PDA

View Full Version : LED Rear Lights

harrod7159
22-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know where you can get hold of LED light bulbs for galants?

They are easy to find for european cars with the bayonet type connectors, but the galant has the push fit type. Has anyone done a conversion yet? Any info would be great!

Nutter_John
22-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi There , I'm sure there was a post on this forum about a month or so ago witha link to a US site that was selling clustered LED's for use as a signal / reverse light . This would help people who have the altezza type light s which do not have a reverse light . Do a search for reverse lights on the forum and you should find what your after

Cheers and I hope it helps John

I-S
22-11-2006, 12:59 PM
You can get LED types for the stop/tail, etc. Look for 7443.

However, LEDs don't have the right light output characteristics and no LED bulb is E-marked (ie it SHOULD be an MOT failure). Please note this only applies to led bulbs placed in a housing designed for filament bulbs. Light clusters designed from the outset for LEDs (eg range rover) are e-marked and legal.

In practice, the ~20LED clustered jobbies could be pretty good (I've not experimented), and the quicker light-up time should be a safety benefit, as long as they are bright enough.

doherty
22-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Thought I'd seen it on the forum not too long since that these LED replacement bulbs didn't agree with the Galant. They cock up something else on the car. Check out the forum.

Martin.