PDA

View Full Version : cameras

matt mowbray
17-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know what the green, and blue roadside cameras are for ? Also i passed what looked like a police speed camera van at the side of the A1 at Scotchcorner, but what was unusual was that it had what looked like two sattelite dishes on the roof. I was doing about 85 at the time ! Should I start worrying ?

g6acb
17-12-2006, 10:42 PM
only if you have no tax or mot or insurance....

colVR4
18-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Blue cameras that are mounted on poles and face both ways are actually traffic density sensors and are part of the national traffic alert system. They apparently measure the speed and volume of traffic on the roads which then feeds in to the traffic alerts that you get on your satnav.

Used to have a link to it all somewhere but I have misplaced it. I am sure that some clever person out there can find it again :)

strapping young lad
18-12-2006, 12:40 PM
if they are on blue poles and are blue themselves they are more than likely trafficmaster cameras

Throbbe
19-12-2006, 10:18 AM
^^^^ What he said.

Same for the ones mounted on bridges pointing down at traffic lanes. Some are green too, not sure if this is a different network, or just that they changed colour at some point so newer ones are green.