PDA

View Full Version : Christmas presents for the other half

the_boy
16-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Right...............I'm in real trouble

I've got to get something for the other half and am running out of ideas.
Basically I asked her yesterday and all I got was a blank expression followed by the response "I don't know, suprise me" :bang:

Then I got, just don't buy me anything for the house!! Bang goes my idea of getting her a new iron :D . I started to mention it but thought better of it, when she opened up the knife drawer.

Clothes in particular would be a nightmare, as would perfume although I know she needs some new shoes. I'm pretty hopeless at shopping

Has anyone got any ideas or links to a good website?
I've heard there's one called , what to buy a woman.com apparently but I can't find it.

What's everyone else getting????? :Eyecrazy:

SGHOM
16-11-2003, 07:09 PM
dont get stressed over christmas shopping, It's easy. work xmas eve 'till 12.00, go to pub with mates 'till drunk !!, call in tackle shop on way home, say " she's about this size " [ get staff to model for you ] & get them to gift wrap !! :D :D
tell the wife on christmas morning, a lot of thought went into your purchase !! :D :D It nearly worked for me !! [ divorce pending ] :cool1:

the_boy
16-11-2003, 07:25 PM
LOL....nice one :thumb1:

Told her the other day that I was working Christmas Day, I only just made it :gun1:

Brind
17-11-2003, 10:29 PM
LOL!!!!

But your on your own Bud! :nono: :D
There is no trade secret and never will be, whatever you do will be wrong and whatever you don't do will be wrong so buckle up and prepare to grovel. :bow:

colVR4
18-11-2003, 12:10 AM
Two words....

....Rampant Rabbit!!:inlove:

enigma
18-11-2003, 08:35 AM
One word

VR4! :D

Kieran
18-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
One word

VR4! :D

No, that doesn't work:Cry1::D

Spirit
18-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
No, that doesn't work:Cry1::D

How about "wedding" ? Maybe then the VR4 will come naturally within say 9 months. Ohhh I remember the little patter of tiny wheels :D

Kieran
18-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Aaaaaarrrrrrgh! Don't mention kids! Even in a roundabout way!!!

/Sound of GLS reversing very quickly into distance accompanied by 'Back to the Future' style flaming tyre marks!!!:scared1:

Spirit
18-11-2003, 07:06 PM
:lolz:

the_boy
18-11-2003, 07:53 PM
It's OK I managed to sneak a quick word with her Mam whilst she was upstairs, apparently her Mam gets a wish list whilst I have to use the force :uhoh:
Got a few tips which should see me through without too much hassle

So that's Christmas sorted
Just got to think about her birthday now, 27th december!!

God just hates me, that's what it is.