PDA

View Full Version : donington......... again !!

SGHOM
15-12-2006, 10:56 PM
this sunday ?? anyone ? Jimbo..... Jimbo :thinking:

been posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd start a new thread.
my exhaust is being swapped tomorrow, & new brake pads in the boot. [ just in case] :happy:
weather is set fair, so for the second time in a few weeks, I WILL destroy my car !! /pan /pan /pan /rally /rally

HJM
15-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Good luck D, hope you have a great day - would love to be there, but can't face another night in that Leicester Travel Inn /help

J :)

tig202
15-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Damn bro, got my sis up from the ol smoke this weekend for an early chrimbo:speechles new yr for sure bro!

bernmc
15-12-2006, 11:38 PM
it's feckin' poring with rain here - just driven back from work and I'd have been better off on a jetski.

Fair my arse!

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Damn bro, got my sis up from the ol smoke this weekend for an early chrimbo:speechles new yr for sure bro!

thread hijack...................

I'm /we are in shrewsbury weds ... [ allbright hussey hotel ] you around Steve ?? :thinking:

Physician
16-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Not sure Derek ........ weather is now definately DRY all day so not very interesting!

I may well pop up and watch or even do a half day depending on what competition is on track.

Will you take the Leggie on track or the Saab?

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Will you take the Leggie on track or the Saab?

the legnum Rich. :afro: coming for a few pax laps ?? :thinking: /rally

Physician
16-12-2006, 09:58 AM
the legnum Rich. :afro: coming for a few pax laps ?? :thinking: /rally

As I feel totally safe with you (as a good driver, that is!) I may well do, thanks.

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 10:09 AM
As I feel totally safe with you (as a good driver, that is!) I may well do, thanks.

I'll keep my hands on the steering wheel !! :happy: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Lillywotsername
16-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Hope you have a great day Guys.... and Maggie/rally

HJM
16-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Although I actually cannot quite believe it myself, we have just booked, the dog is on its way to the kennels and we are will be heading North very shortly - see you bright and early Derek :happy:

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Although I actually cannot quite believe it myself, we have just booked, the dog is on its way to the kennels and we are will be heading North very shortly - see you bright and early Derek :happy:

NUTTERS !! /rally /rally /rally

HJM
16-12-2006, 11:48 AM
NUTTERS !! /rally /rally /rally

Too right - I was supposed to be working this weekend :inquisiti

HJM
16-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Not sure Derek ........ weather is now definately DRY all day so not very interesting!

The guaranteed (!) fine weather is the only reason we are coming :happy:

tig202
16-12-2006, 12:48 PM
thread hijack...................

I'm /we are in shrewsbury weds ... [ allbright hussey hotel ] you around Steve ?? :thinking:

Now that sounds like its going to involve :chugchug: , I will pm you my mobile bro:thumbsup:

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Now that sounds like its going to involve :chugchug: , I will pm you my mobile bro:thumbsup:

Mags & me are stopping here;
http://www.albrighthussey.co.uk/site/

just on the weds afternoon/night. companies xmas party !! :thinking: I'll get to meet for the 1st time, people I've been speaking to for 15 years !! :speechles /help

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 03:35 PM
exhaust sorted. :happy: AYC...... not. /Grrr might have a go at replacing the switch later. :thinking:

ready to roll !! /rally /rally

Jimbo
16-12-2006, 04:12 PM
1) I've just finished a long horrible week at work
2) I'm knackered
3) I'm skint
4) My NSR tyre has a puncture
5) The engine is burning oil
6) I haven't cleaned it since before the last track day

Booked :)

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 04:30 PM
lets add up then ??

1] SGHOM [ + poss Mags & family ]
2] HJM [ in the supra ]
3] Jimbo
4] Chris + family
5] Physician
6] wouter & carmell

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 07:50 PM
and Wouter & Carmel make 2 more !! :happy: :happy: /rally

K9NG
16-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Have fun guys /rally /rally
Take plenty of pics Jane /Camera

And Heath, Keep that Ass in check boy :smoking:

Physician
16-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Agghhhh!

WOUTER ......... if you're coming down, do you have some Amsoil ATF? Or the Mitsy Dia whatever stuff?

I'll pay cash if you do have some. Thanks.

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Agghhhh!

WOUTER ......... if you're coming down, do you have some Amsoil ATF? Or the Mitsy Dia whatever stuff?

I'll pay cash if you do have some. Thanks.
I'll ring him now for you Rich.

Physician
16-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I'll ring him now for you Rich.

Thanks pal :iloveyou:

richy rich
16-12-2006, 08:30 PM
rich just spoken to wouter we have plenty here but im on my way to exeter tomorrow, wouter has a key so if some one/you wants to come to stoke and get it you/some one can.

just had a thought jimbo is going tomorrow he can come in and get it for you.

Physician
16-12-2006, 08:48 PM
rich just spoken to wouter we have plenty here but im on my way to exeter tomorrow, wouter has a key so if some one/you wants to come to stoke and get it you/some one can.

just had a thought jimbo is going tomorrow he can come in and get it for you.

That's very kind of you Rich. However, I don't want to put Jimbo out. Is it on his route to Donington?

Actually, he may have come down already to Leicester as he has friends here.

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Have fun guys /rally /rally
Take plenty of pics Jane /Camera

And Heath, Keep that Ass in check boy :smoking:

donny's only an hour or so from you Paul ?? you coming ? :thinking: :thinking: /rally

richy rich
16-12-2006, 09:40 PM
what time are you meating at donny?

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 09:49 PM
what time are you meating at donny?

8 am signing in......... you coming Rich ? :thinking:

richy rich
16-12-2006, 09:56 PM
No I've organised a special delivery of atf for rich, it will be later in the day but it will be there if he comes though for you rich.

how much atf do you need rich.

rich can you send me your number for the courier to get in touch with you.

SGHOM
16-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Woohoo !! /Banana /Banana
looks like my gorgeous babe Maggie will be attending, along with her kids emma & kerry [ + hubby] & grandson Josh. :iloveyou:

roll on tomorrow !! /rally /rally

Spirit
17-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Have a great day guys.........when HJM's texted me to advise they had booked, two things happened:

1: I had to pick my jaw up off the ground
2: I was tempted to stay over as I was in Peterborough and bring my new toy along.......but then common sense took over..........damn /Grrr

Have fun peeps :iloveyou:

WildCards
17-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Have fun guys, i'd love to be there too, but i've got to go to Exeter to make a purchase. Roll on 2007 track days.

g6acb
17-12-2006, 12:12 AM
:thinking2 Medowhell / Donington / Medowhell / Donington................

SGHOM
17-12-2006, 06:39 AM
but then common sense took over..........damn /Grrr

Have fun peeps :iloveyou:
since when have the 'usual suspects' had common sense ? :thinking: /rally

Physician
17-12-2006, 07:55 AM

Exactly!

Some of 'em have even been known to buy Jaguars!

And others swear blind that they won't do any more track days in 2006 ........ and then ....

K9NG
17-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Oi I resemble that remark /pan
I had sense and stayed away not through choice of my own :bigcry:

Pete, what new toy /toycar

Spirit
17-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Pete, what new toy /toycar

Just bought a Jag X Type 3.0 V6 manual /help

K9NG
17-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Nice :thumbsup:
So the Saab has gone?

psbarham
17-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Just bought a Jag X Type 3.0 V6 manual /help
git , git , git , git , git , git . you were in p'boro with a jag and you didn't tell any bugger /pan i could have done with escaping the crimbo shopping for a while /Grrr

BraindG
17-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Was a really nice day! weather was fantastic for december, couldn't have asked for better. it got me all wet and moist not the weather! the cars, and track and smells, noises.... oh oooohhh......Hurry up Japfest!. :iloveyou:

Ive put up some photos in the gallery, here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Gallery/showgallery.php?cat=566).

Gotta run, dinner time :evilgrin:

K9NG
17-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Looked like a top day :2thumbsup
Would of liked to be there /Hissy
Will be waiting for full stories...

I Love this pic http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Gallery/showfull.php?photo=1610

Heath thinking "I'm gonna deck someone"
and Jane thinking "I'm gonna rip that poxy sign off the wall"
:D :jester: :jester:

The Vee
17-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Some unusual pics there. Very arty farty!! - top man:thumbsup:

Physician
17-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Mucho, mucho gracias to Barry for bringing the Amsoil ATF for me. :happy:

And same to Wouter for checking out my gearbox. :happy:

Tooooo damn cold for me - it WAS a nice sunny day but I don't do cold. Nice to see the usual suspects again.

g6acb
17-12-2006, 09:44 PM
:thinking2 Medowhell / Donington / Medowhell / Donington................

Well, needless to say that Donington won, and apart from [url]www.barry_can_take_photos_that_make_you_look_like_ an_axe_murderer.com, what a great day......

The first couple of track sesions looked very slippery, with nearly every session being cut short due to an accident

The afternoon saw the track drying out and my first experience of track-day action in anything bigger than a go-kart.... allthough Heath's Supra on a track still damp in some wrong places was interesting

Many thanks to Heath, Jimbo and SGHOM for the passenger laps and Jane for the loan of a helmet

Just chilling with a beer now trying to erase images of a Lexus mafia-barge attempting a J turn at 90 mph right in front of us - but I'm sure SGHOM will have more to say about that!

Kieran
17-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Oooh - sounds exciting/scary! Tell us more!:inquisiti

g6acb
17-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Oooh - sounds exciting/scary! Tell us more!:inquisiti

SGHOM.. he's loosing it, he's loosi.. he's lost it..... Sh1t.. Ady, left or right???
Ady... Woh Woh, Stop!
SGHOM.. Right it is then...

:5shots:

HJM
18-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Here we go again - yet another great trackday, which went from a couple of cars and a handful of people, to four cars on track and quite a gathering - great to see you all again and good to meet you Ady and many thanks for the lift :thumbsup:

I discovered a whole new track day experience today - one without a hint of a hangover as we had an early night on Saturday and I realised just how noisy that damned Travel Inn is - even the flippin birds didn't go to sleep /pan /pan /pan

The track was chaos all day and I will leave Heath to tell his tales of the Supra on a damp Donington track but suffice to say I was right about one thing - it is too cold to stand around and take pics!!

That was definitely our last track day of 2006 :speechles :inquisiti :iloveyou:

J

Kieran
18-12-2006, 12:24 AM
SGHOM.. he's loosing it, he's loosi.. he's lost it..... Sh1t.. Ady, left or right???
Ady... Woh Woh, Stop!

:toilet: /haz

HJM
18-12-2006, 12:29 AM
A few pics .......................

Kieran
18-12-2006, 12:30 AM
I like Barnard's numberplate..... "F*** You!"

HJM
18-12-2006, 12:37 AM
more .....................

Kieran
18-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Did that white EVO recover that, or did the pit lane wall claim another victim?

HJM
18-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Did that white EVO recover that, or did the pit lane wall claim another victim?

Put it this way, I also have the 'after' pics :inquisiti

Kieran
18-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Put it this way, I also have the 'after' pics :inquisiti

Yes please!:inquisiti

HJM
18-12-2006, 12:52 AM
ooops .............

Kieran
18-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Ooooh, ya bugger!/help

SGHOM
18-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Ady... Woh Woh, Stop!

was interesting to say the least !! :speechles even more entertaing than the "sh!t, that was close" scenario !!
he lost the rear end going a right hander, but seemed to have held it?? err.... nope ! first right..then left.. then right again. /rally finally he did a 360 spin & recoiled bacwards on to the grass.
the 4 cars abreast [ me included] just had to wait until he stopped spinning to decided on which side to pass him !! /pan /pan

Spirit
18-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Great pix as always Jane......sounds like it was a fun day :happy:

Good to hear all you guys came away in one piece again

WildCards
18-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Great pics Jane, looked like a busy day! Glad everyone made it back in one piece.

HJM
18-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Great trackday as always and particularly as the weather was so good for December :sunny:

Good to see some new faces as well as the old ones.

Track action was mixed with numerous stoppages caused by the usual talentless have a go heros - mainly the two MR2 owners who stopped 4 sessions between them /pan

Also track etiquette was p1$$ poor and all of us were blocked by the same old numpties - what were those silver Type R Civics doing :thinking:

Did enjoy in a perverse way being given the 'bird' by the passenger in a track prepared Rover 200 as I gunned past them down Starkey's Straight - the driver knowingly held me up for over a lap despite being flashed twice politely.

Ok rant over :speechles

Last session (Wouter in the hot seat) was probably the best as the rain clouds just held off and we got some tail end action going /Steeringw

Oh nearly forgot the heart stopping first session /help

The safety car lead us around for few laps and we all realised that conditions were not good - Donny living up to its reputation as one of the most slippery tracks in the world (thank you East Midland Airport !) it was like trying to drive on glass !

Couple of laps after the safety car I came down the Starkey's Straight steadily and went in and around the chicane very gingerly having realised that it was particularly slippery that stage of the morning. As I was exiting the chicane, applied minimal power and very quickly got into a rapid anti-clockwise spin, which I couldn't recover and then just grabbed on the brakes as hard as possible as the car now drifted to the concrete pit lane wall - I remember thinking "Don't Hit Don't Hit"

Thankfully the car came to rest pointing 45 degrees up the wrong way of the track and the front wing 2 foot from the wall - phew I thought and then realised I had to swing back onto the track on a blind corner.

Waited for a gap and just prayed that no-one came flying around the chicane to make a nasty pile up - I was fortunately very lucky, unlike the guy in the white Evo that hit virtually the same place in the dry - what is it about lucky white Mitsubishis :inquisiti

Still it was good experience getting to drive the widow maker at a different track and in poor conditions for the first time - it was also very humbling in that first session letting virtually everything go past me after my incident, might have been the smell in the cockpit - lucky I was on my own:happy:

Unfortunately I didn't have the video camera set up as we had to rush from the briefing onto track and I wasn't going to repeat it despite Jane's request to do so just for the camera /pan

Roll on the 2007 track season - look forward to doing it all again /rally

H

bernmc
18-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh nearly forgot the heart stopping first session

H

You're a braver man than me, H - I'd be way to scared to take the Z out in conditionsl like that!

SGHOM
18-12-2006, 06:51 PM
You're a braver man than me, H - I'd be way to scared to take the Z out in conditionsl like that!

wimp !! /pan /pan /rally /rally :iloveyou:

Nutter_John
18-12-2006, 06:54 PM
wimp !! /pan /pan /rally /rally :iloveyou:

well said that man

Kieran
18-12-2006, 06:54 PM

Nevermind these RWD beasties, I think I'd leave Ariadne in the carpark with stories of arse-out antics like that!/help

HJM
18-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Rest of pics are HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/2252470/1/117549682)

HJM
18-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Just been watching the video footage and laughed out loud at this conversation -

Wouter: ''I've always been told that these cars are a death wish''

Heath: ''Yeah, they are'' - as they head down into Craner Curves :inquisiti

I'm surprised Wouter didn't try to get out there and then /haz

And just how many times can Heath mention his bluddy brakes in a 20 minute session /pan /pan /pan

Nutter_John
18-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Maybe he was hinting to you Jane about a Xmas present

/lol

HJM
18-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Maybe he was hinting to you Jane about a Xmas present

/lol

Mm, you think?

Like subliminal messages, only less subtle :thinking:

barnard
19-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I like Barnard's numberplate..... "F*** You!"

What about the blue PUG 106, L_ _ _ "HJM".

Spirit
19-12-2006, 03:25 AM
Glad you came away in one piece Heath........I certainly feel you need a decent brake upgrade on that car before you do some serious damage

/nudge nudge wink wink :evilgrin:

Jimbo
19-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Rest of pics are HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/2252470/1/117549682)

:thumbsup: /thankyou

WildCards
19-12-2006, 11:38 AM
ooops .............

My email to Donington this morning:

"Caroline, have the Januray and February Trakzone dates been decided upon yet? Nothing is published on the Donington Park website and i'd like to organise a track day for myself and a few others in the new year.

Many thanks"

The response:

"Thank you for your email regarding January and February. There won't be any trackdays in January as we are having the pitwall rebuilt. We have some provisional dates for February which will be every Sunday. These dates will be finalised and released in the new year, probably the second week of January.

Kind Regards

Caroline"

:oops: /haz

Jimbo
19-12-2006, 03:47 PM
"Thank you for your email regarding January and February. There won't be any trackdays in January as we are having the pitwall rebuilt. We have some provisional dates for February which will be every Sunday. These dates will be finalised and released in the new year, probably the second week of January.

Yes Derek (I think) was saying that at the weekend. Apparently there's a trackday somewhere around the 27th of Dec which may be cancelled if they manage to proceed with the re-build straight after xmas. I don't think it had anything to do with the Evo.

WildCards
19-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't think it had anything to do with the Evo.

No, i'm sure it doesn't, it made me think twice this morning though when the email came through.

SGHOM
19-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Apparently there's a trackday somewhere around the 27th of Dec .

the 29th actually James. open pit lane..... unsilenced... just £99. /toycar /toycar

not that I would even dream of going to another track day this year. :thinking: :thinking: /rally

WildCards
19-12-2006, 04:01 PM
It's fully booked isn't it D?

/EDIT - yep, just checked and the website says sold out

HJM
19-12-2006, 04:27 PM
It's fully booked isn't it D?

/EDIT - yep, just checked and the website says sold out

Good /help

J