PDA

View Full Version : insurance renewal...

pitslayer
05-12-2006, 02:13 PM
right as some of you might know im 19, driving a 2.5 V6 galant, so got my renewal through the other day, was paying 1700 with bell(superb service do highly recomend) anyways renewal they want........2500 of my english pounds :inquisiti :sad3:
so i thought it might be time to sell the galant

then i got qouted fully comp again in my own name with 1yr ncb, no convictions, 5000miles, in an NP post code(high risk area) 400 quid vol excess and it came back with the following
AA-£3.4k
endsliegh-£3.1K
bell-£2.7k? gone up a bit
admiral-£2.2k
kwik fit-£1750.....(id never use them so dw)
simple cover-£882 WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!
how cheap is that for a 19yr old

Kieran
05-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Not bad at all!

Have you tried adding any relatives as named drivers? That'll bring your quote down ususally, but still allow you to keep earning NCB in your name.

pitslayer
05-12-2006, 02:37 PM
mum is named driver....but thats with euro cover and legal cover its with
simple cover.co.uk if anyones intrested, and trust me thats cheap as chips
would put my dad on there but hes insuring his galant, and a fleet of vans in work

Paul Beazer
05-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Interesting, im currently with RAC insurance and my renewal is £446, Simple quoted me £340, everyone else was £574+. I've never heard of simple before, so i would check what they're offering first. Try the RAC, i was expecting mine to go up lots following a claim and an SP30 (speeding) this year, but it was ok.
At first the renewal was £440, but they didnt have my AC10 (not stopping after an accident, long boring story) on the renewal, but they did have an SP30 instead. I was expecting the renewal quote to go through the roof when i told them i had an AC10, ooh £6 more OMG!!!!

pitslayer
06-12-2006, 01:30 AM
simple are norwich union, basically....but they qoute you happy lol

stupid posted this on another forum, and got slated for owning a galant, and having such high insurance for a 19yr old.......as much as i love vws, most owners are complete to$$ers when they can hide behind there keyboard

Kieran
06-12-2006, 09:43 AM
stupid posted this on another forum, and got slated for owning a galant, and having such high insurance for a 19yr old.......as much as i love vws, most owners are complete to$$ers when they can hide behind there keyboard

Let's see the link - we like a laugh around here! /Devil5

Rossco Type-S
07-12-2006, 05:32 AM
right as some of you might know im 19, driving a 2.5 V6 galant, so got my renewal through the other day, was paying 1700 with bell(superb service do highly recomend) anyways renewal they want........2500 of my english pounds :inquisiti :sad3:
so i thought it might be time to sell the galant

2500 pounds will buy you a nice 97 Galant here in NZ!

pitslayer
07-12-2006, 05:38 AM
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=321280&highlight=insurance

there you go, most of them replying on that are in "the in crowd"
im being serious here, basically they take the piss out of my punctuation and spelling etc, because there knobbers and think there better than everyone, when in fact there not

Paul Beazer
07-12-2006, 08:17 AM
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=321280&highlight=insurance

there you go, most of them replying on that are in "the in crowd"
im being serious here, basically they take the piss out of my punctuation and spelling etc, because there knobbers and think there better than everyone, when in fact there not

I've heard of Usk!

To be fair most of them arent too bad, i've seen worse in the past. Usually they end up on here to highlight what a beatiful and lovely crowd we have on here.
Old mans car my @rse!

bradc
07-12-2006, 08:24 AM
send them a pic of Derek driving his car showing his hair colour, then post up a 12.5 second time slip

:D

pitslayer
07-12-2006, 04:50 PM
lol see they would only send a pic of one of the street legal 9 second beetles....trust me there like that all the time, because im no longer in the in crowd....decided i didnt like being the same as everyone elses and you just seem to be lower than them

paul fairplay for knowing usk, i dont actually live in usk thow :lol:
basically i say i live in newport because no one knows where usk is
i say i live in usk because no one knows the little hamlet called llantrissent...its just down the road from usk but no one knows where that is lol

glynn
07-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Just tried Simple for an insurance quote, would like to have seen a reduction in price but not so, over £100 dearer than my current insurer (Budget) and thats with being an advanced police driver. Sounds good though for a 19 yera old with only one year NCB, i remember paying that for a 1 litre fiesta when i was 18!!!

The Vee
07-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Why has Bell gone up so much after a year of being with them??

Kieran
07-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Why has Bell gone up so much after a year of being with them??

It just goes that way with younger drivers. I think every noew and again they like to 'offload' the high risk drivers out there. One year my insurer offered a renewal quote of £903 for my Cinquecento Sporting when I was 19 - for no real reason!!:speechles

pitslayer
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
ive had no accidents on record, so for 3 years ive been claim free, no speeding tickets, fines etc so im pretty clean anyways....might do my advance driving test aswell tho

go through insuresupermarket for cheap qoutes ;) how i got my golf insured and the galant insured
did take a while for bell to accept the qoute as they kept saying it was an estimate lol

EDD
10-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Have you tried Adrian Flux?

pitslayer
10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
adrian flux are part of hic........or other way around....give good qoutes, but shaft you when you either make a claim, or you want your paper work to many horror storys to go with them :(

Throbbe
10-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Flux own HIC. Oddly, my experience is the opposite, nothing but praise for HIC (apart from hours on hold), but wouldn't go near Bell again if you paid me. Suppose you only really find out how good they are when you make a claim, and even then it's down to the individual handling it.

Oh, and /Grrr at the keyboard warriors. VW scene seems full of it. Annoyingly, most of the worst culprits are sound in 'real life'.

pitslayer
11-12-2006, 03:06 AM
yes teh vw scene is full of it, shame as i love the cars, but the people are just knobs when behind there keyboards,