PDA

View Full Version : Map ecu

Paul C
19-11-2006, 09:31 PM
is anyone using one of these and if so are they worth it. Looking for something like this to remove the airflow meter.Any recommendations would be great

Thanks

Paul c

Nutter_John
19-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Enigma ( BDA ) and I think Zentac use them , did consider one myself but too much like hard work for me :D

Nick Mann
19-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm sure a couple of people have used them. I think BDA (now Enigma) and Zentac have both used them, but I've got a feeling there are more people than that?

/edit - beaten by less than 60 seconds!! Dag nam it!

Paul C
19-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Enigma ( BDA ) and I think Zentac use them , did consider one myself but too much like hard work for me :D

Dont they have 5 wires and a self tune mode? just looking to get a bigger airflow and to remove a potential fault. i feel that with thes cars the only things that fail are the sensors that are supposed to detect faults/imperfections

zentac
19-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I was going to run one but didnt in the end. Dave still is though.

bradc
20-11-2006, 03:23 AM
Kenneth might be able to help too, I've messaged him to look at this thread

Eurospec
20-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I've used them quite a bit, our Garage is the UK dealer for them.

Its not quite as simple as 5 wires and self learn though.

In NA applications we have seen gains of upto 20bhp, in turbo applications with supporting mods one has gone over +100bhp. (i'm not saying you get 100 from the map ecu, i'm saying because you can control the fuel you can take advange of the other mods and keep tweaking the fuel till you get what you want.)

You have connections for AIT, Barro, Air Flow in and out, Power, Earth x 2, O2 sensor, rpm and TPS.

Once you have got the initial set up done, then put it in self learn and explore the full map. When that is done, you will have a starting place from which you map by conventional means.

A WBO2 is essential for this.

Cheers,

Ben.

Paul C
20-11-2006, 08:30 PM
thanks for the replies. Where is this garage that is the uk dealer i might be interested in them supplying me one. i'm not really after any major gains just the ability to fit a larger intake and away with maf sensor

zentac
20-11-2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.eurospec2000.co.uk

enigma
23-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I've used them quite a bit, our Garage is the UK dealer for them.

Its not quite as simple as 5 wires and self learn though.

In NA applications we have seen gains of upto 20bhp, in turbo applications with supporting mods one has gone over +100bhp. (i'm not saying you get 100 from the map ecu, i'm saying because you can control the fuel you can take advange of the other mods and keep tweaking the fuel till you get what you want.)

You have connections for AIT, Barro, Air Flow in and out, Power, Earth x 2, O2 sensor, rpm and TPS.

Once you have got the initial set up done, then put it in self learn and explore the full map. When that is done, you will have a starting place from which you map by conventional means.

A WBO2 is essential for this.

Cheers,

Ben.

The self learn function is poor. I have written a utility that in conjunction with some software modifications from the manufacturer allows extended log files to be used to generate a much more precise base map. The self learn feature will fill in a cell when it is hit once and lock it. Using my tool it constantly updates the cell every time you visit it to ensure that you end up with a nice smooth map. As Ben says from there on in you have to change the map based on the WB feedback, again something that I can easily do with my tool.

Been running with No MAF for 6 months or more but the differences are negligable as I already had an emanage fitted to sort the fuelling out. It does allow far more flexibility with Turbo options though. Could easily have run Richs single turbo conversion with the MAP ECU which would have alleviated some of the space limitations we had, and a twin turbo conversion would be a doddle as you wouldn't need the silly Y piece to commect to the MAF.

enigma
23-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Some pics

enigma
23-11-2006, 05:31 PM
thanks for the replies. Where is this garage that is the uk dealer i might be interested in them supplying me one. i'm not really after any major gains just the ability to fit a larger intake and away with maf sensor

If you need any help give me a shout....................

Eurospec
24-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Egnigma, was it you who wrote the log-map program then?

It is a lot better than just straight self learn.
I've done them both ways but you still have to finish the map manually.

Richard thanks for the link:happy:

Our web page is way out of date now (even the phone no is wrong- now its 01483 234 879) and it doesnt have any map ecu info, but if you call me or Mark then we can take you through it.

We retail them as the unit and software only if you prefer to fit and tune yourself.

Cheers,

Ben.

enigma
24-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Egnigma, was it you who wrote the log-map program then?

Yep, if you are talking about the Excel download from performance motor research.

zentac
24-11-2006, 07:01 PM
no probs ben.

bernmc
28-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Using my tool it constantly updates the cell every time you visit it to ensure that you end up with a nice smooth map. As Ben says from there on in you have to change the map based on the WB feedback, again something that I can easily do with my tool.

That's quite a tool you have there... is it a big one :evilgrin:?

I don't think mine's that versatile - you've gone and made me feel inadequate :|

enigma
28-11-2006, 09:05 PM
That's quite a tool you have there... is it a big one :evilgrin:?

Its not quantity, its quality. What it doesdo is let me produce the airflow characteristics for the stock MAF though.

bradc
28-11-2006, 11:50 PM
cool graph :)