheapo camera fone ?

pic courtesy of Maggie. :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Jimbo
10-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Oh pretty....where's that taken - Wipperman?

Or is it T-13?

HJM
10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Or is it T-13?

/pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan

Yes, its Wipperman :)

J