PDA

View Full Version : Battery Terminals Replacement

d i c k i e s
28-11-2006, 07:35 AM
is it easy to replace them yourself? /help

im kinda keen to do it myself since i cant move the car anyway.

i found that both terminals are cracked! so i im thinkin could this be why my lights on the dash arent so bright? and why it cuts out and wont start again if i turn the car off after jump starting it? now that its cracked the car wont start?

Subaru ETA
28-11-2006, 08:51 AM
new terminals scre on bro so get some new ones first, then cut the stuffed ones off, take off some insulation and screw on the new ones! i say get the new ones first coz u wil see them and it explains itself

Robotnik123
28-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Have you checked the state of your exisitng battery?

The Exide or Champion 55D23LMF from Battery Town or Repco is the exact replacement part for a facelift legnum VR-4 by the way.

d i c k i e s
28-11-2006, 10:51 AM
okay, no this is for my other VR4. My 1993 Galant VR4... was going to bring it to our meet in welli but the gf and son wanted to ride with me anyway.

well the terminals only just broke this arvo. bout 10min before i posted so i couldnt retest the battery.

d i c k i e s
28-11-2006, 10:53 AM
new terminals scre on bro so get some new ones first, then cut the stuffed ones off, take off some insulation and screw on the new ones! i say get the new ones first coz u wil see them and it explains itself

cool cheers for that bro, might go look at repco or something tomorrow. trademe have some but cant be bothered going through all that hassel.

Subaru ETA
29-11-2006, 08:56 AM
happy to help :D