PDA

View Full Version : Hello

probbo
06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Thought I'd better introduce myself.
I picked up my newly imported Legnum VR4 last week and I am very pleased with it. It is in silver and has 42k miles.

I'm not new to performance cars having previously owned an Evo 4 and a tuned Seat Leon Cupra R which was a very quick car but a bit of a handful being fwd! After these I bought an imported Isuzu Bighorn which was a great car but I lost a fortune on it when just one thing after another went wrong.

I always liked the Galant and had heard of the high performance VR4 although I had never seen one. After a bit of research on the internet my decision was made and I set out to find one. Hopefully I've got a good one.

I was pleased to discover Club VR4 after finding previous car forums a wealth of info and meeting other like minded people and I'm sure this will be the same.

I live in Warrington and am married with two sons aged four and two.

Paul :happy:

Spirit
06-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Congrats on the purchase Paul. I'm sure you'll love the car, and got any pix yet you can post up ?

You'll find loads of info on the forums, particularly in the members area (if you feel like joining).

Have fun :2thumbsup

Nick VR4
06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
/Welcome2 Paul and congrats on the purchase :2thumbsup

Lillywotsername
06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi Paul/Welcome

Great to have you in our little family. As Pete ( Spirit ) has said there is a wealth of info on here and £20 is a bargain for all the info you can find in the members section.

We also have a fantastic " Widows" thing going on on here, if you have an other half that wants to get involved.

Hope to meet you soon at a meet or something, or maybe just a small get together.

lilly

Nick Mann
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
/Wyhy

Enjoy your stay!!

Alex
06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi Paul, /Welcome2 to CVR4. Hope you enjoy the club. As Lilly says we are a very friendly bunch, and try to make a particular point of welcoming partners, and other souls abandoned in the name of the VR4 :evilgrin:

Would be good to see you a meet sometime :2thumbsup

BraindG
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
/Welcome /Wyhy and congratulations on the new family member :2thumbsup

probbo
07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the replies - very welcoming:d
Hope to get involved in some tuning and group meets.
First I need to find a proper service schedule and place to get it serviced.
I'll try and post some pics when I get chance and it finally stops raining!!

Paul

SGHOM
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
come & join us Paul !! :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20768

ritch_w
07-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Welcome Probbo - there should be a few members in your area, my last Legnum (sob sob, miss it sooooo much) now lives in Warrington!

Lillywotsername
07-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Take a look at WRD ( link on main page)

Servicing and work undertaken by our very own Richy Rich ( ok no jibes about promoting my hubby's work)

We are only just outside of Stoke on Trent and alot of the club members trust them with their pride and joys.

Just an idea mate but take a look at some of the threads on them:2thumbsup

probbo
07-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Welcome Probbo - there should be a few members in your area, my last Legnum (sob sob, miss it sooooo much) now lives in Warrington!
I'll keep my eyes out - what colour was it? I haven't ever seen one in Warrington before!. A very rare car which is one of the reasons it appealed to me.

Lillywotsername - thanks I'll bear that in mind

Mart
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
WELCOME!!

I was in warrington a couple of weeks ago to have some tuning done! Went to dpmotorsport to have an induction kit fitted. they'd never done one before, but know how to do it now. Tell them the guy with the green legnum sent you and get it fitted!

I live just 20 mins from warrington, its great to get more local members, we must have a meet soon!

i'm off to WRD this weekend for a service, they do come highly recommended, and you won't get cheaper or better quality!

Martin

Lillywotsername
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
i'm off to WRD this weekend for a service, they do come highly recommended, and you won't get cheaper or better quality!

Martin
be seeing you Saturday then Martin:2thumbsup

Kieran
12-12-2006, 11:25 PM

:scholar: Goodoh! Well worth the trip! (And they do cambelts too now I hear! /pan :embarasse)

Mart
13-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Rich hasn't said if he wants me saturday or sunday yet. what time?

bradc
13-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I think he wants you both days, all night :) Sorry but I had to say it ;)