PDA

View Full Version : Rhys does packing...

bernmc
15-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Like he does cars!

You may remember Rhys advertising some of the bits form his Stunning VR4 on the forums... four of us ended getting stuff.

Crate arrived in the UK this week, so I headed down from Warwickshire (160 miles), and Paul (that shortarse CaishanVR4 chap) from London (innit).

Set off for Felixstowe in the eternal twilight that is English winter (hobbitses anyone?). Was a bit wary of the drive - it's a long way, and the A14 has a bit of a reputation. Did well though - left at 7, arrived just after 10, and Paul turned up within 10 minutes - not bad eh! Coming back, and there was a lorry who's driver had clearly fallen asleep and ploughed up the embankment - both lanes shut... fortunately in the opposite direction :D

Nice bunch of blokes at the warehouse - quite interested in what we were up to, and what the stuff was for (although one of them called the Leggie a 'pocket rocket':|).

One of them buzzed off in his forklift and turned up with this dirty great thing (the box I mean - ignore the dodgy looking character kneeling nearby - he tried to sell me some fake perfume, and then tried to leg it with the whole box - would have got away too with it if his hoodie hadn't fallen over his eyes :D)

richy rich
15-12-2006, 08:57 PM
wtf is is in the box sheep boy

Dan_G
15-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Like he does cars!

You may remember Rhys advertising some of the bits form his Stunning VR4 on the forums... four of us ended getting stuff.

Crate arrived in the UK this week, so I headed down from Warwickshire (160 miles), and Paul (that shortarse CaishanVR4 chap) from London (innit).

Set off for Felixstowe in the eternal twilight that is English winter (hobbitses anyone?). Was a bit wary of the drive - it's a long way, and the A14 has a bit of a reputation. Did well though - left at 7, arrived just after 10, and Paul turned up within 10 minutes - not bad eh!

Nice bunch of blokes at the warehouse - quite interested in what we were up to, and what the stuff was for (although one of them called the Leggie a 'pocket rocket':|).

One of them buzzed off in his forklift and turned up with this dirty great thing (the box I mean - ignore the dodgy looking character kneeling nearby - he tried to sell me some fake perfume, and then tried to leg it with the whole box - would have got away too with it if his hoodie hadn't fallen over his eyes :D)

OMG! that bloody thing is build like a brick sh!t house...... Rhys, you deserve a medal for totally giving a **** and setting the standard so high..

can wait for me brakes cant wait.... ooh ooh

bernmc
15-12-2006, 08:58 PM
The crate was a bit of a masterpiece - carefully made, compartmentalised etc - Rhys doesn't mess about. And the whole thing was full of carefully packed lovelyness, all individually wrapped and labled... much shiny stuff...

Pics of my boot full of bits - I almost wish I'd got the lot, it's so georgeous. Had a sneaky peaky at Pauls new bonnet - it's absolutely stunning.

My new exhaust is HUGE - heard some rattling about in the backbox, so I suspect there's a family of immigrants stowed away in there. Gonna have to flush them out.

I won;t steal the other boy's thunder, so will let them post pics of their stuff when I've posted it/delivered it to them!

Kieran
15-12-2006, 09:03 PM
That all looks very very yummy! Very jealous of the hard pipes!

Nick VR4
15-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Nice one :D

Dan_G
15-12-2006, 09:05 PM
I am so excited.... no really... bloody excited.... /woot /woot :bananadan those photos have got me all unnecessary bern ... I love christmas /Poms /Poms

you dont have a big white beared and call yerself santa do you?:) :)

i can even see my name... :happy: :happy: /Banana

BraindG
15-12-2006, 09:19 PM
omg Rhys, thats some mental Packing :D

woo wooo!! prezzies!! wooo woooo !!

(wishes he had some)

mpau009
15-12-2006, 09:40 PM
The crate was a bit of a masterpiece - carefully made, compartmentalised etc

And you were surprised why... havent you seen his engine bay pics:5shots:

your a bunch of lucky _____'s to get all that nice stuff, i only wish i could have afforded to keep some of it over here

Make sure you get some pics up once the bits are up and running:afro:

bradc
16-12-2006, 01:31 AM
you should have seen the amount of bubble wrap Rhys used to ship my gauge pod up, I wondered if there was any left in the world :)

Nice work :)

caishanvr4
16-12-2006, 01:41 PM
:d Thanks for the parts rhys
If i had enough space in my mpv i would've taken the box and sold it on as an open plan apartment down docklands, it was that well built. All my parts are hidden away from er indoors ;)
The bonnet at a mates /Devil5 Hopefully She wont notice the difference when its on. Tried to do a deal with barnabybearmc over his exhaust but then he made a pass at me /yikes
I made my excuses and left the docks immediately

bernmc
16-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Tried to do a deal with barnabybearmc over his exhaust but then he made a pass at me
I made my excuses and left the docks immediately

Barstard! You told me you loved me :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: