PDA

View Full Version : Annoying things?

BraindG
15-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Anything on or around the site that needs cleaning up? Perhaps something youve noticed out of place? might aswell get the thigns annoying me sorted while im on a role.

i..e bad coding, or sloppyness?

Wodjno
15-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Anything on or around the site that needs cleaning up? Perhaps something youve noticed out of place? might aswell get the thigns annoying me sorted while im on a role.

i..e bad coding, or sloppyness?

Arcade scores :inquisiti Get that Nev Groom off the Top of the Albatross scoreboard /help

BraindG
15-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Arcade scores :inquisiti Get that Nev Groom off the Top of the Albatross scoreboard /help
hmm yeah, this ones stumped me, i think im going to have to reinstall it, cos the wipe scores features gone..

k, ill get onto that now.

Wodjno
15-11-2006, 03:35 PM
:2thumbsup :iloveyou: :pimp2: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: /thankyou :drummer: :guitarist /grouphug :sweethear /Banana /Poms :thumbsup: :beerchug: /Hyper :bananadan /GJ /applaude
hmm yeah, this ones stumped me, i think im going to have to reinstall it, cos the wipe scores features gone..

k, ill get onto that now.

SGHOM
15-11-2006, 03:35 PM
annoying things ??? :thinking: :thinking:

Wouter ! :inquisiti :5shots:

Wodjno
15-11-2006, 03:37 PM

/pan

BraindG
15-11-2006, 03:41 PM
ah, im actually gonna delete the current arcade, its crap compared to the one i just found :afro: the one im gonna install allows you to do... .. .. . .. .Tournaments, for one! - looks much better aswell :2thumbsup

BraindG
15-11-2006, 03:41 PM

lol. aawwwwww :baby:

WildCards
15-11-2006, 03:43 PM
New games? kewl.

I think theirs a problem with my green thingy's?

BraindG
15-11-2006, 04:06 PM
oki, its installed, justn eed to get some more games on it.

NevGroom
15-11-2006, 04:50 PM

Flip 'n 'eck Wodj/Grrr - A little harsh mate:speechles - I did let you win the pool on Sunday/catfight

Wodjno
15-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Flip 'n 'eck Wodj/Grrr - A little harsh mate:speechles - I did let you win the pool on Sunday/catfight
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bradc
15-11-2006, 07:14 PM
I just noticed today that when you mouse over threads it doesn't give you a preview anymore.

Wouter
15-11-2006, 07:18 PM

/Grrr Guess what I am fitting to my car tomorrow...... YOUR FRONT TURBO!!!

SGHOM
15-11-2006, 07:29 PM
/Grrr Guess what I am fitting to my car tomorrow...... YOUR FRONT TURBO!!!

you better bloody not !! /Grrr
you only wanted to borrow them to 'test' something ? /pan /pan

Wouter
15-11-2006, 07:33 PM
you better bloody not !! /Grrr
you only wanted to borrow them to 'test' something ? /pan /pan

I am gonna test something. I am gonna see if it fits and fixes my power loss issue!

Wouter
15-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I figure a month or two is about long enough to test it properly! :evilgrin:

Wodjno
15-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Barry ! How about when i paste a link into a thread you can't see it. But when it's posted, you can ??

Or when i am making a new post .. I can cut/copy some text from a site or elsewhere, but it doesn't allow me to paste it into the New thread. But if i then submit the thread with the text omitted, but then edit the thread ! It then alolows me to Paste it in ???

BraindG
15-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I just noticed today that when you mouse over threads it doesn't give you a preview anymore.
It does for me?

BraindG
15-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Barry ! How about when i paste a link into a thread you can't see it. But when it's posted, you can ??

I have never had this problem? so, basically, create new, or reply to a thread... paste a url in it it doesnt show in this message box.. i.e. the one im writting this into now?

Or when i am making a new post .. I can cut/copy some text from a site or elsewhere, but it doesn't allow me to paste it into the New thread. But if i then submit the thread with the text omitted, but then edit the thread ! It then alolows me to Paste it in ???

eh? :inquisiti
Does this happen all the time? or just sometimes? - if sometimes, is it from hte same site/document style?

mpau009
15-11-2006, 11:11 PM
It does for me?

Iv got the same problem as brad no pop up preview thingy, which is annoying because i use that feature all the time. Is there some setting that i need to check/reset?

BraindG
15-11-2006, 11:57 PM
no, you shouldnt have to.. erm, what browser you using?

ive not edited any code that would change that for you guys... but like i said it works for me.. lemme go check IE.

BraindG
16-11-2006, 12:02 AM
works in IE for me aswell :inquisiti

you mean within a forum, and you put the mouse pointer over the area that houses the thread title, like this?

BraindG
16-11-2006, 12:08 AM
hmmmm.... ive just noticed that this doesnt work when i do new posts, perhaps something to do with the remove certain forums from new posts thingy?

VR4 MAD
16-11-2006, 12:57 AM
hmmmm.... ive just noticed that this doesnt work when i do new posts, perhaps something to do with the remove certain forums from new posts thingy?

Yep, same for me...............works OK everywhere except "New Posts". Strange. :speechles

Glad to see I'm not the only one.......was beginning to wonder if I was going mad (again). /pan

:inquisiti

bradc
16-11-2006, 04:40 AM
yeah you're onto it barry, exact same problem as me

Wodjno
16-11-2006, 09:22 AM
I have never had this problem? so, basically, create new, or reply to a thread... paste a url in it it doesnt show in this message box.. i.e. the one im writting this into now?

This is correct :speechles I normally highlight it in a colour so i can see it before i submit it :inquisiti

eh? :inquisiti
Does this happen all the time? or just sometimes? - if sometimes, is it from hte same site/document style?

All the time :thinking: As replying to this post i wanted to copy and paste this ! [/quote] and this [quote=BraindG] ! But it wouldn't allow me to

Paul Beazer
16-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Im having the same problem as brad. Its happening at work (ahem!) on IE6 and at home on Firefox. Happened roundabout when you put the formatting back to normal

Paul Beazer
16-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Odd, its now working again......

BraindG
16-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Odd, its now working again......
that after doing a new posts? or manually going to the forum? cos it works that way it would appear, but not when you do a new posts.

Paul Beazer
16-11-2006, 11:27 PM
that after doing a new posts? or manually going to the forum? cos it works that way it would appear, but not when you do a new posts.
It works on new posts at work on IE6, but at home on firefox or IE7 nowt.

Brunty
17-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah what about the spoil button that doesn't do anything?

Is it the same as strikethrough?

EDIT> Ok so it does something - but it's not showing the text I wrote, I thought Derek was the closest thing you had to a butler - he hasn't got the IT skills to do it, shirley?

Brunty
17-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Ok.

On message above, the spoiler tag originally worked > Click here > The butler did it.

When I saw this and edited the text it now shows the tags instead.

What's going on?

BraindG
17-11-2006, 11:35 AM
aye, thats still work in progress :evilgrin:

Brunty
17-11-2006, 11:50 AM
aye, thats still work in progress :evilgrin:

Interesting. I feel an idea for a new thread/game formulating! :afro:

bigsed
20-11-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a couple of issues if you can help.
Videos won't play for me, I have tried on two xp pcs one with a proxy one without and they wont play (file not found), is there a specific codec required?

Also the newsletter fails to load (account suspended).

Thanks

BraindG
20-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks BigSed, ill look into them, thanks for bringing to my attention.

bigsed
22-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Vids now seem to be ok for me again. :happy:
No work this afternoon for me!

BraindG
22-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Vids now seem to be ok for me again. :happy:
No work this afternoon for me!
oh aye.. forgot to update the thread sorry!!

glad you noticed..

Thanks

Wodjno
22-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Not allowed to play Orca Slap or Chopper 2 :2thumbsup

BraindG
22-11-2006, 02:59 PM
yeah, cos they are along with other games going to be level 2 of the arcade, with higher jackpots.

Wodjno
22-11-2006, 03:29 PM
yeah, cos they are along with other games going to be level 2 of the arcade, with higher jackpots.

Level 2 ?? How do you get to level 2 Barry ??

SGHOM
22-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Level 2 ?? How do you get to level 2 Barry ??

you have to be intelligent ?? /pan /pan :evilgrin:

:iloveyou:

Wodjno
22-11-2006, 03:35 PM

So whats the point in having a Level 2 on this site then :inquisiti

BraindG
22-11-2006, 03:36 PM

looking at yesterdays quiz results, thats you out then!

richy rich
22-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Barry, I am having to post under Richys as I have no access to threads, Pms or even to be able to log out using FF ( I am using IE to do this but daren't log in as me or I may be stuck on that one too).

I have got a window in the middle of my screan that says "Your usergroup does not have permission to purchase vbPlaza Options."
And if I try to log out all I get is "One or more of your options have expired. You will be redirected to see which options have expired." then it returns to the previous screan.

I have sent you an e.mail on the subject.... before I had the brain wave to log in as Richy on IE, so just ignore that.

Not sure if I have posted this under the right thread .... but this is very annoying for me. Hope you can sort it out as I don't know if this is just me or other reg. users are having the same problems:2thumbsup

Lilly

Spirit
22-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Lorr

I have upgraded you to a full member - please try and log out now, then post here to let me know and I will remove this.

At least it may help until Barry can sort it