PDA

View Full Version : vbPlaza: Questions

BraindG
21-11-2006, 03:08 PM
All Questions regarding the new vbPlaza addition should be asked here.

WildCards
21-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Sorry Barry, posted by mistake in the other closed thread. I've deleted it.

I get this when clicking on vbPlaza in the top menu

"Your usergroup does not have permission to purchase vbPlaza Options."

Spirit
21-11-2006, 03:51 PM
50,000 points for 20 rep points ? Seems a lot for so little ?

BraindG
21-11-2006, 03:52 PM
50,000 points for 20 rep points ? Seems a lot for so little ?
ive not sorted arcade scores out, but you could get that in a short space of time, and deffo if you keep top spot on arcade for a duration.

BraindG
21-11-2006, 03:55 PM
"Your usergroup does not have permission to purchase vbPlaza Options."

Oopsie forgot about committee... try now.

Spirit
21-11-2006, 03:55 PM
ive not sorted arcade scores out, but you could get that in a short space of time, and deffo if you keep top spot on arcade for a duration.

Ahhh, ok coolio :2thumbsup

BraindG
21-11-2006, 03:59 PM
For example: if you are New Arcade Champion you get 2000 points, and think im going to do 500 points per top score. the arcade scores reset each month aswell.

i cant say to much about where the points come from, but major points can be gained from arcade, and a couple undisclosed areas of the forum.

Alex
21-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Is this really as complicated as it sounds??

So far i feel a bout of technophobia coming on...... /help

Spirit
22-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Just noticed that members play the arcade for free but committee members have to pay......not sure which one is wrong Barry ?

Alex
22-11-2006, 12:28 AM
How do you earn points in the arcade? I've been playing various things, but only seemed to have earned 1 point - is this right?

BraindG
22-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Just noticed that members play the arcade for free but committee members have to pay......not sure which one is wrong Barry ?
yeah, we testing it mate :)

sorry, had to rebuild pc since last post it totally died on me..

bear with me!

BraindG
22-11-2006, 12:35 AM
How do you earn points in the arcade? I've been playing various things, but only seemed to have earned 1 point - is this right?
yeah earn points in a few ways in the arcade
1) winning, i.e. getting top score - when it goes live for you guys, you will notice the jackpot increase for each failed attempt to beat the highscore.. the minute one person beats it, that jackpot is yours (well the person that beats the highscore)

2) being top of leaderboard

BraindG
22-11-2006, 12:37 AM
yeah, we testing it mate :)

sorry, had to rebuild pc since last post it totally died on me..

bear with me!
p.s. how you notice that? you shouldnt have been able to know that :inquisiti

Alex
22-11-2006, 12:38 AM
yeah earn points in a few ways in the arcade
1) winning, i.e. getting top score - when it goes live for you guys, you will notice the jackpot increase for each failed attempt to beat the highscore.. the minute one person beats it, that jackpot is yours (well the person that beats the highscore)

2) being top of leaderboard

I'll just have to try harder then, won't I :)

Spirit
22-11-2006, 12:39 AM
p.s. how you notice that? you shouldnt have been able to know that :inquisiti

Ahh, well I was just doing a revised list of members benefits, and was looking at the "Registered" vs "Members" options in admin via the "Usergroup" manager :evilgrin:

BraindG
22-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Ahh, well I was just doing a revised list of members benefits, and was looking at the "Registered" vs "Members" options in admin via the "Usergroup" manager :evilgrin:
:happy: nosey :) nps

Nick VR4
22-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Had this since the game was added

Your usergroup is not allowed to play any game from that category.:speechles:speechles

BraindG
22-11-2006, 10:28 AM
yeah its part of what im doing...

youll be able to buy a pass to level 2 of the arcade.. where there are higher jackpots to be won :2thumbsup

should be done today.

Nutter_John
22-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Hmm worked out you get a set number of points for every post as well , now shall i just start posting crap all over the place - ah i do already :D

BraindG
22-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Hmm worked out you get a set number of points for every post as well , now shall i just start posting crap all over the place - ah i do already :D
ah - but there are limits to when you get points :) - i.e. a min char lenght :evilgrin:

Nutter_John
22-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Yep worked that out as well , just talk more crap then , IE like making a short post into a very long one by just typing lots and lots of extra bits that aren't really needed . I sure I will work out the balance between crap out and points then I could just paste a standard amount of rubbish at the end of a post so that my points go up and up and up and up , hmmm I seem to be rambling on here wonder why :D he he

BraindG
22-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Yep worked that out as well , just talk more crap then , IE like making a short post into a very long one by just typing lots and lots of extra bits that aren't really needed . I sure I will work out the balance between crap out and points then I could just paste a standard amount of rubbish at the end of a post so that my points go up and up and up and up , hmmm I seem to be rambling on here wonder why :D he he
you work in IT dont you? - thats how i fill out my documentation.,

Nutter_John
22-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Yep I'm in the worse side of IT , IT management so I really do know how to fill the a document up with lots of crap that has no need to be there other than to make a document longer or to make the reader stop reading and just say yeah thats fine .

IT is the best place to work , you can get away with doing very little and get paid a good amount of money for doing , not that i would do anything like that I work very very hard for my money , now what time did I book the gold course for :D

Nick VR4
22-11-2006, 11:06 AM
yeah its part of what im doing...

youll be able to buy a pass to level 2 of the arcade.. where there are higher jackpots to be won :2thumbsup

should be done today.

Ok thanks for the info :2thumbsup

Kieran
22-11-2006, 10:58 PM
ah - but there are limits to when you get points :) - i.e. a min char lenght :evilgrin:

I'll be okay then! :book: :book: /Devil5

Wodjno
23-11-2006, 12:09 AM
I'll be okay then! :book: :book: /Devil5
Eh !

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I agree K will be fine infact last time I checked he was leader of the vbplaza points , the more words you type in a reply the more points you get , so let me give you a little example --------- if you fill your replies with useless ramblings then you get more points . So if you consider that Kieran responds extremly verbosely when he replies to posts then his word count per post will be very high thus giving him a very high points rating per post . Now you may be wondering why I have just typed all this stuff to explain some thing simple , well the answer is

that I wanted to increase my score :D

ANTHONY
23-11-2006, 12:17 AM
i'l have some of that.

I agree K will be fine infact last time I checked he was leader of the vbplaza points , the more words you type in a reply the more points you get , so let me give you a little example --------- if you fill your replies with useless ramblings then you get more points . So if you consider that Kieran responds extremly verbosely when he replies to posts then his word count per post will be very high thus giving him a very high points rating per post . Now you may be wondering why I have just typed all this stuff to explain some thing simple , well the answer is

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi Anthony I don't think it is very fair that I have to type all that babble for you to just plain and simply playgerise my work ( yes I know the speeling is worng and I'm sorry before anyone corrects me ) . But This time I will let you off with a warning

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY ATEMPTS TO INCREASE MY POINTS

Sorry to have to do that Anthony but just could not leave it alone

:afro: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: /help :pimp2: :thinking: :baby: :speechles /pan :5shots: :zzz: :party3: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

:D:D wonder how many this will get ;)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\

ANTHONY
23-11-2006, 12:28 AM
lol..

Paul Beazer
23-11-2006, 01:40 PM
what is this vbplaza?

BraindG
23-11-2006, 02:01 PM
what is this vbplaza?
Still lots to configure, but heres (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20468) a basic outline

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Barry why is it that other people can see the item i purchased but I can't ?

WildCards
23-11-2006, 03:03 PM

because your a homo

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 03:07 PM
because your a homo

/Handbag /Handbag /Handbag ok big boy /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag

WildCards
23-11-2006, 03:08 PM
/Handbag /Handbag /Handbag ok big boy /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag

/lol :iloveyou:

I've even added that phrase to my signature now, it seems to be my stock response to most questions, so it'll save me time in the long run.

BraindG
23-11-2006, 03:25 PM
not sure what you mean?

You buy a gift for someone, then cant see it?

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Barry I purchased the flashing / glowing user name option for my self but in the side pain i only see it as the normal blue

for instance wildcards has a green one now

Spirit
23-11-2006, 03:46 PM
We can see it John :2thumbsup

BraindG
23-11-2006, 03:47 PM
ah, you put in a name, needs to be html colours. i.e. #FF0000

ill update it so ppl know.

BraindG
23-11-2006, 03:48 PM
We can see it John :2thumbsup
hehe, wind up merchant :afro:

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Gee thanks , so helpfull Pete :D

BraindG
23-11-2006, 03:51 PM
p.s. changed it for you lol...

Spirit
23-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Gee thanks , so helpfull Pete :D

I am........is that what you wanna see ?

BraindG
23-11-2006, 03:55 PM
cos i just changed it lol :scholar:

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Yep but I still don't see it /boohoo

Nick VR4
23-11-2006, 04:07 PM
I did the underline user name dunno if it worked :speechles:speechles

Spirit
23-11-2006, 04:11 PM
cos i just changed it lol :scholar:

Eerr....I'm sure it was that colour earlier today already

Nick VR4
23-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Eerr....I'm sure it was that colour earlier today already

Nutter_John (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/member.php?u=2306)

Looks the same to me :speechles:speechles

BraindG
23-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Yep but I still don't see it /boohoo
I see your username change.. hmmm, try a shift/F5? Ive gone through all the settings again, and im pretty convinced the cvr4 members group can view these username changes.

Paul Beazer
23-11-2006, 10:36 PM
He's lost his red surround now!!

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I can see it in ie6 but not firefox , strange

Spirit
23-11-2006, 11:10 PM
He's lost his red surround now!!

Still got a red surround on my screen

thecustomer
23-11-2006, 11:35 PM
i'l have some of that.

Oh, so that's what all this is about.... let's get professional about babbling then: what will 1000 characters of lorem ipsum (http://www.lipsum.com/) do for my score?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Mauris mollis risus sed metus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Donec tincidunt lacinia justo. Suspendisse velit. Pellentesque ac nisi. Maecenas non magna ut ipsum vestibulum semper. Fusce elementum blandit est. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Cras bibendum. Suspendisse urna. Sed convallis, odio non pellentesque pretium, arcu orci feugiat quam, non pharetra ante nisi a urna. Mauris tincidunt ante sed urna. Aenean venenatis nibh sit amet risus lobortis elementum. Proin feugiat justo aliquet ipsum. Phasellus molestie elit vel quam. Aliquam pretium fermentum nisi. Etiam et risus nec massa tempus suscipit. Nulla facilisi. Nullam eu massa.

Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos hymenaeos. Nulla imperdiet leo. Nam neque dolor, pharetra sed, lacinia tincidunt, ultricies non, nisi. Mauris a diam non velit lacinia luctus. Suspendisse turpis neque, gravida sed, feugiat ut, gravida sed, leo. Quisque dictum elit eget neque. Morbi pede tortor, cursus non, tempor et, congue suscipit, odio. Pellentesque vel

Paul Beazer
23-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Ditto, FF no no

thecustomer
23-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh, so that's what all this is about.... let's get professional about babbling then: what will 1000 characters of lorem ipsum (http://www.lipsum.com/) do for my score?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Mauris mollis risus sed metus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Donec tincidunt lacinia justo. Suspendisse velit. Pellentesque ac nisi. Maecenas non magna ut ipsum vestibulum semper. Fusce elementum blandit est. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Cras bibendum. Suspendisse urna. Sed convallis, odio non pellentesque pretium, arcu orci feugiat quam, non pharetra ante nisi a urna. Mauris tincidunt ante sed urna. Aenean venenatis nibh sit amet risus lobortis elementum. Proin feugiat justo aliquet ipsum. Phasellus molestie elit vel quam. Aliquam pretium fermentum nisi. Etiam et risus nec massa tempus suscipit. Nulla facilisi. Nullam eu massa.

Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos hymenaeos. Nulla imperdiet leo. Nam neque dolor, pharetra sed, lacinia tincidunt, ultricies non, nisi. Mauris a diam non velit lacinia luctus. Suspendisse turpis neque, gravida sed, feugiat ut, gravida sed, leo. Quisque dictum elit eget neque. Morbi pede tortor, cursus non, tempor et, congue suscipit, odio. Pellentesque vel

226.20 after that first post....

thecustomer
23-11-2006, 11:40 PM
226.20 after that first post....

and 337.50 afterwards - so a max size post of 1000 characters adds 112 (IIRC)

Great game... now, what can I do with all these points ;-)

Nutter_John
23-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Sorry I think you are taking this game far too serious :P

/lol
and 337.50 afterwards - so a max size post of 1000 characters adds 112 (IIRC)

Alex
24-11-2006, 12:17 AM
What happens if you only have a reputation score of say 10, and someone decides to steal 20 points from you. Does that mean you would show up as having negative reputation? Because TBH I ain't got much I could afford to lose.

thecustomer
24-11-2006, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=Nutter_John]Sorry I think you are taking this game far too serious :P
/QUOTE]

Nutter_John, surely that's not possible!
:P

tig202
24-11-2006, 12:57 AM

Sry peeps but im going to have to be a point whore to see what im missing:thinking:

Loving that Lorem Ipsum site:afro:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent vitae lorem eu augue dapibus auctor. Cras tortor mi, ullamcorper sit amet, pellentesque eget, lacinia at, libero. Cras eget libero. Integer ornare dignissim eros. Mauris dictum massa et ipsum. Nulla facilisis, justo venenatis pretium tincidunt, odio dui porta ipsum, eu rutrum nisi mi sit amet nulla. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Etiam lobortis dolor at nisi. Suspendisse et nisi. Mauris dui nibh, faucibus non, vestibulum vitae, tincidunt id, nunc. Pellentesque eget purus ac metus tristique tempor. Aenean leo. Mauris nisl tortor, luctus eget, auctor vel, lacinia quis, dolor. Ut dictum imperdiet massa. Nulla facilisi. Quisque auctor, leo non aliquam sollicitudin, tellus nibh placerat mauris, et sodales magna leo venenatis augue. Donec sit amet magna.

Integer sed urna eget justo tristique mollis. Ut commodo tellus tempus purus. Proin metus est, porttitor vel, vulputate non, luctus at, lacus. Integer laoreet mauris non ante. Proin vitae lectus sit amet neque aliquam rhoncus. Cras sed felis id erat posuere viverra. Aenean eget orci quis risus pellentesque cursus. Sed vel odio ac odio volutpat imperdiet. Morbi vel enim. Maecenas pharetra mauris non enim. Nulla accumsan nibh quis quam. Nulla placerat rhoncus neque. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nulla facilisi. Aenean nonummy, dui at elementum congue, urna ipsum mollis augue, eu interdum nunc lorem quis nulla. Nunc condimentum nisl ac tellus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nam feugiat, metus vel sodales vehicula, lorem est feugiat mauris, ac lacinia felis libero vel erat. Fusce luctus, risus in blandit adipiscing, erat sem consequat nisi, non aliquam mauris lectus at sem. Fusce vel mauris.

Cras facilisis fringilla ipsum. Sed nunc nisi, vestibulum ac, dignissim vel, dignissim vel, purus. Vestibulum eleifend rutrum diam. Curabitur nec odio ut magna pharetra elementum. Nulla eu purus eget libero euismod tempor. Phasellus sollicitudin. Quisque mi erat, molestie non, facilisis quis, pellentesque eget, velit. Vestibulum venenatis. Duis ullamcorper neque in orci. Quisque quis felis et eros luctus facilisis. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Integer ipsum enim, ultricies a, tincidunt a, fermentum sit amet, enim. Vivamus neque risus, sagittis eu, malesuada nec, tincidunt sit amet, tellus. Cras id lorem. Duis arcu erat, facilisis feugiat, commodo eget, sollicitudin id, mauris. Aenean luctus. Maecenas suscipit, ante quis feugiat sollicitudin, justo diam sodales nisl, et interdum turpis nisi sit amet elit. Maecenas ac eros. Aenean vel ipsum vitae sapien bibendum interdum.

g6acb
24-11-2006, 01:05 AM
not wanting to be a post whore - but I've just been booted out of the arcade for not posting on the forum today.... whats all that about????

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent vitae lorem eu augue dapibus auctor. Cras tortor mi, ullamcorper sit amet, pellentesque eget, lacinia at, libero. Cras eget libero. Integer ornare dignissim eros. Mauris dictum massa et ipsum. Nulla facilisis, justo venenatis pretium tincidunt, odio dui porta ipsum, eu rutrum nisi mi sit amet nulla. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Etiam lobortis dolor at nisi. Suspendisse et nisi. Mauris dui nibh, faucibus non, vestibulum vitae, tincidunt id, nunc. Pellentesque eget purus ac metus tristique tempor. Aenean leo. Mauris nisl tortor, luctus eget, auctor vel, lacinia quis, dolor. Ut dictum imperdiet massa. Nulla facilisi. Quisque auctor, leo non aliquam sollicitudin, tellus nibh placerat mauris, et sodales magna leo venenatis augue. Donec sit amet magna.

Integer sed urna eget justo tristique mollis. Ut commodo tellus tempus purus. Proin metus est, porttitor vel, vulputate non, luctus at, lacus. Integer laoreet mauris non ante. Proin vitae lectus sit amet neque aliquam rhoncus. Cras sed felis id erat posuere viverra. Aenean eget orci quis risus pellentesque cursus. Sed vel odio ac odio volutpat imperdiet. Morbi vel enim. Maecenas pharetra mauris non enim. Nulla accumsan nibh quis quam. Nulla placerat rhoncus neque. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nulla facilisi. Aenean nonummy, dui at elementum congue, urna ipsum mollis augue, eu interdum nunc lorem quis nulla. Nunc condimentum nisl ac tellus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nam feugiat, metus vel sodales vehicula, lorem est feugiat mauris, ac lacinia felis libero vel erat. Fusce luctus, risus in blandit adipiscing, erat sem consequat nisi, non aliquam mauris lectus at sem. Fusce vel mauris.

Cras facilisis fringilla ipsum. Sed nunc nisi, vestibulum ac, dignissim vel, dignissim vel, purus. Vestibulum eleifend rutrum diam. Curabitur nec odio ut magna pharetra elementum. Nulla eu purus eget libero euismod tempor. Phasellus sollicitudin. Quisque mi erat, molestie non, facilisis quis, pellentesque eget, velit. Vestibulum venenatis. Duis ullamcorper neque in orci. Quisque quis felis et eros luctus facilisis. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Integer ipsum enim, ultricies a, tincidunt a, fermentum sit amet, enim. Vivamus neque risus, sagittis eu, malesuada nec, tincidunt sit amet, tellus. Cras id lorem. Duis arcu erat, facilisis feugiat, commodo eget, sollicitudin id, mauris. Aenean luctus. Maecenas suscipit, ante quis feugiat sollicitudin, justo diam sodales nisl, et interdum turpis nisi sit amet elit. Maecenas ac eros. Aenean vel ipsum vitae sapien bibendum interdum.

tig202
24-11-2006, 01:06 AM
AHA, now im enlightened:pimp2:

mpau009
24-11-2006, 03:32 AM
not wanting to be a post whore - but I've just been booted out of the arcade for not posting on the forum today.... whats all that about????

/Grrr I reckon:inquisiti

Iv got a bunch of arcade titles, now wheres my pointees? gimme gimme gimme:happy::2thumbsup

Spirit
24-11-2006, 08:46 AM
:stop: with the cut & paste guys or HMS Kieran will no doubt be setting sail very soon :2thumbsup

enigma
24-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Whats the point in being able to change someones avatar if they can change it straight back again?

Kieran
24-11-2006, 11:23 AM
:stop: with the cut & paste guys or HMS Kieran will no doubt be setting sail very soon :2thumbsup

Indeed! The boilers are coming to temperature, the crew has been recalled, the diesels are set to warm standby, and I've just applied a final layer of Auto-Grim super resin warfare sealant!>| :operator:

BraindG
24-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Whats the point in being able to change someones avatar if they can change it straight back again?
im sure shelf stackers feel the same way "whats the point of doing this, the shoppers just take it away again"...

enigma
24-11-2006, 12:23 PM
im sure shelf stackers feel the same way "whats the point of doing this, the shoppers just take it away again"...

Its not quite the same, but I take your point! Is that the same for rep points etc? Are these things that we can buy only temporary?

If you can change your avatar back, why bother with immunity.........:thinking:

Alex
24-11-2006, 12:28 PM
might be a stupid question, but why is it called vbPlaza?

BraindG
24-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Its not quite the same, but I take your point! Is that the same for rep points etc? Are these things that we can buy only temporary?

Yes, they are only temporary, this is for fun remember, not for misuse.

If you can change your avatar back, why bother with immunity.........:thinking:
So you dont have to change it back? :thinking:

Additionally the plaza is still going through its initial set up period, and still totally subject to change.

BraindG
24-11-2006, 12:33 PM
cos ive not thought of anything exciting for it yet.. lol.

Nick VR4
24-11-2006, 12:35 PM

vb = vBulletin
Plaza = Plaza (IPA /'plaθa/ or /'plasa/) is a Spanish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language) word related to "field" which describes an open urban public space (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_space)

Hope this helps :2thumbsup

Alex
24-11-2006, 12:41 PM
vb = vBulletin
Plaza = Plaza (IPA /'plaθa/ or /'plasa/) is a Spanish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language) word related to "field" which describes an open urban public space (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_space)

Hope this helps :2thumbsup

Very much so thank you - thought there must be some sort of logic behind it :)

Alex
24-11-2006, 12:59 PM
What happens if you only have a reputation score of say 10, and someone decides to steal 20 points from you. Does that mean you would show up as having negative reputation? Because TBH I ain't got much I could afford to lose.

I think the above got lost in the all the cut and paste madness, but it is a genuine question.......

BraindG
24-11-2006, 01:01 PM

I think the above got lost in the all the cut and paste madness, but it is a genuine question.......

Its only temporary thing, and they will be returned after a set amount of days (not decided what yet though).. its for fun this addition, not for attacks.. so don't worry

enigma
24-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes, they are only temporary, this is for fun remember, not for misuse.

So you dont have to change it back? :thinking:

Additionally the plaza is still going through its initial set up period, and still totally subject to change.

Agreed they are for fun, and was exploring them as such. Just seems that some of the features may well be a little pointless.................

Also there is a bug ;)

thecustomer
24-11-2006, 02:07 PM

... and having had a *small* hand in the cut'n'paste experiment, can I make a *serious* point?

Is it a good thing for vbFieldinspain to encourage long posts?

Short, insightful posts can be more useful than rambling ones (How often have we seen a post like "Here ya go: with a clubvr4 fourm link "?)

is it possible to set the rewards to bump contributions, not waffle

Will

WildCards
24-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Also there is a bug ;)

Yeah, how come you've got so many bl00dy points? And you spent 15,000 last night. I think someones cheating! (Tell me how to do eeet)

BraindG
24-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, how come you've got so many bl00dy points? And you spent 15,000 last night. I think someones cheating! (Tell me how to do eeet)
I wouldnt worry to much, its still kinda in testing.. once we are all happy iwth it, ill wipe points, and gifts and we start afresh i know what Daves been doing, and im looking into how to stop it from occuring.

BraindG
24-11-2006, 02:15 PM
is it possible to set the rewards to bump contributions, not waffle

Will

Good point, ill look into it.. Theres a chance the "waffle" meter will be turned off anyways.

WildCards
24-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I wouldnt worry to much, its still kinda in testing.. once we are all happy iwth it, ill wipe points, and gifts and we start afresh i know what Daves been doing, and im looking into how to stop it from occuring.

:afro: cool :2thumbsup

enigma
24-11-2006, 02:32 PM

Only because I told you! :2thumbsup

enigma
24-11-2006, 02:34 PM

I stumbled on it and it seems some areas are more lucrative than others..........Not sure there is an easy fix though :thinking:

Brunty
24-11-2006, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=Kieran]Indeed! The boilers are coming to temperature, the crew has been recalled, the diesels are set to warm standby, and I've just applied a final layer of Auto-Grim super resin warfare sealant!>| :operator:[/QUOTE

]

There was no need to post that when "Indeed!" would have done - HYPOCRIT!

vbPLAZA Questions

Can the mods add to a users vbPLAZA points? If for instance we held a competition (like Physicians or the original pool tournament say) that existed outside of the vbPLAZA could the prizes be vbPLAZA points which could be added into that users vbPLAZA bank account?

If you buy gifts with your vbPLAZA points and pass them onto someone, can that someone take ownership of said gift and pass it on as a gift to someone else?

Does quoting someone add to your posts character count? If not what is there to stop someone accidentally incorrectly quoting someone to increase the length of their post? ;)

Do smileys (eg ;) :( and :2thumbsup ) add to the character count?

Can we leave negative reputation for people now? If not is theiving reputation points via the vbPLAZA not, essentially, the same thing? If we've got one should we not have the other?

Are members going to receive notification that the high scores have been reset in the arcade?

Is there anywhere Nutter_John can seek help for his vbPLAZA addiction or is he a lost cause?

vbPLAZA suggestions

I'm not too bothered about the vbPLAZA (although I'm hoping to get a stack of points for this post obviously), but I feel it needs to be set up to reward people for using the functionality of the site to improve the site. eg. rating threads, giving and receiving reputation, using the search function?

Hopefully this is the case as I would hate to see unnecessarily long posts rewarded and encouraged as this could detract from the site.

General Questions

Can you really use your virtual vbPLAZA points to buy a virtual dildo to give to your virtual girlfriend/bumchums/Wildcards?

:happy: :5shots: /Handbag :2thumbsup and :iloveyou:

BraindG
24-11-2006, 06:03 PM
ive answered in Yellow :2thumbsup

Indeed! The boilers are coming to temperature, the crew has been recalled, the diesels are set to warm standby, and I've just applied a final layer of Auto-Grim super resin warfare sealant!>| :operator:

]

There was no need to post that when "Indeed!" would have done - HYPOCRIT!

vbPLAZA Questions

Can the mods add to a users vbPLAZA points? If for instance we held a competition (like Physicians or the original pool tournament say) that existed outside of the vbPLAZA could the prizes be vbPLAZA points which could be added into that users vbPLAZA bank account?

Yes, this is possible - and worth considering.

If you buy gifts with your vbPLAZA points and pass them onto someone, can that someone take ownership of said gift and pass it on as a gift to someone else?

Nope, when you buy a gift to someone, they will have it for 24hrs from receipt, and unable to pass this onto another member.

Does quoting someone add to your posts character count? If not what is there to stop someone accidentally incorrectly quoting someone to increase the length of their post? ;)

not anymore, the character limit has been removed to prevent possible waffle-itus

Do smileys (eg ;) :( and :2thumbsup ) add to the character count?

As above.

Can we leave negative reputation for people now? If not is theiving reputation points via the vbPLAZA not, essentially, the same thing? If we've got one should we not have the other?

Paid members have always been able to leave negative rep. But no points are given for bad rep.

Are members going to receive notification that the high scores have been reset in the arcade?

No there is no option to allow this, but this will occur on a monthly basis.

Is there anywhere Nutter_John can seek help for his vbPLAZA addiction or is he a lost cause?

I beleive this is a lost cause, however after reading the medical times, we might be in luck towards 2025.

vbPLAZA suggestions

I'm not too bothered about the vbPLAZA (although I'm hoping to get a stack of points for this post obviously), but I feel it needs to be set up to reward people for using the functionality of the site to improve the site. eg. rating threads, giving and receiving reputation, using the search function?

The points per char as described earlier has been removed now so you are unable to collect points that way. There are things in place to give points, such as give rep, and so forth... But, i rather let you guys explore whats gives points, and what doesn't - As you have suggested pepople are rewarded for being nice.

Hopefully this is the case as I would hate to see unnecessarily long posts rewarded and encouraged as this could detract from the site.

this has been addressed, as previously stated.

General Questions

Can you really use your virtual vbPLAZA points to buy a virtual dildo to give to your virtual girlfriend/bumchums/Wildcards?

Yup, isnt technology exciting?! :2thumbsup

:happy: :5shots: /Handbag :2thumbsup and :iloveyou:

Thank you.

Brunty
24-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Only 24hrs for Wildcards to use his dildo - he'll wear it down to a nub!

Just incase - I've rated this thread a 3 and have given you rep for all your hard work! Well done Barry :2thumbsup

Alex
01-02-2007, 02:29 PM
How do points get awarded through the arcade? can you only get them once per game?

BraindG
01-02-2007, 02:39 PM
its when you beat the high score, and as far is i know if its low, and you beat it again you are awared more.. :thinking:

Alex
01-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Well I've just done that, and I didn't get any point :(

WildCards
01-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Only 24hrs for Wildcards to use his dildo - he'll wear it down to a nub!

Completely missed this! Did you get me a dildo Steve? Aww fanks mate :iloveyou:

BraindG
01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Well I've just done that, and I didn't get any point :(
K, sorry blonde moment!

That ponits system isnt activated yet, ive still not taken the vbplaze out of testing phase yet... once it does there will be points awared for winning, and also a cost inplace to play a game :thinking: or something.. ive not erally given it much thought recently (sorry everyone) been a bit busy,.

Alex
01-02-2007, 04:50 PM
No problem - just making sure I wasn't missing out :scholar:

BraindG
01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
No problem - just making sure I wasn't missing out :scholar:
oh, before i forget, you do get points for getting the arcade champion label.

Nick Mann
01-02-2007, 06:12 PM
and also a cost inplace to play a game :thinking: or something.. So how come I have to pay now to play a game?

BraindG
01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
So how come I have to pay now to play a game?
cos your in committee group which im using to test the facility :)

Nick VR4
01-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Just added a shadow on my user name cant see it :speechles:speechles

Brunty
01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Just added a shadow on my user name cant see it :speechles:speechles

I can!

Nick VR4
01-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I can!

Err why cant I see it :inquisiti

BraindG
01-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Err why cant I see it :inquisiti
Firefox ?

Nick VR4
01-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Firefox ?

Aye I use Firefox

BraindG
01-02-2007, 07:48 PM
the code used is only IE Friendly /pan didnt realise for ages /Grrr

Nick VR4
01-02-2007, 07:51 PM
the code used is only IE Friendly /pan didnt realise for ages /Grrr

Ahhhh ok let you off :evilgrin:/thankyou for the heads up

Nick VR4
02-02-2007, 02:18 PM
LOL must be thick'o mode day today

Just remebered FF you can switch to IE using rendering engine

SORTED /bounce /bounce

BraindG
02-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Ive also just noticed that if you have set up some graphics as a member, then drop to a registered user, those settings still apply.. /Grrr

jayjay99
08-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Just seen this area of the site, never really been to it before, I spent some vbBux to make my username bold but it doesn't seem any different, am I doing something wrong? I'm listed in the previous purchasers.

BraindG
08-03-2007, 08:43 AM
yah, some of them dont seem to work right - tbh, ive not really followed up on any vbplaza for a while, theres bigger fish to fry atm (figurativly speaking) - im not even sure vbplaza will remain on the site tbh....

lemme get all the other updates done, and ill come back onto this feature.

thanks for the heads up.

jayjay99
08-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Ok, cool, no worries :2thumbsup