PDA

View Full Version : can someone tell me what these buttons do

KEENY
07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
hi i just found this car on ebay and noticed these buttons. my galant doesnt have them and yet its the same car as mine. please tell me what they do. only thing i could think of is that maybe its for a sun roof.

mine doent have a sun roof and there was no mention on the advert on ebay that galant had one either.

thanx peeps and have a good christmas

BraindG
07-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Think they are heated seats?

Kieran
07-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Yep, they're bum-warmers. Three positions... Off, nicely warm and bake yo'ass!

And yes, only fitted to the moo-cow UK cars.

Kenneth
07-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Ok then, try this one... without a pic!

There is a switch in our legnum that has what looks like a windscreen and a squiggly line through it. Its a toggle switch too... switch is somewhere in the region of the driving lights switch

I dunno what it does :P

Kieran
07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok then, try this one... without a pic!

There is a switch in our legnum that has what looks like a windscreen and a squiggly line through it. Its a toggle switch too... switch is somewhere in the region of the driving lights switch

I dunno what it does :P

Heh! That's for the heating elements that sit underneath the front windscreen wiper blades. They just defrost the blades, not the whole screen though.

Joanne
07-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Heh! That's for the heating elements that sit underneath the front windscreen wiper blades. They just defrost the blades, not the whole screen though.

Awesome, thanks for that! We've been trying to figure out what it does since we bought the car :) /thankyou

Kieran
07-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Awesome, thanks for that! We've been trying to figure out what it does since we bought the car :) /thankyou

You're welcome! Lift up the wiper blades and you'll see the elements.... Unless your car is like Ariadne, where the switch and wiring is there, but at some point the windscreen's been replaced with a standard one!/help

Kenneth
07-12-2006, 11:44 PM
You're welcome! Lift up the wiper blades and you'll see the elements.... Unless your car is like Ariadne, where the switch and wiring is there, but at some point the windscreen's been replaced with a standard one!/help

Yeah, I thought I saw some heater element down there, but I thought "thats not going to demist the windscreen!"

I suppose that means the car was used in a cold part of Japan... hmm, time to take a look at the underside of the car methinks

Dan_G
09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Well, I think your car used to be owned by a spy and all the various buttons control secret functions... like I'm sure the ones in the centre are for the ejector seats and the one with the sqwiggly line is to deploy a stinger out the back to puncture the tyres of the car following you.

psbarham
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, I think your car used to be owned by a spy and all the various buttons control secret functions... like I'm sure the ones in the centre are for the ejector seats and the one with the sqwiggly line is to deploy a stinger out the back to puncture the tyres of the car following you.
don't be so bl00dy stupid , the ones in the middle are for the tyre shredders in the centres of the wheels (one for each side obvious ain't it ) and the sqiggily line one is the head up display for the heat seaking missiles in the front fogs /pan some people hey

richy rich
09-12-2006, 08:53 PM
don't be so bl00dy stupid , the ones in the middle are for the tyre shredders in the centres of the wheels (one for each side obvious ain't it ) and the sqiggily line one is the head up display for the heat seaking missiles in the front fogs /pan some people hey
/haz

Dan_G
09-12-2006, 09:38 PM

sorry.. the spy car upgrades manual I got off ebay must be out of date...

bradc
09-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I would prefer to have an extra cup holder than heated seats myself, our Astra convertable has them and I find they are a waste of time.

psbarham
09-12-2006, 11:24 PM
sorry.. the spy car upgrades manual I got off ebay must be out of date...
that'll teach you to buy cheap knock off translated manuals from flea bay won't it . by the way i have a copy of a klingon translation book i brought from there that you might be interested in , funny thing is though the local chinese take away understand me perfectly :speechles /pan