PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Wheel Arch

d i c k i e s
13-11-2006, 10:49 PM
umm dont know what to call it, but its this part here. (wheel guard) to stop stones and sh!t from getting up into the engine bay. see where its cracked!

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12507&d=1157102509

mine is similar and very small. but it makes a rattling noise whenever i turn left at any corner. so i need another one. anyone got one. well i hope its this thats makes the noise.

mpau009
13-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah those are mine. They make a bit of a racket under fast cornering..

I went to a wrecker, and he said they hardly get any worth reselling, and if he did theyd be $70-100 a side. Apparently there is a reproduction part coming out of Taiwan out around now, but even those were going to be $140odd a side.. and i dont know what the quality would be like.

Hence i went with the craft knife and cable ties approach.

If anyone wants to organise a group buy id be keen though, they do bug me a bit.

d i c k i e s
14-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah those are mine. They make a bit of a racket under fast cornering..

I went to a wrecker, and he said they hardly get any worth reselling, and if he did theyd be $70-100 a side. Apparently there is a reproduction part coming out of Taiwan out around now, but even those were going to be $140odd a side.. and i dont know what the quality would be like.

Hence i went with the craft knife and cable ties approach.

If anyone wants to organise a group buy id be keen though, they do bug me a bit.

yeah im after one. cos its really annoying now.

Rosco_NZ
27-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey D I C K I E S,
you manage to source any of these?

i need atleast 1 as well (front right)
was under there today investigating and it musta caught on something somehow and its completed shagged, the front bit and the side bit (runs behind wheel/mag when looking through spokes) are both ripped near where they bolt on. and it was dragging on ground. /Grrr

for now i have managed to get a cable tie and some duct-tape.
but i dont think its likely to hold so if ya know where ya can get some....

i assume mitsubishi could supply them (at a price..) or i guess a wreckers?

d i c k i e s
27-11-2006, 07:17 AM
nah, im still lookin for 1 too bro... was supposed to have a look at the wreckers the weekend cos im pretty much desperate for it, cos the holidays is pretty much round the corner. (but yeah too busy doing other stuff).

yeah its real annoying cos when i reach 100km can hear it flapping away.

was suppose to have a look again today, but again.. too busy!