PDA

View Full Version : who wants extra power

zedy1
16-11-2003, 08:39 PM
copy and paste the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2443032601

wirdy
16-11-2003, 10:24 PM
The wires look a bit puny to be handling '40 Amps'! The 'Tamiya' type connector on the fan is only rated to 15 amp.
I think I smell some bullsh** floating about.

Kieran
16-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Seen these before, under the guise of 'Surbo'... If you search on google, there is a lot of Bull Poo and lots of unconvinced peeps out there. 'Snake Oil' springs to mind, but if it's cheap, then maybe..........?:Ponder:

zedy1
16-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by wirdy
The wires look a bit puny to be handling '40 Amps'! The 'Tamiya' type connector on the fan is only rated to 15 amp.
I think I smell some bullsh** floating about.

the wires did look thin and its not cheap

wirdy
16-11-2003, 11:30 PM
I have an in-line fan ready to fit to a cold air feed, just to try and reduce the amount of cleans my air filter needs. At the moment my filter seems to hoover up all the crap that floats around my engine bay and ends up black within a few weeks.
A similar idea but mine will just blow a steady stream of cold air to just in front of the filter.
Will post when I've fitted it and any results.
P.S Don't pay E-bay prices though, the same fan is advertised on there for upwards of $75!!, got mine from:
http://www.jabscoshop.co.uk
look under 'blowers'

for the princely sum of £20 or so. Worth a try for that price, eh?
Be warned though, if you go for the 4 inch fan it shoots itself across the kitchen floor when I tested it....far too much thrust, so I sent it back and went for the 3 inch instead!!

zedy1
16-11-2003, 11:38 PM
the one which was on ebay sucked air in and came with hoses , i might give that a try too:D

calum
17-11-2003, 12:59 AM
you could sellotape them to the roof and use them as mini jet engines.

be more use there than they will in your inlet tract, that's for sure!

Calum

calum
17-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by calum
you could sellotape them to the roof and use them as mini jet engines.

In fact, big dave has probably done this to at least three cars already!

Answering my own posts - what a tw@t

Calum

enigma
17-11-2003, 10:33 AM
If I can persuade the company that makes them to do a metal version the jets may just work.........being plastic though I think they might melt!

I dont know where everyone gets the impression that I am mad.........................! :D