PDA

View Full Version : help installing gauges -----------please

SirVr4
14-12-2006, 01:13 AM
/help /help /help i have 2 electrical gauges 1-oil pressure and the other Water temp, i was wanting to know where the best place would be to mount the senders /pan

pics would be a big help if u have them

thanks everyone

Kieran
14-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey bud - I think Gly's sorted you out in this thread, no?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20881

SirVr4
14-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Hey bud - I think Gly's sorted you out in this thread, no?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20881
not realy as the sandwish plate he suggested will put my oil filter to low for my comfort, realy wanna know aswel am i able to screw it into where the standard pressure goes with out have to put the standard one back on, u know what i mean?

mpau009
14-12-2006, 04:32 AM
not realy as the sandwish plate he suggested will put my oil filter to low for my comfort, realy wanna know aswel am i able to screw it into where the standard pressure goes with out have to put the standard one back on, u know what i mean?

The light will come on, unless the factory sender is grounded, i put mine there on my old STR using a t-piece adaptor thing that came with the autogauge gauges, but its a bit of a sh!te to get at even without all the turbo stuff. Iv now got a sandwich plate, and it works fine, i'm not too low, but i bottomed out hard yesterday (saw sparks in the rear view mirror:5shots: ) and the filter survived just fine.

Even though it sticks out a bit below the skid plate iv never heard of anyone having any problems, and id imagine the type of impact it would take to rip the filter would cause a bunch more serious problems...

Gly
14-12-2006, 06:50 AM

well if you want it fitted in the factory location youll need a T Joiner...
you'll have to find a local engineering shop fro this...

you will need to take them both the factory sensor and aftermarket sensor
to insure correct fitment as there usually always different threads.

you need to remove the tactory one which is down by the power steering belt...

towards the back, need the rear pully wheel, between the top and bottom of the belt, there is very little room.

if the after market sensor is fairly large... (mine is auto guage brand)
its best to fit the t-piece so the factory sensor is pointed down, and the aftermarket one points out....

the sensor on mine allmost touches the pully wheel! but has been like that for nearly 3 years not had an issue

Gly
14-12-2006, 06:58 AM
hey ya go...

the red wire leads to my aftermarket sensor.

you must keep in the fatory one aswell otherwise you may end up with engine waring light issues

mpau009
14-12-2006, 09:01 AM
..like i said its a damm sight easier just to go with the sandwich plate:scholar:

And the really good news was when i tried to take the gauges off to put on the VR4, the sender sheered off inside the block hole thing, try the nerves drilling that one out:5shots:

Also remember that with the sandwich plates they can accomodate a fairly large range of filters, so you could probably go for a wider/shorter arrangement

SirVr4
15-12-2006, 01:27 AM
/thankyou /Wyhy Thank you all great help

MITSI WAT!!!!!!!!!