PDA

View Full Version : D Service: Cost and Where in AKL?

Muppsy
18-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Has anyone done a D service. Aside from the mags, my ride is near on totally complete, and the first thing I wanted done was the Cambelt. Considering I know nothing of the service history of this engine, I thought I might as well go the whole hog for peice of mind.

Any Idea of cost?
And Idea or reccomendation for someone in Auckland (preferably the shore) to do it?

Cheers
Aaron

bradc
18-11-2006, 08:53 PM
I would take it to mitsi on the shore.

Gly
18-11-2006, 10:26 PM
mine cost a little under $950, all parts and labour included

that was camblet, water pump, ac belt, alt belt, tensioner, and a comple of other bearing/pully wheel thingies.

eagle automotive, in manukau, corner of ryan place and cavendish drive.

very helpful guys, clean as workshop,
was ready when they said it would be.

Subaru ETA
18-11-2006, 11:33 PM
mitsi charge just over $1100 to do the vr4 cambelt just coz its mor difficult to do than the non turbo sohc. make sure you get the water pump tensioners and everything done at the same time. maybe even get cam and crank seals done aswell.
im not 100% sure on price coz i ended up doing it myself

mpau009
19-11-2006, 12:38 AM
I used these guys in west auckland for my STR cambelt and plugs a couple of years ago, they did a really good job for a decent price. And most of their mechanics are ex Kirk Motors Mitsubishi. Id use them again for the engine stuff, dont know about AYC though..

In my experience, you dont really get any better service at mitsi, i seem to always get the junior guys working on my car. And after watching them bumble through changing my diff oils, i dont really trust Auckland motors as much any more. The only reason i go there is to keep my mechanical insurance current, and i guess it looks better on the service history.

http://www.yellow.co.nz/site/mikejacksonvehicleservicing/