PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get some induction?

Mart
01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey,

Yes I know I've only had the VR4 for 3 days, but i fancy some more induction noise. I'm having trouble finding where i can buy a nice kit from, that doesn't break the bank.

I like the HKS mushroon ones, and the blitz stuff looks good too, so these are what i'm after really. I also see there's a few HKS copies floating about. But I cannot find where to buy any from to fit the VR4.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Martin

PS. yes i have done a serach, but it didn't bear much fruit, apart from the fact that you all seem to have induction kits of various makes, so you must be able to get them from somewhere!

BraindG
01-12-2006, 12:54 PM
You could try some of these (http://www.racecarnewmedia.co.uk/hks/dealers/dealerdetails.asp?Country=UK)?

Mart
01-12-2006, 12:57 PM
DOH!!

I looked on the HKS site too, and never thought to check there!

hmm, now do HKS fix there prices across all dealers, or do we think one might be cheaper than the rest?

Martin

BraindG
01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
they are fixed... but i think members can get a discount somewhere.. hang on lemme check summit.

Mart
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM
'tis alright I've sorted it.

Just spoke to DP Motorsport in warrington (www.dpmotorsport.net). They will make me one including remotely mounting the filter where i want it if needed for about £80 using Simota filters. Apparantly this is the company who make the filter units for Apexi, and i had one of those on my Skylline and was very impressed with it.

Think i'll be paying them a visit tomorrow!

I'll share the pics once its sorted.

Martin

BraindG
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
ah ok.. cool..

where abouts are you based?

Mart
01-12-2006, 01:37 PM
slap bang in the middle of cheshire. half way between crewe and chester really.

Martin

BraindG
01-12-2006, 01:41 PM
ah, cool.. not to far then...
we really need to organise a nw meet sometime soon.

Mart
01-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Sure do!

I'm well up for that! Doesn't seem to be many owners in cheshire, think there's a couple in Chester, but that's about it.

would like to get together with others though!

Martin

Axeboy
01-12-2006, 02:15 PM
ARC box for the win!

timiano
05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Sure do!

I'm well up for that! Doesn't seem to be many owners in cheshire, think there's a couple in Chester, but that's about it.

would like to get together with others though!

Martin

I'm in Warrington and up for a meet!

Paul C
07-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Do you get a induction roar on the vr4 when fiiting induction kits. I had a bmc cda filter and noticed a induction roar on other car but not on vr4.

VR4 MAD
18-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Do you get a induction roar on the vr4 when fiiting induction kits. I had a bmc cda filter and noticed a induction roar on other car but not on vr4.

Hey Paul C, did you put the CDA on or did it come with the car. I've looked seriously at these and wondered....................any good?

If you put it on, how much did it cost and where did you get it from?

And most importantly, how'd you find it? Improvement??? Easy to mount/fit?

Not worried about all this induction noise stuff, it's improved performance that counts, not noise.

Thought the CDA might be less prone to under-bonnet temperature issues the 'POD' filter brigade suffer from. That was my main reason for considering one of these.

Cheers for your help.

:pimp2:

gonzogalant
24-12-2006, 09:27 PM
will this intake system fit the 6A13 engine?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/INJSP1845P

yea im a new guy here, so hey everyone!:iloveyou:

bradc
24-12-2006, 09:35 PM
gonzo, I would like to be able to tell you, but what is a Galant VR SE, does it have a 2.5l V6?

gonzogalant
24-12-2006, 09:39 PM
gonzo, I would like to be able to tell you, but what is a Galant VR SE, does it have a 2.5l V6?

Special edition galant, yes V62.5 6A13.

Paul C
25-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey Paul C, did you put the CDA on or did it come with the car. I've looked seriously at these and wondered....................any good?

If you put it on, how much did it cost and where did you get it from?

And most importantly, how'd you find it? Improvement??? Easy to mount/fit?

Not worried about all this induction noise stuff, it's improved performance that counts, not noise.

Thought the CDA might be less prone to under-bonnet temperature issues the 'POD' filter brigade suffer from. That was my main reason for considering one of these.

Cheers for your help.

:pimp2:

Sorry for late reply.

Didn't notice any performance gains and no induction noise maybe worth experimenting with something else as no difference with this filter.

RugbyPete
30-03-2007, 10:15 AM
There are LOADS available. I lik eBMC ones, but expensive. But when you think its gonn abe on your car until you sell it, it's not a bad price for a carbon shielded unit.

I don't like HKS or the mushroom blitz, they suck well, but thats cos they're about as useful at filtering as wire mesh!

As for induction noise, I took off the whole filter system, and its not even loud then (on the v6) so i wouldn't expect much, hence why I may just got for a filter element for the current ram air box

ralliart-type-s
01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
mine is running a blitz sus element on a custom maf adaptor which i made out of stuff i had in the garage, it even includes the lid off a tin of quality street and some self tappers and some tape and....................sommmmme...........

Paul C
01-04-2007, 08:38 PM
i'm looking to use the bmc cda again when i remove the airflow meter in a few weeks. then i will see if it is any good or not.