PDA

View Full Version : donor parts.

BraindG
30-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Ok, the list starts here..

lets build up a list of parts from other cars that fit the VR-4... if you have experience, please mention something along with the part.

i.e.
different bolt had to be used
spacer had to be used..

etc etc

If we could use the following template that would be greatINSERT INTO post VALUES (add if you feel you need another)

Part - i.e. disc/clutch
Part Number - i.e. 4932 INSERT INTO post VALUES (:D )
Car - i.e. Used on Evo 7
Modifications required to fit -
Issues - if any
Recommended? and why -

With this information we can build a comprehensive list which will be added to the info section.

if you could, and have the time, could you please also include a picture of the item, however its not essential, cos if ive got a part number i can look it up and use any picture i find on that item..

Thanks for your time
Barry

p.s. please if you dont mind, no discussion about the parts in this post, if you have questions, please post in the "VR-4 Chat (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=20)" Forum. Ta

Roadrunner
30-04-2003, 10:15 AM
From experience:

Part - road wheel
Part Number - 8"x17"
Car - Used on Evo 7
Modifications required to fit - none
Issues - With 235/45x17 tyres, slight fouling of rear inner plastic arches when car fully loaded. Not noticeable when only two-up.
Recommended? - Oh yes. Improves look of car INSERT INTO post VALUES ( IMHO ;) ); lower-profile tyres firm up ride and improve handling, gives more scope for brake upgrade.

Brian

Roadrunner
30-04-2003, 10:21 AM
From experience:

Part - Brembo front brakes
Part Number - Brembo 4-pots and 330mm discs
Car - Used on Evo 7
Modifications required to fit - disc back plate needs to be discarded, otherwise they're a straight replacement for the standard discs and calipers.
Issues - None noticed to date. Back plate serves to protect track rod ends from disc heat but I think they're probably far enough away INSERT INTO post VALUES (around 40mm) not to be a problem. Also, needs 17" wheels to allow disc clearance and check offset to allow caliper clearance. Evo 7 wheels work fine :)
Recommended? - Oh yes. Gives more purposeful look to car INSERT INTO post VALUES ( IMHO ;) ); improves stopping power.

Brian

calum
11-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Part -front brake discs
Part Number - Dunno
Car - Evo IV INSERT INTO post VALUES (pre brembo model)
Modifications required to fit - none.
Issues - None.
Recommended? - Yes. gives greater choice of parts.

Calum

Spirit
11-06-2003, 10:54 PM
I am having Pagid discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads fitted Saturday which are Evo IV parts so I will update you all on how it goes and part numbers at the time - can tell you this though - I am gonna save you a fortune ! - Just wait for the weekend to see

Pete