PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsubo on TM.. ends tonight

Gly
14-12-2006, 06:35 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=80628263

d i c k i e s
14-12-2006, 07:50 AM
51min remaining. whoever wants it. (oogie woogie)

You See
14-12-2006, 08:02 AM
51min remaining. whoever wants it. (oogie woogie)
/woot2

Gly
14-12-2006, 08:46 AM
LOL kenneth won the auction :P

bradc
14-12-2006, 07:43 PM
and dontoo22 is ShowVR :) 3 cvr4 members bidding on the same exhaust :)

Kenneth
14-12-2006, 09:57 PM
I feel a bit bad actually... If I had taken a good look I may not have bid, but I had something like 5 mins to spare (just got home from picking up kitten) and was in a bit of a rush so just did the next bid :P

was going to bid via text though, in which case I still wouldn't have known UC bid :P

though... my questions should have made it plain I was going to bid though :P ah well.

I was thinking actually, it might be useful to use the cat -> axle section to see how much it costs to get one made up by an exaust place. Especially the resonator measurments.

g6acb
14-12-2006, 10:06 PM
:stop: runs off to google the number for the NZ version of RSPCA

SHOWVR
14-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Congrats Kenny!!! I put on an auto bid but that didnt work - had a christmas do last night so I couldnt monitor the sale........ I told the woman to make sure she bids higher then any other bidder but when I got home ( at 3am ) all she could say was ...... what sale???? blah blah blah...................................
Look like ill have to spend the dosh to get it custom.......unless u have second thoughts Kenny??

Oh well ............ MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Kenneth
14-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Congrats Kenny!!! I put on an auto bid but that didnt work - had a christmas do last night so I couldnt monitor the sale........ I told the woman to make sure she bids higher then any other bidder but when I got home ( at 3am ) all she could say was ...... what sale???? blah blah blah...................................
Look like ill have to spend the dosh to get it custom.......unless u have second thoughts Kenny??

Oh well ............ MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Wondered why you left it after that... You know you can bid via text message? screw the christmas do!

No, no second thoughts... unless it turns out to be FUBAR.

As I said though, I dont mind if you want to use it as a template for getting the cat -> axle section copied.

SHOWVR
14-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Wondered why you left it after that... You know you can bid via text message? screw the christmas do!

No, no second thoughts... unless it turns out to be FUBAR.

As I said though, I dont mind if you want to use it as a template for getting the cat -> axle section copied.

All Good Kenny, I might take you up on the offer to copy the cat section.
DOnt forget to post up pics when u complete the mod.
Cheers

Paul Beazer
14-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Looking at the picture the final muffler section over the rear axle looked like it was a bit beaten up. No doubt you'll let us know when you get it!

You See
15-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Yup...good buy Kenneth. Congrats dude./notworthy
I bags the next one!....mark my words!!!!! /Grrr

Kenneth
17-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Yup...good buy Kenneth. Congrats dude./notworthy
I bags the next one!....mark my words!!!!! /Grrr

no, actually it wasn't a good buy... it was fairly damaged :(

still, I am going to use it as a template to get something nice made up.

I am getting a friend of mine to check out what he can get 3" stainless tube for (the company he works for buys so much that they get something like 60% discount) and then I need to check out resonators and flanges.

d i c k i e s
17-12-2006, 11:22 PM
damn dats a huge discount!

mpau009
17-12-2006, 11:28 PM
damn dats a huge discount!

Its nuts, the place i worked for had the same thing for stainless bolts and fittings and stuff, shows you how much of a killing they make on some stuff.

..Mind you when you buy a couple of bulk bag of screws for $2k (with discount) youd hope theyd cut you some slack:5shots:

Kenneth are you looking at making copies of the whole exhaust, or just the cat section? I could see a market for brand new bolt on exhaust kits in nz:thinking:

Kenneth
18-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Its nuts, the place i worked for had the same thing for stainless bolts and fittings and stuff, shows you how much of a killing they make on some stuff.

..Mind you when you buy a couple of bulk bag of screws for $2k (with discount) youd hope theyd cut you some slack:5shots:

Kenneth are you looking at making copies of the whole exhaust, or just the cat section? I could see a market for brand new bolt on exhaust kits in nz:thinking:

Well, copying it would probably of course breach copyright... So i'll use it as a template (get the flanges in the right place etc) :pimp2:

Depends really... I have been planning to learn how to tig weld for some time, early next year might just be that time.
Also depends on the gear I need and what it costs. The steel is only going to be a small amount of the cost.

Yeah, I also see that there might be a market for doing a few exhausts :)

mpau009
18-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Well, copying it would probably of course breach copyright... So i'll use it as a template (get the flanges in the right place etc) :pimp2:

Depends really... I have been planning to learn how to tig weld for some time, early next year might just be that time.
Also depends on the gear I need and what it costs. The steel is only going to be a small amount of the cost.

Yeah, I also see that there might be a market for doing a few exhausts :)

of course, do the trademe thing - sell it as a fujitsubo 'STYLE' exhaust:iloveyou:

I know a guy who's onto it for welding stainless and other stuff, does handrails and stuff for his job, and makes mufflers and little projects in his spare time, so if you didnt want to buy all the stuff i'm sure he'd be keen to help with a prototype

bernmc
18-12-2006, 11:04 AM
no, actually it wasn't a good buy... it was fairly damaged :(

I thought it looked pretty dreadful in the pics... wouldn't have touched it myself.

This is what it should look like: :D:D

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12917&d=1158396407

Do we have a gloating smiley? No...? It'll have to be this then: /bounce

Kenneth
18-12-2006, 10:02 PM
I thought it looked pretty dreadful in the pics... wouldn't have touched it myself.

My downpipes still live... you want me to post another pic of them to bring you back down to reality Bern? thats what a REAL exaust should look like!

bernmc
18-12-2006, 10:50 PM
My downpipes still live... you want me to post another pic of them to bring you back down to reality Bern? thats what a REAL exaust should look like!

pffft. Wiggly little wormy things ;)

Gly
19-12-2006, 06:18 AM

yeh but i bet you paid the bomb for it....

i only paid $200nz to my door for mine and its in mint condition! :afro: :evilgrin: