PDA

View Full Version : Twin Exhausts

mart0398
04-12-2006, 08:38 PM
I've got a N/A 2.5 v6 and am going to have a cat back stainless steel exhaust made up. Could any of you that have twin exit exhausts, post up some photos of them from the back underneath please. The reason is that I would like a twin exit system made up, but am concerned about how far down the tube to the drivers side backbox would hang down. I have hit the sump guard on the floor before now driving down rough tracks, and god did it make a noise! I think I was maybe driving a bit too quickly.

I have done a couple of searches, but could only find a few pics

I have attached a pic of what i would like.

Thanks

Mart.

Nick VR4
04-12-2006, 08:42 PM
After a quick search :scholar:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20128&highlight=twin

SGHOM
04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
after a slightly slower search ? /Grrr

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2448&highlight=exhausts

mart0398
04-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, seen that one, but u cant see how far it hangs down very well. That one also has only ond back box.

Wodjno
04-12-2006, 08:50 PM
If you look through the thread you will see more links :happy:

I've never had any issues with my exhaust grounding out. And my car is lower than most :speechles

mart0398
04-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Damn too slow for WODJNO!

The only links on SGHOMs post are for pics of his exhaust as it was being built/fitted, and they dont work for me, but I had seen the post though.
I Have been searching since 5pm, for: Exhaust, Twin, Zorst, Dual Exit, Twin pipe and probably some more, and havnt found many useful pics :(

d i c k i e s
04-12-2006, 11:48 PM
bit small dont you reckon? gt something a lil bigger?

The Vee
05-12-2006, 12:10 AM
although the engine is now changed, the zorst is still the same one I had fitted on the V6 24. It never grounds(car is lowered) and is dual exit like your picture. It is single silencer, but flow is fairly even. Must have had it a couple of years now and has been faultless and is still low noise as requested. Done through SGHOM's people in Sheffield - thoroughly recommend 'em. Can't remember if there are any pics on here now, but looks very similar to Wodjno's under the back although the routing from the cat to the rear silencer is very different between the V6 24 and the VR4.

bradc
05-12-2006, 02:37 AM
have a look at my car in my gallery. the exhausts do come down very low in the middle beneath the rear axle, but I've never hit them on anything because it is right in the middle of the axle. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

richy rich
05-12-2006, 10:15 AM
in 18 months mine has never grounded

Nutter_John
05-12-2006, 10:15 AM
in 18 months mine has never grounded

But your a slow driver ;)

richy rich
05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
wtf has that got to with any thing gay boy

look at your rep as well

bradc
05-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Here is a good pic of mine at the back. It is only about 80mm off the ground.

Wodjno
05-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Damn too slow for WODJNO!

The only links on SGHOMs post are for pics of his exhaust as it was being built/fitted, and they dont work for me, but I had seen the post though.
I Have been searching since 5pm, for: Exhaust, Twin, Zorst, Dual Exit, Twin pipe and probably some more, and havnt found many useful pics :(

More links in the post by NickVR4 /pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan

mart0398
05-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys, I think I will have to have just the single exit. I can't see it lasting on my car hanging that low, (now Ive looked underneath it as well). We tend to have the speed bumps round here that are raised tarmac squares in each lane of the road. There's 9 of them just on my way to work! There are lots of grooves scraped into them from other cars.

I have been quoted £280 for a cat back system, finished with a 4" silencer like below. I Didnt think that was bad at all?

enigma
05-12-2006, 05:53 PM
The search button is your friend

Exhaust (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166&highlight=exhaust)

Wodjno
05-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Is your car lowered then ??:inquisiti

As you can see from this pic.. The right is no lower than the left :D

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4861&d=1114966876

mart0398
05-12-2006, 09:56 PM
No, its not lowered yet, but after the noise from whacking this bit of subframe on the road, I dont want to take any chances.
I dont really like the idea of the exhaust being routed under the spare wheel well.

Wodjno
05-12-2006, 09:58 PM
ok..

mart0398
05-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks anyway though. :thumbsup: You lot are very good at persuading. I almost changed my mind, and thats not an easy thing for people to do to me.

enigma
05-12-2006, 10:27 PM
I dont really like the idea of the exhaust being routed under the spare wheel well.

It doesn't go under it goes round?

Wodjno
05-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks anyway though. :thumbsup: You lot are very good at persuading. I almost changed my mind, and thats not an easy thing for people to do to me.

Persuading ??? Changing your Mind ???

You asked for information about Twin Exits and thats what we gave you :inquisiti

If you didn't want 1 in the first place then why ask ???

Regarding the Search facility !! I put in Zorst and pulled up 5 seperate exhaust systems showing what you were asking.. :speechles

Anyway... Hope you are happy with what you end up with :2thumbsup

mart0398
05-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Well, after looking on here yesterday evening, i had resigned myself to the decision that having a dual exit system would make it hang down too low for me, so I went for a quote today for a single exit system. Then when I got home and found all of the other posts offering more suggestions/links/pics, on this thread, I was considering having duals again. So much so I was outside at 8.30pm in the dark & rain looking underneath the car, taking pics.

colVR4
06-12-2006, 12:05 AM
I have duals on mine and would have no problems with lowering it. As long as any hang-down from the exhaust is in line with the axles and is not too low, you should have no problems. I will get some pictures of how low mine hang down as soon as I can.

dutch driver
23-01-2007, 09:36 PM
i got this 1 at home.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/MADeenski/v6-achter.jpg

here is other pic.
maybe this 1 is beter.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/MADeenski/18122006002.jpg

i must have more rrear pic's
if i found them i'll post them.

d i c k i e s
23-01-2007, 10:59 PM
what sorta increase do you get from having twin exhaust? besides the deep hollow noise sound!... (which i like alot)

Wodjno
23-01-2007, 11:19 PM
what sorta increase do you get from having twin exhaust? besides the deep hollow noise sound!... (which i like alot)

The deep hollow sound is not because of a Twin Exhaust /pan

It depends on how many resonators you have fitted(if any) also the size and type of backbox and tailpipes.:pimp2: And the route the Zorst takes :inquisiti

thehedgepig
24-01-2007, 11:49 PM
mine.....

d i c k i e s
25-01-2007, 03:17 AM
that makes sense!

bradc
25-01-2007, 06:58 AM
I like hedgepig's exhaust setup because the outlets manage to sit quite close to the body work, and it looks original :)

Twpsin
25-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Hedgepig,

What size are you oval tail pipes?

I was looking at going with 6x4 to fill the hole in the bumper yours look about 5x3.1/2

I should be getting my car back this weekend so will put up some photo's on a new thread

Wodjno
25-01-2007, 09:56 AM
mine.....

That looks ****ing Awesome Dude :happy:

The best Twin Set up i've seen so far :scholar:

pezza
25-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Yup it does look very tidy... Looks original. The Vee's setup looks the nuts too!

thehedgepig
25-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Hedgepig,

What size are you oval tail pipes?

I was looking at going with 6x4 to fill the hole in the bumper yours look about 5x3.1/2

I should be getting my car back this weekend so will put up some photo's on a new thread

I have no idea... but I will measure them tomorrow and let you know....

The work was done at Exhausts uk in Sheffield.....

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/

They offered me a drive in drive out service in 6 hours, let me choose the size of centre boxes the size of tailpipes and even what noise it made....

I opted for a removable cat system (Bolt in, Bolt out rather than welded in) with one centre box and a medium/bassy noise....

TBH... The noise it makes is TRULY AWSOME but does drone on motorways and holding a steady throttle, the wife hates it (But isn't that even more reason to buy one?)/haz

The plastic mould that goes over the top is a genuine mitsi item that cost £22 and I just heated it slightly to bend it more to the right to fit the line of the bumper.

It cost me £542 all in and a days holiday... Money well spent I think.

Wodjno
25-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I have no idea... but I will measure them tomorrow and let you know....

The work was done at Exhausts uk in Sheffield.....

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/

They offered me a drive in drive out service in 6 hours, let me choose the size of centre boxes the size of tailpipes and even what noise it made....

I opted for a removable cat system (Bolt in, Bolt out rather than welded in) with one centre box and a medium/bassy noise....

TBH... The noise it makes is TRULY AWSOME but does drone on motorways and holding a steady throttle, the wife hates it (But isn't that even more reason to buy one?)/haz

The plastic mould that goes over the top is a genuine mitsi item that cost £22 and I just heated it slightly to bend it more to the right to fit the line of the bumper.

It cost me £542 all in and a days holiday... Money well spent I think.

They look like 6 x 4's to me :inquisiti

I wanted these 1's in Quad formation :pimp2:

But they couldn't fit them at the time /Grrr