PDA

View Full Version : Window not shutting...

BraindG
30-04-2003, 09:59 AM
was going to mention this ages ago...

has anyone else got a problem closing driver side window if you going fast that 70MPH? i think theres a pressure sensor somewhere, stopping it from closing if theres something in the way, in this case the pressure of the wind.

if so, have you fixed it? im going to try and figure it out otherwise, its bloody anoying.. I have to slow down to about 60MPH, close window, and boost off again :grrr:

Nick VR4
30-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Nope I have been doing +80 and closed the window ok
You might want to check the runner guides just in case there blocked or grubby

Nick

BraindG
30-04-2003, 10:12 AM
i should also have added, its happened to both VR-4's that ive owned :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

once INSERT INTO post VALUES (if) i get my car back ill check it out

Brind
30-04-2003, 06:02 PM
I have no idea if mine does it, but I prefer the air con to wind in my face anyway.

Hey at least it gives you chance to have a little boost again, at the expense of two quid in fuel though.:cool:

Spirit
30-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Not had any problems with mine - on the few longish trips I have done I have lowered myself to have a fag in the car :nono: - just flick ash out of window, and done this at all speeds including 80+ mph and never had a problem.

Pete

kammy.ahmed
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi there

I have the same problem and cannot close the window at 70mph+. I havnt had my car for over 6 months now!INSERT INTO post VALUES (gearbox):Cry1: so cant really say how to fix it.

EdmundVR4
09-05-2003, 04:13 AM
Same problem, although not every time. I think it's the wind that moves the window off of the track.

Spirit
09-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Just had a thought - my VR-4 has the window wind deflectors fitted, could this be why mine has no problems ?

Pete

BraindG
09-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Nope, my first VR4 had the deflectors, still did it.. now I have them taken off, and it still does it.. I recon theres just a pressure ensor somewhere, incase you get your arm trapped while driving. Just need to find it, and remove it..

Spirit
09-05-2003, 09:26 PM
The manual I have backs this up - it says:

"Safety Device:
The window will lower a little when an object is caught by the window. Push the close button again to close the window once the window has stopped moving"

Pete

BraindG
09-05-2003, 09:37 PM
If only it was that easy.. ill take you for a spin and show you.. its hard to explain :confused:

calum
11-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Yep - mine does it too. It's the low pressure created by the air being driven round the side of the car by the windscreen that 'sucks' the window out - that's also why your fag ash manages to make it out the window rather than all over you, so it does have it's uses!

The window hits the edge of the rubber slot rather than the slot itself and winds back down INSERT INTO post VALUES (safety feature to stop kids strangling themselves).

You *may* able to fix it by tightening the bits inside the door that hold the window in place. Or maybe not.

Calum

kammy.ahmed
25-06-2003, 12:37 AM
Okay one of my pals thinks he has a solution.
All that is needed is to open the passenger side window then close the drivers side. It worked for me although from time to time it wont shut first time but has always closed the second time.
Try it, let me know if it works?

BraindG
25-06-2003, 06:12 AM
yeah, that works.. i use back windows, it gets rid of the vacuum in the car.. but, its a pain in the arse having to do this every time. ill get round to figuring this out some day :)

haydar
25-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
Just had a thought - my VR-4 has the window wind deflectors fitted, could this be why mine has no problems ?

Pete

Do the wind deflectors add or detract wind noise at motorway speeds?

Nick VR4
25-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by haydar
Do the wind deflectors add or detract wind noise at motorway speeds?

Detract the noise I guess

I'm still trying to find a place I can buy them from :Cry1:
I find more cig ash in the back seat
I try not to smoke at speed driving to Blackpool I wait till I hit traffic and light up
On a bad trip I smoke myself silly :uhoh: drove there a few weeks ago took 6 1/2 hours lots of accidents and traffic smoked over 15 ciggs
:Eyecrazy:

BraindG
25-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4

I'm still trying to find a place I can buy them from :Cry1:

one of the items you will be able to purchase from the online shop.. coming soon.. need a price just now?

Nick VR4
25-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BraindG
need a price just now?

Oh go on then approx ?

haydar
25-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
Oh go on then approx ?

Yes, I'd be interested too....

BraindG
25-06-2003, 01:30 PM
waiting for call back for a more specific price..

will update later this afternoon

BraindG
26-06-2003, 10:23 AM
still waiting, should have a reply tomorrow...

Roadrunner
26-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Another option might be the sort of thing I had on my Subaru Legacy. Because Subarus have frameless doors, the windows have even less support when they're being opened and closed and, to aid the closing, there's a little piece of plastic in the window channel on the A-pillar that simply keeps the window "in" as it's in the final stages of being shut. Maybe a cheaper and less intrusive solution than the wind deflectors ....?

Brian

haydar
27-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BraindG
still waiting, should have a reply tomorrow...

Any news yet?

haydar
28-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Still waiting... patiently.....NOT :)

BraindG
28-06-2003, 12:08 PM
bleh, nothing as yet. boy over in japan taking a while to come back to us once i know youll be the first to know.. after me, and the guy at the shop of course.. well maybe his co-workers aswell.. perhaps if the line is tapped then whom ever is listning in on the call may know first... but that aside, youll know fairly quickly..

haydar
28-06-2003, 12:14 PM
How did you know I'd tapped the line :Ponder: :Ponder: :D

banjo
03-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Did you notice whether the aircon/ventilation was on recirculation? This might be the cause, whereas if system is on through flow there might be enough negative pressure to suck window towards door frame. Just an idea...

BraindG
03-07-2003, 12:38 PM
ah... cunning idea.. will try on way home tonight!