PDA

View Full Version : New Engine

BraindG
17-11-2003, 03:11 PM
im not holding out much hope for my engine starting again..

anyone know of any scrapped VR4's? Im just going to buy a new engine, cheaper and less expensive than fixing the (possible) valves....

the one in Cambridge is having a laugh.. 950 + VAT without the turbos.. but if I have to.. then i will..

or, perhaps who best to contact?.. i tried one of the database sites, you know the ones where they have a list of all these breakers, that are linked into a main database.. (i think) but they didn't have any...

haydar
17-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Saw a Legnum on a trailer the other day. It was black, facelift version, but it was in a very sorry state with what looked like a massive accident to the front left and left side. Chased the trailer but couldn't get the driver to give me any details about the car or where it was going??? Don't know why, but he just wouldn't tell me??? Just kept shaking his head!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

If it was going to salvage it should be surfacing soon, but what worries me is that it might have been a recent import (it didn't have any number plates ) with some garage about to fix it and then sell it as a pucka car, since in the UK it wouldn't be logged as a right off!!!

calum
17-11-2003, 08:44 PM
How'd you know it's the valves? Have you done a compression test?

Calum

calum
17-11-2003, 08:45 PM
just found the other thread - will reply there.

Calum

zedy1
17-11-2003, 09:20 PM
might have one soon :D
spoke to a chap with a fto mivec engine an he says the pistons are f11cked but the top end is fine worth a gamble for £50.00 plus £60.00 diesel

zedy1
17-11-2003, 09:21 PM
would the heads work on my block :Ponder: