PDA

View Full Version : Apexi N1's

Rosco_NZ
24-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey guys, i got a full set of apexi WS N1 suspension (246-mo-12-R and 246-mo-12-F)
(sorry my noobness maybe they are just the shocks+springs, and other parts make up the "suspension")/Hmmm

anyway they came with the car and look in very good condition, the previous owner, (an older family man type guy) said they were on it when he brought it and he had them replaced with a set of bilstein ones. because the apexi's were too low... (they musta been really low coz its low as it is now!)

anyway im pretty sure they are fully adjustable (the apexi) and i got some special spanner things for them as well.

just wonder your guys opinions
should i a) sell them !! (im in need of cash), what are they worth?
b) fit the old stuff after a mechanic looks at them to see if they good? and adjust them to current height or higher if possible (my poor front bumber has taken a beatn)

im leaning towards option A) as im getting legster serviced next week and will be in need of coin after that. but if its a better set of suspension that what i got fitted then seems silly to not fit the best set and sell the other set...

but i can't afford to have the car lower than it is, the bumper will rip off coming out my drive...

anyway, looking forward to reading your replys:book:

ps what are they worth, anyone on here interested in them. will try get some photos up once my camera batterys are charged. (15 minutes...)

a speil of description for a trademe ad would be good too if ya wanna help a member out.:iloveyou:

Spirit
24-11-2006, 08:54 AM
a speil of description for a trademe ad would be good too if ya wanna help a member out.:iloveyou:

Sure there is plenty here to help http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_suspension.asp :2thumbsup

StunEm
24-11-2006, 10:58 AM
If you gonna put that suspension in your car then you will need to get your car certified
as it is adjustable (looking up to $400 for cert).

If you need the money then sell them. If you want good quality suspension, keep them.

Rosco_NZ
24-11-2006, 08:14 PM
i Assume but have no idea really, that it must have been previously certified for the N1's as they were on it at one stage.

I duno if that becomes void when they get changed.
the certifications are usually a pop-rivitted plate of metal somewhere in the engine bay? or is that only for engine replacements.

what do they say, assumption is the mother of all ....?

:afro:

Kenneth
26-11-2006, 10:02 PM
i Assume but have no idea really, that it must have been previously certified for the N1's as they were on it at one stage.

I duno if that becomes void when they get changed.
the certifications are usually a pop-rivitted plate of metal somewhere in the engine bay? or is that only for engine replacements.

what do they say, assumption is the mother of all ....?

:afro:

Cert plate is also sometimes riveted in the spare wheel well.

If you end up selling them, get hold of me as I may be interested. Well, I WOULD be interested just depends on price :)

Rosco_NZ
26-11-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=79212150

up for sale now, i really dont have much of an idea of price
just base-ing it on other similar stuff on trademe has sold for and what a mate in the know reckons (he wants to buy them himself so im skeptical..)

i figure they must be worth ~ $600 2nd hand as they are in pretty good condition. do have a little surface rust which should come off with a wirebrush.

hopefully someone will want them and i can use the money to for a service :2thumbsup and gas for the trip down the south island.

d i c k i e s
26-11-2006, 10:26 PM
intrested in deed, just waying up my options at the moment.

Subaru ETA
27-11-2006, 10:04 AM
very interested (my rear shocks are ****ed) got a special price for you cvr4 buddies? ;) i will be in welly over xmas so i can pick them up! :D

BraindG
27-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Moved thread to correct forum.

d i c k i e s
27-11-2006, 10:08 PM
thouhgt i saw this elsewhere...

Rosco_NZ
28-11-2006, 09:21 AM
I wont be in welly over xmas... :2thumbsup going to Lake Hawea!~@::sweethear
i guess i gotta be greedy and see what sorta interest the trademe ad gets. I found you could get them new from the states for about $2000 new zealand. afaik the model is basically identical, apexi world sports 246 somethingerather.
$1234ish US$ then conversions and shipping... ~$2000

so i think $600 is a reasonable price. for CVR4 if i didn't have any luck on trademe after a generous ammount of time i might let them go for $400-500 seems to be quite a bit of interest.

i jumped on the forum to check up on the threads and see if i can find some pics of stock vr4 suspension, because i think i was dupped when it was sold to me, was told the previous owner took those off and now had bilsteins on it, but i was in under the car with a wheel off last night and it was diffinately a mitsi damper but the spings were massive (maybe they are stock? i duno its diffinately alot lower than stock as d i c k i e s can testify :)).

anyway it makes me wanna keep them, but no way i can afford to fit them for about 8 months my budget just too tight at moment, and i ment to be getting a service next week too (hence why im keen to sell them to pay for it):(

d i c k i e s
28-11-2006, 11:15 AM
definately low... check back to this thread... our welli meet.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19074

i wanna take them of your hands rosco, i do! but im bit tied up aswell. i know if you can hold onto them til just after jan, i maybe be able to take them off you.

but yeah as u said. xmas around the corner. gotta get the prezzies and stuff and im off on holiday myself up north. so yeah? if u still got em in jan ill holla back at you.

Rosco_NZ
29-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Sounds good dude.

btw the sub i got off ya is going a treat :-) got it hooked up to a 2800w vtrek (read imported JVC) amp, which also powers some 550w 6.5" boschman rear door speakers. its sounding pretty good :-)

the fronts sound pretty avg now after upgrading the rear doors but they can wait.

d i c k i e s
29-11-2006, 10:52 AM
yup, tru mean bro!... might have to see this setup of yours soon.
did u intsall them all yourself?, if yes! i know who to come to when i get round to doing mine. hahaha

Rosco_NZ
29-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah did it myself, on a budget and all that :-)

Question:
Will these Springs (topic of the thread) or other coil-overs that fit into an 8g vr4 also fit into a 1988 vr4?

d i c k i e s
29-11-2006, 11:21 PM
not sure, but being a mitsi im sure it will.

Subaru ETA
30-11-2006, 08:27 AM
dont know about that but if they are wagon ones the rears are alot harder anyway...havnt looked under and old skool galant in ages so cant remember

Rosco_NZ
30-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Read on the great google-->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Galant_VR-4 states that the 1988 (6g) vr4 had Suspension — MacPherson struts (front), double wishbones (rear) while 1992-96 (7g) and 97-2002 (8g) has Suspension — Multi-link (front & rear)

somehow i dont think they would fit.

d i c k i e s
30-11-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah well, a few adjustments will need to be made.

OSiRiS
30-11-2006, 11:32 PM
What's your CASH PRICE if I was to transfer money into your bank account tonight?

I'm assuming at the height they are now that was how they were when in your car? If so, good. Looks like there is alot of adjustment still. Because I want to be able to wind my car all the way down when it comes to shows.

OSiRiS
30-11-2006, 11:45 PM
I have just realised, do they come with top hats? How are they going to be mounted into the car? :o

Gly
01-12-2006, 08:26 AM
you use stock tophats

Rosco_NZ
01-12-2006, 09:30 AM
the mrs says she wants $600 for them hence the TM reserve, since thats what i told her they were worth to me.... And since she's part owner/YMaster gotta take her opinion into account this time. for clubvr4 could do $550. would like to see if the auction gets any more attention theres 16 ppl with them on the watchlist, lurking... but who knows maybe they all cvr4 members... /haz

d i c k i e s
02-12-2006, 03:18 AM
well i can tell ya now, 1 of them is me! hahaha...

Subaru ETA
02-12-2006, 04:10 AM
What's your CASH PRICE if I was to transfer money into your bank account tonight?

I'm assuming at the height they are now that was how they were when in your car? If so, good. Looks like there is alot of adjustment still. Because I want to be able to wind my car all the way down when it comes to shows.

what suspension you got in your car at the mo osiris?

OSiRiS
02-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Subary ETA: TEIN coilovers.

Rosco: If you can drop it to $500 inc delivery to Auckland considering I have to buy standard suspension top hats then you have a deal :)

Ta,
OSiRiS

Gly
02-12-2006, 08:45 AM
id say you be VERY Lucky if you sold them for $600,
take the $500 and run!!!

i had the HKS ones on my watch list,
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=78525039

150$ was the highest bid,

they got offered for $200 and no one took them!

dont think many people are buying this type of gear this close to x-mas.
and not many people want to fork out another $350ish to get them certified to make them legal!

Rosco_NZ
03-12-2006, 03:06 AM
how much to deliver to auckland ya reckon? about $40 courier? have to talk to the mrs, i seen apexi n1's just the fronts in the same kinda condition for a skyline go on trademe for $450 so i think im not asking too much.

seen another full go for over a grand, looked a little tidier though.

mpau009
03-12-2006, 03:26 AM

Rosco: If you can drop it to $500 inc delivery to Auckland considering I have to buy standard suspension top hats then you have a deal :)

Ta,
OSiRiS

I should be installing those tiens in the next couple of weeks, then i'll have my factory setup with the stuffed shocks spare, so youre welcome to have the top hats if you want them.

Gly
03-12-2006, 06:51 AM
a set of shocks and springs weighs approx 17-18kg (that was for a set of teins with no tophats)

call a few couriers and ask,
posthaste will cost around $60-70 (over night)

Rosco_NZ
04-12-2006, 04:53 AM
Tell ya what ya can have them for $500 and ill pay half the postage whatever that is :deal2:

wish i could afford to put them in myself im sure they would be better than what i got. be really keen to see them on a leggy aye specially one going in shows :).

i got a funny squeak noise currently when i turn left corners and go over a bump, but i think its the plastic wheel arch things. be good to know for sure before i sold something that could potentially replace a currently dodgey part.

Subaru ETA
04-12-2006, 09:21 AM

Ta,
OSiRiS

will you be selling your teins?
they will be alrite on a sedan aye?

Rosco_NZ
04-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I should be installing those tiens in the next couple of weeks, then i'll have my factory setup with the stuffed shocks spare, so youre welcome to have the top hats if you want them.

im guess based on this post that mpau009 brought the teins of OSiRiS.

mpau009
04-12-2006, 10:42 AM
im guess based on this post that mpau009 brought the teins of OSiRiS.

1/2 right, bought some teins off Osiris, but not the damper adjustables in his car at the moment, although:thinking:

..no, no more spending money before xmas/pan:happy:

OSiRiS
04-12-2006, 08:54 PM
mpau009 is right he bought a spare set off me. I'm not sure what I will do with the ones in the Legnum at the moment. Anyone got offers?

Rosco I'll hold you to that for now. I'll get back to you asap as to weather I want the Legnum to sit lower than current or not.

d i c k i e s
04-12-2006, 10:13 PM
lower the better! IMO...

Rosco_NZ
04-12-2006, 11:45 PM
depends where you live, and if you value your front bumper, and BOV that hangs dam lower than the lowest bit of the bumper...

:thinking: i should take some pics of the front bumper and damage that has been painfully caused since owning her.

i take no credit for the scraps etc to the exhaust and other various low dangley parts. /pan

some of those hydrolics like the lower-riders have would be ideal solution.. just a bit gangster tho...

OSiRiS
04-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I know low. I drive low every day.

Rosco_NZ
11-12-2006, 08:55 PM
still interested?