PDA

View Full Version : Simota induction fitted

Mart
03-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey,

Had my Induction kit fitted on saturday morning by the boys at dpmotorsports in warrington (www.dpmotorsport.co.uk). They use simota filters, who make the filters for Apexi, so they're really good units.

They don't have a kit for the VR4, but were more than happy to make one. I settled with a large filter mounted where the airbox used to be, I just need to make a heat sheild and some ducting now, but well impressed with the sound.

I did have the option of a cone enclosed in a carbon fibre housing, then mounting an intake elsewhere. This would give a much better performance, but not the sound. Looked gorgeous though!

anyway, i'm happy with it for £94, and the filtration level is really good. Don't think the carbon unit would cost more and looked eally nice too.

well worth a go if someone wants a new induction kit, as they will fabricate whatever you want.

cheers,

Martin

Ps. will try and take some pics tomorrow for you.

Axeboy
03-12-2006, 07:12 PM
You can get a heat shield for the simota kit, i used to have one on my old galant, you can buy it from funky product.

:)

Mart
03-12-2006, 07:20 PM
where's that then?

Axeboy
03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Here you go:

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/universal.php?subName=Filter%20Accessories&subID=81

Just noticing as well that they now stock project-mu and endless pads for the vr4.