PDA

View Full Version : Vtnz !!!

Xeroid
26-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Are a bunch of F...tards...!!! /Grrr

Had Leggie a year now and orginal WOF was from the dealer so I always suspect those a bit just in case they let something 'slip by' to get it off the yard.
So WOF was due, got my left steering rack joint done as recommended by our Mechanic ( recommend ADL in Stoddard Road - excellent !! ) and went up the VTNZ to get a 'proper' check, from the 'experts'. ...Yeah Right !!

Car went through ok....almost, all the worrying expensive things were sweet.
They pinged it because:

1. The spare wasn't bolted down, a necessary for wagons for good reason. I'd swapped out the space waster err saver, and had a full size in. Fair Call, hadn't thought of it , easy to fix and good idea.:2thumbsup

2. The left front fog light/corner illuminator had some water and condensation in it. Bit anal I thought, hardly a safety issue IMHO but not a major. Pop it out, open it up, dry it out, put it back ....No !! it's all sealed up, so how does the water get in ..? Dunno, so drilled hole in lower casing, poured in alcohol to soak up water, ran fan into it to dry it all out and put some sealant round a suspect corner and reassmbled.:inquisiti

So all that should be sweet when I go back

BUT THEN !!!

My lovely wife, in her perusal of the test results, comparing brake loads and stuff spotted my Tyre depth measurements.
RF 4mm, RR 4mm LR 4mm LF 6mm ....

WTF!! /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr
These are 3 month old 3000 km travel max D3's, aligned, balanced, and correctly pressurised. $1400 fkg $ of high speed, best quality rubber and these dip****s measured 4mm of tread left on 3 and 6mm on 1

So what are these idiots, rejects from Mechanics school, " Sorry you fail, go and work for VTNZ "

Ok, so they pass, but you wonder why you bother doing all the right things and taking best care of your car and safety when drongo's like them can't even tell the difference. Kinda lost my faith in the system, wait till I tell the team at Frank Allens up Albany about it, they'll go mental.

bradc
26-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Didn't we tell you about this in another thread :)

d i c k i e s
26-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Didn't we tell you about this in another thread :)
yes.. there are numerous of threads. DONT GO TO VTNZ

i had the same issue with condinsation in my indicator light. took it back to them, and they said nah.. can still see some more.

Kenneth
26-11-2006, 09:27 PM
My lovely wife, in her perusal of the test results, comparing brake loads and stuff spotted my Tyre depth measurements.

Out of curiosity, did you re-test the depth yourself to make sure this was incorrect?

d i c k i e s
26-11-2006, 10:33 PM
stop speeding round those corners.

Pescha
27-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Sounds similar to mine front wheels L 5mm + R 5mm and the back L 6mm + R 6mm only done less than 1000kms in them brand spanking new from the tyre shop, hubby reckons its where they put the tester lol... (I could think of better places to put their testers lol)!

StunEm
27-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Tyre depth measurements.

As long as you keep an eye on your tire condition,

Who cares what depth they say, since there is more than 1.5mm its a pass.
Have seen them not use depth tool and guess numbers by what they think it is.
:thinking:

Xeroid
27-11-2006, 08:49 AM

i had the same issue with condinsation in my indicator light. took it back to them, and they said nah.. can still see some more.

Ok, so WHERE do you go for reliable and accurate tests ? ( U 2 Brad )
Local Garage...yeah right ! ...next ?

I'm not interested in cheating, I want to know if my car is safe, happy to fix any real problems that they point out but when I can't even rely on them to be accurate then ......

The indicator light is just a nuisance, fixed now, kept me amused for an hour or so. I'm more concerned with their lack of consistency and accuracy.

Think they are getting me back cos last time I took Liz's car there when it did the rolling brake test on the fronts when he slammed it on it popped the bearings on the machine and broke it ... and he broke his piece of 4x2 when he tried to lift the front wheel to check for suspension play. It didn't move, this is a VR4, not some dumb bendy aussie junk metal shopping basket.

Rant over, I have to take it back in tomorrow morning to get the spare tyre security and light moisture content checked ....DOH !! /pan better be nice to them

bradc
27-11-2006, 10:25 AM
I take mine to Pitstop. They are fairly knowledgable and well respected for testing and stuff as well due to the size of their chain/francise.

I also know that they are enthusiasts and understand I want to have a safe car to drive at entertaining speeds, and they aren't anal like vtnz on things like condensation, slightly loud exhausts, etc. (you've heard my exhaust and you can imagine my concern)

Subaru ETA
29-11-2006, 09:04 AM
the reason that they cant get the tyre readings right is because they are mechanics who are too old and cant hack it anymore! hence things like eye sight aint so good anymore! plus they just take the fact that they cant get it up anymore on the customer!
North Harbour Ford do mine coz i work there! which is good oz it always a work mate doing it so they just say o yeah might want to get that done before next wof wink wink and i do it just so i know shes safe :D

Pete M
04-12-2006, 01:18 AM
The testing station I take my VR-4 to has a brake tester with a '4x4' mode, which I ask them to use. This tests one wheel at a time and the rollers each run in the opposite direction, so no forward motion is forced on the drive train. Otherwise the rear wheels are stationary, the front is moving, so the slipper clutch in the centre gets a hammering.

Xeroid
04-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Ha..!! this is Auckland, jaffa's don't drive 4wd's up here .....Yeah Right !! :thinking:

Subaru ETA
04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
saw you today xeroid! jezz your leggie looked clean! wanna clean mine? :p

KHK
11-12-2006, 03:38 AM

Oh! I am just thinking about to go to VTNZ

Xeroid
11-12-2006, 08:55 AM
saw you today xeroid! jezz your leggie looked clean! wanna clean mine? :p

Looks can deceive .... where'd you see me ?

It had just had a bath, not even a proper one, didn't finish with Chamois as I usually do. It does get a bath once a week though, goes a long way to keeping it looking clean. Usually do both cars at once.

It's due a full 5 step polish, do it over Xmas. 'C' service next week and then over hols will spend most of a day giving it the works with the McGuyiars (sp?).
Wash, cut, polish, wax and detail, tyres, rims, upholstery, carpets .... could be a few beers worth there.

That burgundy colour does show the polish well, nice and deep looking.

And looking better and faster with the Club VR4 sticker in the back of course.:happy:

Lucas
13-12-2006, 06:50 AM
VTNZ just put their WOF price up on monday. Now costs $48 !!!!!!

*cough*RIPOFF*cough*