PDA

View Full Version : Fueling issues...

ReggieK
15-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi ya, couple of small question.... :D

I've been reading through my Handbook and it states that a light should come on to warn me when I'm getting low on fuel. Apparently when it does I'll have about 9 litres left. I've not run it down that low yet but am curious for your opinions on if it works and is it accurate?

Also I was reading a top gear mag yesterday and noticed in their new car guide they state that the Galant has a 64l fuel tank. On here it says 60? So who's right?

Right, that's quite enough reading, must get to driving.... :D

adam_shaw
15-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Hiya,

I've only vanilla Galant, but the dash and tank are the same I think, the light does come on, and even better than being on off it glows more brightly as the tank gets more empty :cool1:

Usually I fill up as soon as I can after the light comes on, and this usually means about 50 - 55 litres going in the tank, so I guess the TG estimate seems a little over the top.

This is my second Galant INSERT INTO post VALUES (this is an Estate not a saloon) and the light does behave a little differently, on the old car the needle would be buried at 'E' before the light came on, and I often made trips back from the girlfriend's with the light on 30-45 miles depending on how many twisty country lanes I took :D on the new car the needle is just off empty when the light comes on.

Best thing to do, run it down to the orange light around town and then fill up, you'll soon get a good feeling for your particular guage.

Nick Mann
15-11-2003, 12:20 PM
My needle is on empty before the light starts glowing. But I haven't put more than 50l in yet. All the specs I have seen say a 60l tank, so I'm not going to run it too close to that! Has anyone run out of fuel and then filled it up to the top?

calum
15-11-2003, 08:22 PM
yes, but can't remember how much it took!

Sorry

Calum

zedy1
16-11-2003, 12:34 AM
the fuel gauge is quite accurate INSERT INTO post VALUES (better than ford and vauxhall) what ive relised is it takes longer to come down from the full mark than the 1/2 mark