PDA

View Full Version : Ello

iain69
14-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi all, just bought a 2l gls galant estate, and found this club while looking for info on the galant, use to have a v6 vectra that had a visit to the tunning shop but we've recently moved to scotland and the roads up here are killing it but the galant has to have some performance work done as i miss the power of my vecy ( would have bought a VR but i have to use it every day so fuel cost had to be an cosidered.

Lillywotsername
15-12-2006, 12:07 AM
hey welcome to the club Iain.... Great to have you on board/Welcome

Paul Beazer
15-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Should have got yourself a v6 (bit late now i know!), they're not that much thirstier than the 2litre, but have got bags of torque and they sound lovely!

Not to worry, you've made a fine choice of car and welcome to the club.

BTW where in scoitland are you? We have a fair few members up there.

Oh, might be worth getting the undersealing checked or re-done as the winter salt can get in and help rust form.

Not aware of a great many mods for the 2.0l (or the V6 for that matter). You probably wont go wrong with an improved exhaust sytem and possibly some induction mods.

Axeboy
15-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Welcome m8

Kieran
15-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Welcome! /Welcome

My first Galant was a GLS and I loved it to bits. Scottish Ian also had a GLS, and he did quite a bit to his. Maybe check out some of his posts? By the time he'd done, it could worry a standard V6, as I found out when I changed to my V6 Sport!

The UK-Spec cars seem to respond well to the following:

Exhaust
Induction (make sure it's got a good cold air feed!)
Fresh plugs and HT leads
De-cat

Beyond that, it's hard to say. No-one's had them re-chipped, so can't say if that'd help.

Anyhow, enjoy!:afro:

BraindG
15-12-2006, 11:24 AM
/Wyhy /Welcome