PDA

View Full Version : *****Japfest Update*****

Spirit
29-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Okay, we're in the home straight now....

1:Just ordered and paid for the last 2 entrance tickets and car pass INSERT INTO post VALUES (for Brind).

2: The organisers confirmed on the phone that the tickets should be posted out to the clubs this week - I will of course forward all of the attendees tickets onto them

3: The Club VR-4 banner for the stand is ready - see thread

So we have 9 cars attending - thats 7 VR-4's, a Honda and and unknown INSERT INTO post VALUES (unless Doc wants to post it here and tell us what his mates car is) - 23 entrance tickets and 1 track session for Chris that we are going to video.

Sounds like a great day in the making and only 18 days to go !

Pete

Brind
29-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Excellent!! :wiggle:

So how about the Tescos meet before hand and the little convoy the rest of the way?
Once we know what time we have to park and display we can arrange a rough idea when to meet.

I'm up for the Tesco meet, anyone else?

Il Dottore
30-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Ah, my mates car will not be showing on our stand....He's going to be on the MLR Stand, I just bought the tickets for him. If, and only if, it is a problem then I will bring my second car....I am definitely not gong to say what that is, apart from the fact that it is still a Rice Burner!!! If I do bring it, the Mrs will have to drive it.

Answers on a postcard to the usual address...

Phil.

Simon
30-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Ive posted directions from M4 to the supermarket on the forum "was this you". Ive just registered on this site im local to the castle combe circuit. Will there be any space for my VR4 on your stand?

Brind
30-04-2003, 09:00 PM
LMAO!!! :D Hey Spirit I sence a bit of deja vu here!!
I jumped for a space on the stand when it was made final before.. and now... :biglaugh:

Simon
30-04-2003, 09:09 PM
So..........is there space ?!?! We're going anyway.

Brind
30-04-2003, 10:27 PM
You are better off talking to Spirit, but we had to book tickets for the stand beforehand which was amended yesterday for the last time.

Spirit
30-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Simon

We only have 9 car passes and as such the same amount of space reserved - and last orders are done.

The only other option is if Phil INSERT INTO post VALUES (Il Dottore) wants to sell you the spare tickets and car pass he bought for his mate, as he has paid for them.

Maybe you could send him a private message and then let me know.

Pete

chris g
01-05-2003, 12:00 AM
As I was the 'Senior' member INSERT INTO post VALUES (see other thread) that mentioned Tescos Supermarket as our meeting point, I must thank Simon for his local knowledge and remind the rest of The Posse that the supermarket is Safeway

So as Simon said, dont go to looking for Tescos or you will end up in Swindon!

Thanks Simon

And Safeways beckons

Chris

ps my agent INSERT INTO post VALUES (Jan) will be there at JapFest to negotiate appearance money for the 'old fart on track' who will star in the planned motorsports video - and for the Director, Pete, I will try not to be a complete arse and spin off the track - poetry in motion will be the order of the day, and as some other person wrote......... pace, space and grace at CC...definitely a VR-4

Spirit
01-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Safeways it is then ! I assume the day will start at 9am so maybe we should meet at 8.30 to give us chance to get in and get set up.

Only 16 days to go !!!!

Pete

BraindG
01-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Its just sunk in what time im going to wake up, and get on the road... :sleep:

SUMMARY
Driving distance: 276.5 kilometres
Trip duration: 2 hours, 17 minutes
Driving time: 2 hours, 17 minutes
INSERT INTO post VALUES (average speed of 90 on motorway)

:eek:
means ive got to leave house before 06:15 :Cry1:

should be ok, but i think my mate is going to drop out now :D willy woofter that he is :p

chris g
01-05-2003, 09:15 AM
If we do not go for o/n stay, we might catch you on the motorway

What route would you be taking? M6-M5-M4?

Chris

BraindG
01-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Aye thats the one.. watch out for a blur and a shudder of your car :) i tend not to hang around.. :nono:

on a side note, the filming, im bringing my camera aswell, so can get to opposite ends of track.. for "Uber" coverage...
plus ive figured out how to get my bullet camera working on my sony, so wil lbe recording some footage of the drive down/back.. we could.. also, add this to Chris's car, for some on track coverage :p

Brind
01-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Total Distance: 105.1 miles
Total Time: 2 hr 04 min
Excluding pi$$ stops.

I struggle to get up for 9am everyday let alone drive for over two hours, :Eek1: :Eek1:

It'll be alright on the day..:wiggle:

PAUL
07-05-2003, 11:51 AM
I am looking to come to jap fest, wher are people meeting first?

Paul Kang

Turasman
07-05-2003, 07:43 PM
As a newl member, please forgive my ignorance but when and where is japfest.

Brind
07-05-2003, 08:00 PM
http://www.japfest.co.uk/

Welcome to the site.:)