PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds - Questions, Bugs and Suggestions

BraindG
24-11-2006, 07:39 PM
If you have any questions regarding the new classifieds area this is the place to ask them.

Additionally If you have encountered any issues, or have suggestions on how to improve the classifieds please do not hesitate to state them.

Have fun!

BraindG
02-12-2006, 04:22 PM
k, time to rock and roll

Hit me :2thumbsup

ciderisgr8
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi
Is it possible to transfer an ad over from the old For sale/wanted section ?
Rather than create a new ad. As I might have to take some new photos for another ad.
Cheers

BraindG
02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi
Is it possible to transfer an ad over from the old For sale/wanted section ?
Rather than create a new ad. As I might have to take some new photos for another ad.
Cheers
No, you'll have to create a new one sorry. Can't you just use the photos from the forum, save them to pc, and re-upload them?

ciderisgr8
02-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Just looking for the easy option.
Cheers

BraindG
02-12-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah, sorry about that :(

bernmc
03-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Only thing about a separate classified section is that new ads won't show up in the 'new posts' search on the forum (or do they?)

I never browse the forums category by category - just look at the new posts, so I suspect that I'll never see most ads.

BraindG
03-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Only thing about a separate classified section is that new ads won't show up in the 'new posts' search on the forum (or do they?)

I never browse the forums category by category - just look at the new posts, so I suspect that I'll never see most ads.
Yup, thats the idea. If your not looking to buy, or selling then you wont be "pestered" by them. :2thumbsup if you are looking to buy then you can visit the classifieds area.

BraindG
03-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh forgot to add i will be adding a "new classifieds ad" box on the front page (currently its dsiplaying an error)

Spirit
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Just been in there and loads of boxes with red crosses in them ?

Also, when someone has to pay how do they do it ? I assume paypal only and does it come straight to the normal address ?

BraindG
03-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Just been in there and loads of boxes with red crosses in them ?

Looks fine to me? :inquisiti ANyone else see red cross boxes?

Also, when someone has to pay how do they do it ? I assume paypal only and does it come straight to the normal address ?
No, the CVR4 classifieds is a means to advertise, the transfer of cash is done once both parties have agreed to purchase/sell. much, like the old forum I suppose, but better looking.

Spirit
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
the CVR4 classifieds is a means to advertise, the transfer of cash is done once both parties have agreed to purchase/sell. much, like the old forum I suppose, but better looking.

Sorry mate, I should have worded that better - I was referring to the £1 fee to non-members

BraindG
03-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Sorry mate, I should have worded that better - I was referring to the £1 fee to non-members
Oh, yeah direct to normal.

Spirit
03-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Looks fine to me? :inquisiti ANyone else see red cross boxes?

Like this......

uploaded/2/1165166798.jpg

BraindG
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Ah, ok.. stupid IE /pan - fixed it.

Thanks Pete.

Spirit
03-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Yep - all sorted :iloveyou:

timiano
04-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Seems a good idea, but 2 issues.

Is the classifieds section getting the exposure it needs? It has taken me about 3 days to actually realise it had switched over. Maybe me being a bit thick, but maybe others have just not noticed.

There's no way that I can see the area/location of an item. Plus, the profile link points to the application profile, not the standard clubvr4 one which does give an idea of the location, meaning copying and pasting into a search for members.

Thanks

Tim

Spirit
04-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Good point about the location Tim, maybe Barry can add this to the fields required to be filled in ?

BraindG
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Seems a good idea, but 2 issues.

Is the classifieds section getting the exposure it needs? It has taken me about 3 days to actually realise it had switched over. Maybe me being a bit thick, but maybe others have just not noticed.

Regarding the exposure, i did post several threads regarding the swap, perhaps not using an easy enough to understand title.. but they are there, I have also made changes to the front page adding in links to the classifieds aswell as a news article which again is displayed on the front page. Theres a sticky thread in the old for sale section, so.. im not sure what else i can do really.

There's no way that I can see the area/location of an item. Plus, the profile link points to the application profile, not the standard clubvr4 one which does give an idea of the location, meaning copying and pasting into a search for members.

Nice idea, i like it!.. ill start looking into this.. again, thanks for that. its a good idea. here have some rep.

timiano
04-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Cheers for that,

About the exposure, now that I know that it has changed over, its the most obvious thing to my eyes when I now log on. So go figure :). I think its fine as it is, probably me just being dumb!

timiano
07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Any chance of having email notification enabled by default for adverts you place. I just found it now, but would have been handy to have it on by default.

Cheers

Tim

BraindG
07-12-2006, 02:40 PM
This was on by default to start with, but it was causing me some headaches, and the emails were blank. it will however return shortly. :2thumbsup

vrfan
07-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Put in a Classified Ad just now, but as soon as I clicked to save it I got a 404 error. :shout: It did save tho, checked in MyAds - said i've not paid for the ad yet.

Also, to who do i send the £1 fee?

Might be an idea to add a link to relevant member for PM'ing or link to the paypal address for clarity.

MyTrustedVR4
08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi there,

I have managed to post a classified for the sale of my car; However the photos I tried to load with the ad don't seem to have made it.

I cannot see how to amend the advert.

Any tips?